FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
The Devil's in the Details
Goto page Previous  1, 2
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Crafting & Trades » The Devil's in the Details
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Durinthal
Arr!

Post Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Actually the French use a green cross for something.. pharmacies, I think.
 Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 4:36 pm    Post subject:

Wow this board took off flying, serves me right for goin out last night Wink Ok lemme respond to some of this stuff....

Quote:
Number one, I'd like to see race-specific designs.

Already been thinking on this, I'd like to give each race a little something special.

Quote:
Number two, I don't know if you've already thought of this, but you shouldn't just *get* a design. Yeah, you should get a few everytime you level and all that.. with experience comes wisdom and all that.. but you should also have to travel around to get Design A and Design B. Like.. if you wanted to depict the Titan City Arena, I don't think you'd do it justice if you just tried to do it willy-nilly without even seeing it first. Same goes for the City of Abbindolare.. I really doubt you could depict that without seeing it first.

Remember your not getting already made "designs" your getting descriptors, you will make the design up yourself. So your list could consist of "tree" "moon", etc. and you would pick and choose off that list when your deciding what to carve or whatever. Making a recognizable place I could see being an Artisian ability. Maybe they would have to go on a mini-quest and view the place to know the details well enough to carve it out so you know its Titan City Arena and not just an arena. I'll have to get with Shase about that.

Quote:
Number three, I'd really like to see a kind of teaching system for the non-racial-specific (if those'll exist instead of the the bonuses). It'd be like a drawing class .. you see there and draw the city of Abbindolare, for example, and your student(s) will copy your motions and all that. This could be done several times repetedly, and would require some form of paper/canvas/clay/stone/whatever and a tool to do the actual work (pencil, brush, chisel.. or just your hands for clay, I guess).

Interesting idea, I was thinking that you would have to learn them from an NPC, since there really isn't a teaching skill like in DR. Perhaps with enough skill you would able to teach others different patterns that you know.

Quote:
Have to learn region-specific ones by traveling around, and then there's NPCs (or other things) that can teach additional basic designs.

I like that idea, make craftsman work to get those patterns...won't make them too hard to reach Twisted Evil

Thanks for all the input on this guys, I really appreciate it. I'll post a bit later with an update.

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
Nojym

Location: Feel me breathin on your neck, then don't worry bout it.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 3:29 am    Post subject:

OK, so some important stuff now. What about the weapons. I know there's goin ta be one of ya's crafty enough ta get my coins, but I'm curious as ta what my coin is gonna be buyin. Or are weapons gonna be handled by them lifeless sorts? Ya know, the ones that say the same darned thing ever time ya see em. And ya never see em doin much but standin round waitin ta make a sell. Guess they good for sumtin, takin my coins <nod>.

Nojym
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 7:16 am    Post subject:

Counselors Morrigan and Hunter are working on Forging stuff, and Fletching will be worked out also, as well as Tanning. For your more modern weapons and armors, I'm not sure yet. I see it fairly unlikely you'll be able to make firearms or ammunition, though modifying a firearm may be possible. Creating pulse weapons or upgrading them may be possible by players. I should mention, the Artisan class will be the absolute best at making, repairing and upgrading almost anything.

On a related note, Zoz is working on droids which in and of themselves are often weapons, but they're technician only. Ashara is working on animal companions/mounts, some of which will likely have combat ability.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
HR-Hunter

Post Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 9:32 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Counselors Morrigan and Hunter are working on Forging stuff

I think you mean Morrigan and Ragnar. Though I'm sure I'll stick my nose in too, asked or not Wink
Nojym

Post Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 11:28 am    Post subject:

OK, so looks like I'm gonna have ta befriend, or at best, get to know some of the more crafty type of folk. <sneer> I hope ta see some Darju craftin stuff but not too likely. We just ain't them kinda folks.

Nojym
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Doh, yes, Ragnar. Very Happy

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Nojym

Post Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Hmmmmm. Grrrrrrr! which ever applies here. Twisted Evil Very Happy

Nojym
 Back to top »
Nojym

Post Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 2:49 pm    Post subject:

OK, collected myself and dealt with my frustration from not understanding what you were saying Trevor. So who is Ragnar? What race is he and what profession is he? Shocked

Nojym
 Back to top »
HR-Ragnar

Post Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Nojym wrote:
OK, collected myself and dealt with my frustration from not understanding what you were saying Trevor. So who is Ragnar? What race is he and what profession is he? Shocked

Nojym

I'm a Darju Tracker.

Twisted Evil
Nojym

Post Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 10:07 pm    Post subject:

So what's the proper step here now, butt our heads together or something.

Nojym
Darju Merc Twisted Evil
Nojym

Post Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Course, Trevor was responding to a different post.

*Hangs his head in frustration at himself*

Still like the idea of headbutts as a male Darju greeting Twisted Evil .

Nojym
 Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Hunter and I have gotten some of the wood carving stuff coded so we figured it was about time for an update Smile

Quick recap on the steps...first you whittle the desired object shape from a block, then you can detail or finish it depending on what you want your item to look like, finally if you just totally want to start over you can sand it or if you just like that smooth sanded look.

Also would like to mention here that there have been some changes to the detailing system...first and most important, no more lists! You will be given the opportunity to create open-ended descriptions, as long as it's not abused. Obviously, longer the description, the harder it will be to carve. This opens up a new aspect of wood carving...inscripting. Just like detailing, you will be able to carve open-ended READ messages on your items, whether its a signature or a poem is up to you. This stuff is still in the works...but we'll post an example soon.

Anyway, lets get to some example of how its gonna look...here's one of whittling...

You are holding a knife in your right hand and a wooden block in the left.

G>whittle block to ring
You whittle your block a little, but that didn't seem to help much.

G>Roundtime: 12 sec.
whittle block to ring
You begin cutting off excess wood and start forming a ring from a well-made ebony block.

G>Roundtime: 11 sec.
whittle block to ring
You shape a well-made ebony block into a crude ring-like item.

Gwhittle block to ring
You finish shaping a well-made ebony ring-like block into a crudely carved ebony ring and pop out the center to make it wearable.

G>Roundtime: 14 sec.
tap ring
You tap a well-made ebony ring.>Roundtime: 10 sec.

I started off with a finely-crafted ebony block, so I messed it up just a little Embarassed

And here's an example of sanding, this will remove all descriptions and reads as well as change the look of your item...

sand paper on ring
You sand your ring, removing all traces of earlier work.

G>Roundtime: 20 sec.
tap ring
You tap an ebony ring.

GR>sand paper on ring
You roughly sand your ring, leaving a coarse sanded texture.

tap ring
You tap a sanded ebony ring.

GR>sand paper on ring
You carefully sand your ring, leaving a smooth texture.

tap ring
You tap a smooth ebony ring.

As with many of the other steps, you don't have to sand an item smooth, you can stop after the first sand if you want.

Well, that's about it for now....

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
Nojym

Post Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 5:56 pm    Post subject:

What about cold, hard, steel. There gonna be any way to etch, design, carve into etc. Nothing would make me prouder than ta have that personalized pistol that would always be with me. Like havin my name inscribed in it or something of that nature. Just curios if there's gonna be anything like that?
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 6:14 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
What about cold, hard, steel. There gonna be any way to etch, design, carve into etc. Nothing would make me prouder than ta have that personalized pistol that would always be with me. Like havin my name inscribed in it or something of that nature. Just curios if there's gonna be anything like that?

Yes, engraving in metal will be part of metal working.

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Crafting & Trades » The Devil's in the Details
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: