Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Henna-type tattoos
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Artisans » Henna-type tattoos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the blue fairy
Grandmistress

Post Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:40 pm    Post subject: Henna-type tattoos

I would like input and ideas as far as designs for temporary henna style tattoos that you would like to see artisans be able to apply

one of my ideas is race script..... like eloai writing or jaddan writing etc....

then of course generic ideas like flowers from the game, aibas, etc....
skulls, butterflys, eowae, scripture.....so on.

I would like you all to give us some input on this.

Thanks

The Blue Fairy

A set of breast implants fall from the sky with a soft plop.

Caretaker Jornnoj Vunn looks up at the sky.

A passing guard suddenly shits himself.
 Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject:

How long do Henna tattoos stay on?
 Back to top »
the blue fairy
Grandmistress

Post Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Im hoping for 2 weeks but this is still just something I am discussing with Arden and decided to involve everyone in the discusion
so if you like the idea, speak up so she knows

TBF

Back to top »
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject:

I absolutely adore the idea! Please, please, please!
maddie

Post Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:22 am    Post subject:

Yay! Henna tattoos rock!
Why is this under Artisans? They already can do so much and now they're gonna make henna tattoos? Wow.
As to the design ideas, elan rose would have to be a choice. Also, I was thining, I once got a henna tattoo that looked like a ring on my finger. Henna rings/bracelets/anklets would be cool.
 Back to top »
HR-Faith
OCD Grammar Perfectionist

Post Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:26 am    Post subject:

maddie wrote:
Yay! Henna tattoos rock!
Why is this under Artisans? They already can do so much and now they're gonna make henna tattoos? Wow.
As to the design ideas, elan rose would have to be a choice. Also, I was thining, I once got a henna tattoo that looked like a ring on my finger. Henna rings/bracelets/anklets would be cool.

Not that I'm the Artisan guru, or even one who would decide whether this would become a real system or not, but it makes sense to me...Henna tattoos are more like painting (no needles involved), so it just seems like it would be an artistic thing.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -- Bilbo Baggins --
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:01 am    Post subject:

maddie wrote:

I like hearing this a lot. Very Happy
 Back to top »
Brenton
/fidget

Post Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:27 pm    Post subject:

They don't really have much to their selves....they just do some of the general systems better than everyone else. They're so selfless.
senseandviolets

Post Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Aw thanks Brenton. :] I'd like to add that I think Trackers even surpass artisans in their ability with some skills such as tailoring and craftsmanship. They can tripple train both (albeit they don't get our yummy profession bonus), as well as skinning and a defense which makes it easier for them to get hides from higher level critters and more quickly, and debatably thus higher profits.

I like this henna tattoo idea. I have some questions tho. Henna is a reddish brown color, will the HR equivilent also be this color, or will we have a multi-colored pallette to work with? Also I assosciate henna with abstract patterns on the hands or feet. It seems to me that we're talking more about temporary tattoos in general? These abstract designs are pretty difficult to put into words, here are my attempts:

A stylised hamora flower with wide graceful curves and thickly inked stamens. The flower's wide leaves have been filled in with many small hearts, dots and dashes. The entirity of the design covers the top of the hand and spills over onto the fingers, the leaves wraping around to partially cover the palm.

Two half tear drop shapes bookcase a design that resembles three ovals diagonally placed to reach from the thumb to the wrist. This central design has been filled in with a simple checker board pattern, while a second outline which maintains the curvature of the first has been filled in with many small circles. A third similar outline has been placed around these, and offers a striking contrast with its many short straight, and parallel lines. Each finger has been inked in almost completely, leaving bare spots of skin that look like small flowers.
HR-Arden

Post Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject:

maddie wrote:

You think so? There are so many more systems that still need to be added... but I'm glad you think Artisans are somewhat substantial as is.

I greatly appreciate all of the input, and thanks to Ms. Stilldawn for initiating the discussion.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. -- Bilbo Baggins
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I'd like to add that I think Trackers even surpass artisans in their ability with some skills such as tailoring and craftsmanship. They can tripple train both (albeit they don't get our yummy profession bonus), as well as skinning and a defense which makes it easier for them to get hides from higher level critters and more quickly, and debatably thus higher profits.

To clarify: Trackers can get hides easier for sure, but Artisans can make better quality items, with higher capacities (for containers) and better sale prices than ANYONE else. Trackers get a bonus but it is paltry compared to Artisans.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
the blue fairy
Grandmistress

Post Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject:

I think you are thinking of specifically mendi art. Henna comes in many colors and is even used in natural hair dyes. Aswell as anything you can draw you can put on your body. Its just a natural dye that lasts a certain amount of time.

I do agree thought that more simplistic patterns would be the best idea, aswell as the script idea I had, but its reallly up to Arden I was just asking for suggestions

TBF

Back to top »
the blue fairy
Grandmistress

Post Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Im sorry its Mehndi

lil more info here

The history of henna is a tough one. There are many conflicting stories about where the first henna was used. However as a plant it has been around for centuries in a variety of hot climes and continues to be used in both traditional Hindi and Muslim countries as well as in the west for a temporary alternative to a life-long permanent tattoo. Countries where henna can be found include Iran, Pakistan, Syria, Persia, Morocco, Egypt and India. The colour of the henna stain varies depending upon country of origin and the quality of plant there grown.

TBF

let me add this aswell......

Henna is a small shrub with small, dark green scented leaves. The leaves are dried and ground down into a powder which is finely sieved two or more times through a fine nylon cloth. These filtering process results in removing the coarse fibres from the powder , making what is left finer and easier to use.

I think making the artisan refine thier own product aswell would be a good idea. Have a variety of plants for different colors maybe

Also the typical type of mehndi is for religious purposes, symbols text etc.... this would make the rp'ing of beleif in certain gods more interesting

Back to top »
senseandviolets

Post Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject:

"Mehndi is the traditional art of henna painting" according to this site http://www.rupalpinto.com/mehndi/one.html

I also found this site http://www.hennapage.com/henna/

And here's a site on the hair dyes, they're all reddish: http://www.hennaforhair.com/

I'm pretty sure that henna is basically red-greenish red, tho dyes are sometimes added to it to make it more green.

But I assume from your response that the idea is to be able to let us make them multi-colored, sort of like face paint or those stick on tattoos. Thanks for the clarification. :] I have no suggestions other than the type of stuff we've already seen in game for designs.

I also like the idea of having us refine the items into the paint, but if we're going to have multi colors I would prefer that we are able to refine a base paint, and then purchase dyes to color it with.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Artisans » Henna-type tattoos
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: