Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Player Homes » Housing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:

Quote:
Also, it'd be kind of cool if (eventually) we could buy some non-fishable aquatic animals.. like those frog dealies found in the Jaddan temple. Room fluff, essentially.

Cool idea. Smile

Going along the same vein, I'd also like to see something in place that'd bring in random non-huntable creatures.. similar to the doba. Like every once in awhile you'd get a message about a chipmunk (or Haelrahvian equivolent) scurrying about.

There'd need to be something in place to make sure you don't get fifty animal messages at once -- I think one every two or so minutes would be acceptable -- if someone happened to have a lot of animal luring items/settings.

Room fluff totally rocks.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
Room fluff totally rocks.

--William

Yes, but I don't think I could handle it every two minutes if it was recycling the same 3-5 messages. They'd need to have a TON of different ones, maybe based on terrain of the 'lawn' room.

Dzynna Zol
-------------------------------------
The Retreat
--------------------------------------
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject:

or if it only happened once every 10-15 minutes.
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
or if it only happened once every 10-15 minutes.

Would still need some variation. As much as I've got Dzynna foraging - seeing the same messages repeatedly would get annoying after a while.

Dzynna Zol
The Retreat
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:15 am    Post subject:

People just seem addicted to room-spamming messages. Witness snake charms and mistsilk. Sadly, my squelch list is up to 95 lines now.
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:57 am    Post subject:

Tylen wrote:
People just seem addicted to room-spamming messages. Witness snake charms and mistsilk. Sadly, my squelch list is up to 95 lines now.

I know how you feel. I don't have room in my list anymore.

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:19 am    Post subject:

Tylen wrote:

Unless things have changed drastically since I left, there were never enough snake charms in DR to make a difference.

And mistsilk is actually kinda cool now that everyone's stuff isn't going off all at the same time every 3 minutes or so. Pets, on the other hand, still annoy the crap outta me, especially when there's a freaking zoo whereever my characters are.

But instead of squelch for things like room messages (I don't use it, as I consider it pretty anal and definitely OOC to do so...I didn't even squelch juggling in DR), I just interact (RP!) appropriately.

Dzynna has decided if she can ever get her hands on someone's pet, they will make a lovely snack. And Riwa ignores them.

Dzynna Zol
The Retreat
 Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:00 am    Post subject:

Dzynna wrote:
But instead of squelch for things like room messages (I don't use it, as I consider it pretty anal and definitely OOC to do so...I didn't even squelch juggling in DR), I just interact (RP!) appropriately.

Dzynna has decided if she can ever get her hands on someone's pet, they will make a lovely snack. And Riwa ignores them.

Well, I don't want to see the scroll from say...Zamde's bodybag. Or pet carriers. Or the vests. There's nothing to exactly interact with after the first two times. Same with the guards on the Western Trail. I forage there and that gets horribly annoying. Squelch = ignore. It's like drowning stuff out. I often don't hear/see/notice things I purposely ignore.

I don't think it's OOC at all. And nothing's anal if it allows me to notice things that really affect my character...like what another character says to him that I might have otherwise not seen in the scroll.

I also squelch periodic things as well...like during the auction I squelched anyone entering and leaving the tent. Why? Kit wouldn't have noticed it anyhow and it let me pay attention to things better. And that, really, is the point of squelch. To drown out the background noise and pay attention to real RP.

Edit: As for DR and forehead jewels and snake charms, you never played an Empath did you? I will admit, my character, when I left, was able to hunt Gargoyals by himself...not so much hunt as train there... But going into the guild was horrible... And then, to top it off, all those stupid flower charms... Now, I don't squelch things like mistsilk -- it doesn't go off anymore all the time and not everyone wears it constantly -- or things like eye twinkles because Faith set the timer on those as far back as possible. Random messaging - okay. Random messaging every two seconds? No.

Case and point...droids. Oh my eyes.

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:17 am    Post subject:

Kit wrote:
What you said here...

RP is what you make of it. Dzynna talks to the guards (a couple of times they've even talked back). Sometimes people walk in the room and see her talking and we get into a small RP. She makes crude remarks about the pets instead of just ignoring them. I've gotten RPAs in DR before from having odd interactions with creatures. So, I guess it all depends on how much effort you want to put into actually trying to RP.

Kit wrote:
Edit: As for DR and forehead jewels and snake charms, you never played an Empath did you?

You obviously don't know me or anything about me. My primary in DR was an empath, and a rather high-ranking one. Do I know about that stuff? Heck, I owned most of it, just didn't always wear it. Winged shoes, forehead gems, flower charms, snake charms, spider cloaks, etc.

Kit wrote:
Random messaging - okay. Random messaging every two seconds? No.

Case and point...droids. Oh my eyes.

Now, we finally agree.

Dzynna Zol
The Retreat
 Back to top »
zamde
Maestro

Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject:

Not wanting to watch the same fluffy message over and over again doesn't equate to poor RP, because seeing the same repeating messages DOES get annoying. Hell, I squelch my own bodybag; but it doesn't mean that Zamde's physical and mental abuse of Sway is suddenly rendered invalid.

Dixie Pierce says, "I heard Zamde can't have kids cause she lactates poison."

[Telepathy] Yaru Dex projects: I thought Zamde doesn't have kids because her womb is full of aisobs.

You can't spell "slaughter" without 'laughter'.

Llanfair Anti-Cyber Brigade Member #0000
 Back to top »
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject:

I never said snake charms were a problem. But pretty much their only function is to draw attention. I've never seen anyone use them for RP. People just love stuff that makes "noise." Half of absurd pricing is demand.

As for mistsilk, well, I really don't know how much better it is now. I can't remember the last time I saw any.
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Back on topic...

Yay for housing! I saw some on Tzon.

And the Jaddan lean-tos are great. I never really thanked you guys for all the cool stuff....so:

"THANK YOU!"

Back to top »
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I've never seen anyone use them for RP

They're quite fun to RP actually.

Anything slithering up your significant others body, can be quite a lot to RP on.
HR-Hannah

Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Kit wrote:
Back on topic...

And the Jaddan lean-tos are great. I never really thanked you guys for all the cool stuff....so:

"THANK YOU!"

Six new hovels. On the beach, somewhere. And you are welcome. It is quite fun, I speak for myself and Roselie when I say that Wink
Kit

Post Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:18 am    Post subject:

HR-Hannah wrote:
Kit wrote:
Back on topic...

"THANK YOU!"

Six new hovels. On the beach, somewhere. And you are welcome. It is quite fun, I speak for myself and Roselie when I say that Wink

Yay for hovels. My pion little characters thank you for them. I haven't yet located the new ones though...and only recently discovered the chalet...

Oh...and great touch with the Eolai caves. Such fodder to toss at them.

And one question:

Will Llanfair manor open up? It can have an apartment building/hovel type houses since they're only one room to them.

Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Player Homes » Housing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 20 of 21

Jump to: