FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
A look inside the courtroom...
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Bureaucrats » A look inside the courtroom...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Myst

Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 10:03 am    Post subject: A look inside the courtroom...

Here is me playing out an NPC case in court and a look at the information that will be contained in the organizers:

[The City of Abbindolare, Court Clerk's Office]
The pale yellow walls and dark stained woodwork fill this large room of the courthouse. The large windows in the south and west walls overlook the west lawn and front step of the courthouse. A long counter separates the public from the inner workings of the Clerks Office staff. Atop the entire length of the counter, a wooden cage extends from counter top to ceiling. Law Clerk Fawnaile Berntai stands behind a window in the cage. A door leads back to the lobby.

You also see a trash can.
You see no obvious exits here.

buy case

G>You purchase a new case for $1. (Note: Cases will cost much more than this.)

prepare case

G>You have successfully researched the case of Areae Eosaeeesho, an Eloai accused of making a bomb threat. You feel confident that you can argue the case before an Arbitrator. Good luck!
Roundtime: 12 sec.

(Note: I got lucky on this case. Usually it can take between 3 to 8 tries to research a case. Any player at any level will be able to successfully prepare any case they acquire. Some cases just take longer than others.)

go door

G>You enter the clerks door.

[The City of Abbindolare, Courthouse Lobby]
The walls of the lobby are painted a pale yellow, which goes nicely with the dark stained woodwork. This area is very quiet. A crystal chandelier hangs from the center of the ceiling. The few people who are carrying on a conversation, lean in to whisper to one another. A heavy-looking door leading west has the words Court Clerks Office written in black letters on the frosted glass inset. A similar door leading east has the words Law Library printed on it. A uniformed armed guard stands in front of the door leading north. The words Courtroom Proper are written on that door. A set of double doors lead out of the courthouse.

You also see some double doors, the Clerk's door, the library door and the courtroom door.

go court door

G>You enter the courtroom door.

[The City of Abbindolare, Courtroom Public Area]
An isle separates the public benches to the right and left. The seats are packed with local residents who are interested in the daily drama of the court. From here, one can see the litigants battle it out before judge and jury. Windows line both sides of the room, but function only as lighting sources as they are set too high for one to look outside. There is a modest dark-stained wooden rail that separates the public area from the judges bench and jury box. A gate allows access to the litigants area.

You also see the courtroom door and the litigant gate.

go litigant gate

G>You enter the litigant gate.

[The City of Abbindolare, Courtroom Litigants Area]
The plaintiff's podium stands to the right and the defendant's podium is to the left. The judge's bench is atop a dais with a witness stand to the right. A young court stenographer sits to the left of the bench. She is poised at a computer ready to type the dialogue of the next case. The jury box, filled with nine tense-looking peers, is to the far right of the litigants. There is a half-hidden doorway behind the judges bench. Arbitrator Marielle Adjude peers down from the bench. There is a gate that leads back to the public area.

You also see Arbitrator Marielle Adjude.

persuade case to arbitrator

G>Roundtime: 8 sec.
Arbitrator Marielle Adjude says, "Yes Adrian Mysterien I have read over the facts presented in the Eosaeeesho case."

The Arbitrator says, "I can see where you are going with your case. Please continue."

The Arbitrator says, "I can see where you are going with your case. Please continue."

The Arbitrator says, "Give me a moment to deliberate on your case, and I will inform you of my decision."

The Arbitrator studies the information contained within the case folder and reads over some of her notes.

(Note: 12-second pause to add suspense. LOL.)

The Arbitrator lifts her head and looks you in the eyes.

(Note: 3-second delay for more suspense.)

"You have proven your case beyond a reasonable doubt. You have successfully defended your client," the Arbitrator says as she slams her gavel and takes the case folder from you.
The Arbitrator records her decision in your organizer.

read organizer

G>This organizer belongs to Adrian Mysterien.
NPC Case Wins: 4
NPC Case Losses: 2
PC Case Wins: 0
PC Case Losses: 0
Total Wins: 4
Total Loses: 2
Permits Issued: 0

The average case takes about 2 to 3 minutes to prepare and argue. As I noted, you will eventually prepare every case that you get. You will also get a decision on every case that you argue. No matter how high your skills are, you will still lose a case here and there.

I'll update more later.

Myst

P.S. If you see any typos, please let me know through the board IMs.
 Back to top »
Dragoonseal

Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: A look inside the courtroom...

Just wondering, what does the G prompt stand for? (I always have the prompt stuff off in DR.)
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 1:55 pm    Post subject:

In Simu-Land I think it was if you're in a group (in Hael, that's g... lowercase), but G (uppercase) in Hael indicates to a staffer that they are in "GM mode", a special mode that makes various verbs work differently.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Durinthal
Arr!

Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 3:06 pm    Post subject:

There's not anything for a G in DR.

And the court thing looks fun.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Ah. I was misinformed then, thanks.

Back to top »
Sainji

Post Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 2:38 pm    Post subject:

I have a question for you? What's a permit for?

Regards,
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 4:01 pm    Post subject:

We've been tossing around the idea of permits that Bureaucrats can help players obtain. The permits would allow the player to set up a NPC vendor to sell things to other players for them.

As per my other post in this folder a second ago though, this is temporarily on hold.

Back to top »
Sainji

Post Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 10:59 pm    Post subject:

I thought it was for concealed weapons issued. Smile

Oh well goes to show what I know!

Comment on the description of the court room..Where is the Bailiff?

Also another question: Can players ask Bureaucrats to help them pass local laws/ordinances and law suits?

Regards,
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 11:34 pm    Post subject:

I don't have definite answers, unfortunately, but all of those sound cool in theory. Smile

Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Bureaucrats » A look inside the courtroom...
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: