FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Contest for Ifaiae's Inkings!
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Announcements From The Staff » Contest for Ifaiae's Inkings!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Faith
OCD Grammar Perfectionist

Post Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:14 am    Post subject: Contest for Ifaiae's Inkings!

The Eotaiseoe family, long known for their quality skin art, have decided to convert part of their secluded bungalow into workspace, and Ifaiae herself will begin offering her services to outsiders. This includes not only other Eolai outside of their family, but members of the other races as well.

Although quite skilled in the art, and very versed in Eolaish tribal patterns, they are unfamiliar with styles and preferences from other races, therefore they are requesting your help.

A submission box will be left in Cloud Court for entries. Should you feel up to the task, simply write your submission on a piece of paper and put it in the box. All entries will be appreciated, and the top entries will receive a nice reward.
=====================================================
OOC INFORMATION

Rules

1. Each person can only win once, but feel free to submit as many entries as you like.
2. Each entry must be limited to no more than 120 characters, including spaces. These tattoos will not have descriptions (look) or reads, so please, do not include any of this.
3. Do not include location of tattoo, this will be an option in the shop.
4. All submissions have the possibility of being used and become the property of Haelrahv.
5. Include your character's name with your entry.

Notes

Faith's red alteration vouchers will be handed out to the top 5 entries.
Red = 1 alteration session for 1 item. Tap, look, read and 1 verb free.

Entries will be kept anonymous when presented to the judges for voting.

Winners will be announced June 14th at 10 PM EST.
=====================================================
NEW ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (edit)

Since there has been some question regarding this, let me clarify...

I am not looking for racial tattoos. The only racial tattoos which will be offered will be for Eolai in a separate area, and those are already being worked on by GMs.
I am looking for standard tattoos which anyone could wear, (poor) examples below:

a pale yellow rose with crimson-tipped jagged thorns
a graceful eteoch stalking through a wooded glen

etc.

Hopefully that explains it a little better.

Also, deadline is June 14th at 10 AM.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -- Bilbo Baggins --
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Faith
OCD Grammar Perfectionist

Post Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: RE: Contest for Ifaiae's Inkings!

We had a lot of very nice and interesting submissions. There were 5 impartial judges, and I took the results and applied names back to them. If your submission(s) didn't make it in the top five, that doesn't mean it was bad. It only means the other submissions received more votes than yours.

There were many which, although very nice, used life from other worlds, and while we may use some of these ideas, modifying them to use the animals/plants/minerals here on Haelrahv (for example, an eteoch instead of a panther), they did not make the top votes.

There were also some which involved racial/historical markings, and these were set aside until such time as the history guru can go over them.

Now, for the winners. This was some fierce competition. We even had a couple of ties.

Fifth place was a tie.

Fifth place to Sergei Miroslav, for his submission:
The image of a dead, frozen tree with its branches raking across the face of a bright moon in the background

Fifth place also to Thorne Darkheart, for his submission:
a golden vacori with its wings spread wide

Fourth place to Lyonna Vegu, for her submission:
A butterfly with gold trimmed wings and a streamer of sparkles in its wake

Third place was a tie.

Third place to Belethe Del'Gennen, for her submissions:
a wide-eyed baby aecho with brilliant purple and pea green feathers peeking out the top of a cracked cream shell
AND
a lone woman with flowing silver hair standing beside a crystal lake bathed in moonlight

Third place also to Tao Shadowstalker, for his submission:
a thick-bodied arackus sitting in the middle of a mistsilk web

Second place to Liam Reykor, for his submissions:
A tattoo of a crashing waterfall. The foaming water forms a picture of two faces gazing at each other.
AND
A tattoo of realistic wiring protruding from the skin forming the words "Made from 50% recycled materials"

First place to Lynettia Al'Traisha, for her
submission:
A small lake with a cloaked figure levitating above it, a small glowing sphere hovers just above its hands.

Thank you all for participating.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -- Bilbo Baggins --
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Announcements From The Staff » Contest for Ifaiae's Inkings!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: