poison training
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Mercenaries » poison training
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:46 am    Post subject:

SolitaryTurnip wrote:
Seriously, though, I don't know what knowledge you're talking about.

There's a lot about the game that the players know that isn't written in the game FAQs or guides and so on.
 Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:56 am    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
There's a lot about the game that the players know that isn't written in the game FAQs or guides and so on.

Oh, I know, I just don't know what "vast knowledge that is assumed" that "isnt (sic) public" he's talking about that pertains to his question, and that someone could put up on a website for his convenience.
 Back to top »
Mischeif

Post Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject:

well considering it wasnt even directed to you, have some midol on me.

there were two seperate statements there, if you read both posts. i thought placing them in seperate quotes would make it more than painfully obvious. but it seems not for all.

i was merely asking about *and this was clearly stated in each of my posts, so no mind reading was needed* raising poison resistance, and asking if anyone knew of another way. i posted that i had figured out another way. should have ended it. but then i see my question reworded into a statement, kinda webster style, after i had already stated i figured out the ways. so rewording an answered question, then asking why i asked, after i had already made it clear that i had figured it out.

just in case you missed it through the ENTIRE thread

the vast knowledge i was referring to is

POISON RESISTANCE TRAINING

and since it appears you misread it,,,the vast knowledge wasnt assumed, the fact that i had reached my cap was.

and on the my convience topic, so you are saying you have never, in your entire time playing hr, you havent clicked on the "convient" website.

have fun *waves*

*chinese proverb - it is better to remain silent and let the world think of you as a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt*

and as much sarcasim you post with, i retrun with. Wink
 Back to top »
Sorkaa

Post Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Mischeif wrote:
and as much sarcasim you post with, i retrun with.

..but see, the Turnip's sarcasm is made more effective by his correct spelling. And I'm not just referring to the quoted error, which could clearly just be a time issue.
 Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Mischeif wrote:
well considering it wasnt even directed to you, have some midol on me

Um, okay. Yeah, you got me. I'm MENSTRUATING, so I was a jackass all up in that post. I was just trying to defend Kelasa, because it seems like you were attacking her for no good reason.

I took some Midol, to ease my cramps and bloating, but it hasn't taken effect yet, so I'm afraid I'm still going to be a jackass here. I just want to say right now that I don't even understand half of that last post. But here's what you said earlier:

Mischeif wrote:
if all this vast knowledge that is assumed, was put onto a website, then there wouldnt need to have needless posts as the thread i started. yet woe is me, the knowledge isnt public, so i must ask.

Then, you said this just now:

Mischeif wrote:
just in case you missed it through the ENTIRE thread

the vast knowledge i was referring to is

POISON RESISTANCE TRAINING

and since it appears you misread it,,,the vast knowledge wasnt assumed, the fact that i had reached my cap was.

Yeah. I guess I misread it.

The only thing was assumed that was that you had hit your cap, which I understood. What I didn't understand is how you could ask someone to put your questions up on their website (which they do in their free time, with no reward) before you even ask them. I also don't understand why you implied that the fact that there were two "seperate" statements was a concept beyond my grasp; I didn't even mention the first statement, so clearly I was able to see that distinction.

Finally...

Mischeif wrote:
and on the my convience topic, so you are saying you have never, in your entire time playing hr, you havent clicked on the "convient" website.

I'm assuming you meant convenient. I never said I hadn't visisted Kelasa's site. I also never implied that Kelasa should be spending more of her time on her website so I wouldn't have to make threads about my questions. I wish I had a wildly clever Chinese quip to end this with, but I don't. I bet they have some great ones about irony, but I'm too lazy to look them up.
 Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject:

The final word is: There IS no poison resistance "training". The only means of deliberately buffing poison resistance we've offered is via the trait; the practice of poisoning/cleaning weapons and draughting poison vials isn't anything more than a side effect of a system where you were intended to slowly build a tolerance as you were poisoned.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mischeif

Post Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:19 am    Post subject:

ok, first off, thank you mickey. as before, you answered the question that led me to the wonderful world of sshlis in the first place. dont mind turnip and myself, i call it blowing off steam. i dont take anything he has been saying personaly, as i hope he doesnt take what ive been saying personaly. its how i keep the midol company in business, self medicating. Wink i also try to keep exlax *running smoothly* in attempts to not be so anal. so yet another life supply in my locker.

i like to speak in loops and/or rhetoricaly, heck sometimes i even get lost in my own posts. makes me feel smarter than i am i guess. it appears my hypocrisy nor my SARCASM knows no boundries. but turnip, your intent was honorable, although uneeded for kelasa knows i wouldnt "attack" her. known each other to long for lil attacks here and there. yet i started off with her site, and use it today. and yes i know its a thankless job, thats why i got out of web page design and got into the even more thankless job of law enforcement Laughing

and sorkaa, thank you for the assistance, im glad a typo was caught. evil things. Twisted Evil my posts are usualy filled with them, ten to fourteen hour shifts kinda makes my spelling, as well as my personality, lack. then lets toss in atleast one domestic, one suicide threat, and countless "routine" stops a night. not a real physicaly demanding job, yet mentaly exhausting. but makes me proud to see harbrace represented. Smile but yes, it was a time issue, and wow there were a lot of typo's. just glancing over it now, found three more.

anyway, just to clear it up, yes i totaly understand the poison resistance training issue. and i hope that everyone understands i post with the intent to play or have fun. sometimes at others expense, sometimes at my own, sometimes at both, and rarely at lifes expense. so every/anyone that i offended, upset, or angered,,,,please relax, i dont drink but have a drink of your choice on me. ill sit and sip on my mt dew. lifes short, lets play Exclamation
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Drop the attitude, drop the flames, or lose your posting access. Nuff said.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Mischeif

Post Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject:

ya know, i had a nice big post made up, but i found it wasnt worth the effort.

its painfuly obvious you dont want me to post. so i wont. i lived 33 years without the boards, ill live much longer without. in response to your threat, heres my access to posting. its yours, do with as you see fit. if you chose to say no more posts for myself, might want to tell me in game. for i wont see it here.

just note this, when certain people post, it gets "missed". but when others post it gets done immediately. ie the tool to see how much time youve been logged on. odd how many others remember.

ill give you the feather in your cap and walk off. its easier this way, everyone can stay up on mount all high, and ill stay down in the valley. i cant submit to the game of becomming a pet of the click. just also note, im not the only one that has seen this cycle. how when i post its hostile, but when my question is met as such, its nothing to worry of.

ok so maybe it was worth the effort. theres much more, but i have to go report for duty.

well have fun, and 'nuff said'
 Back to top »
Tao

Post Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Soo if taking poison bites from sshliss helps build posion resistance, does this go the same with some of the other resistances? Like taking mental hits from oracle chiths, would that raise mental resistance?
HR-Hunter

Post Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject:

No, poison is special.
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:49 am    Post subject:

Must... restrain... urge... to... write... rebuttal... to... Mischeif...

Instead, I'll say this. Err... in addition, I'll say this... ugh, it doesn't sound right either way -_-. Anyway...

HR-Hunter wrote:
No, poison is special.

Haha special. Poison rides the short bus! Oh, and...

HR-Trevor wrote:
Drop the attitude, drop the flames, or lose your posting access. Nuff said.

Heh, sorry... I guess I did get carried away.
 Back to top »
Brenton
/fidget

Post Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject:

I think Tao made point really....I can see mental resistance increasing....but for some reason I think of magic as different. Like psi is just excercising your brain, but magic is....um....I don't know.
Very Happy .
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:29 am    Post subject:

Yeah, magic would be weird... I figured poison res. increased because your body built up a resistance, or something like that. Increasing mental resistance would be like you're getting smarter at keeping people out of your mind or whatever, and that would translate to more mentality.

So, what I'm trying to say here, is that mental resistance doesn't build up for the same reason that you don't gain strength for swinging your sword. Uh oh, but then the argument could be made that poison resistance shouldn't increase for that same reason, because it's like increasing your vitality. Uh oh. Danger!

Damn, I'm tired and I need a way out of this terrible argument... Ah hah!

HR-Hunter wrote:
poison is special.

*makes a graceful exit*
 Back to top »
HR-Hunter

Post Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Damn, I'm tired and I need a way out of this terrible argument... Ah hah!

HR-Hunter wrote:
poison is special.

See? And you just though it was a cop out answer. But no, really is was a well though out theory that avoids all the pitfalls involved in trying to resolve the paradoxes inheirent in trying to seamlessly merge complex and unrelated um, stuff. So there. Wink
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Mercenaries » poison training
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: