FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
So, what do you want?
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Medics » So, what do you want?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Faith
OCD Grammar Perfectionist

Post Posted: Fri May 28, 2004 8:55 am    Post subject: So, what do you want?

I'd like input from each of you on what new systems you would like, what existing systems you'd like to see modified, enhanced, or just plain fixed, and any ideas you are interested in for making the Medic profession better.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -- Bilbo Baggins --
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Brenton
/fidget

Post Posted: Fri May 28, 2004 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Huzzah! You're all mine mine mine! Err...ours. >.>

But anyways, one of the suggestions for live was to have random damaged NPC's come to the hospital sometimes, and that medics could heal them. I just wanted to put that here because I like the idea alot.

Also I was thinking, when you're healing wound, and perhaps it's very minor and you could have easily healed a wound more lethal with only one swipe of your regenerator, perhaps the roundtime should be reduced? And only have full roundtime for when wounds are not completely healed in the swipe.
Vivi

Post Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
But anyways, one of the suggestions for live was to have random damaged NPC's come to the hospital sometimes, and that medics could heal them. I just wanted to put that here because I like the idea alot.

I also like this idea a lot. With the current discussion about the proposed exp/skill system change, I believe it would actually -need- to happen if the changes were to go through. Without it, I can see the few medics there are:

A) Getting snippy with each other over patients because they need to work their medic skills.
B) People getting snippy with medics for healing them because their medic friend could use the exp. (As it is, I've noticed no one minds if a medic just starts randomly healing them.)
C) Medics being forced to hunt in order to get injured and heal themselves.

Regardless of that, within the first couple of weeks of playing, I noticed that there really wasn't all that much healing for medics who can't revive, or for reviving medics if no one is dead. At that time, I expanded this idea but hadn't posted it, so here it is.

‘Citizens’ check into the local hospital for treatment of their wounds. There can be separate ‘rooms’ for different types of treatment. IE: A minor wound clinic for scuffs/bruises (This would be a great place for new medics lvl 1-3 to be able to practice bandaging and applying dermagel/dermaplaz) A trauma clinic for more serious wounds, bleeding wounds, missing/crushed limbs.

The player would need to sign in with the receptionist and put on the list of on staff medics. Players would receive patients based on their place on the list. The list runs in order of check-in time, last player to receive a patient, etc.

>>>A young fisherman wanders into the minor wound clinic and checks in with the receptionist (We’ll call her Jane).
>>>Jane rises from her chair, walking over to you and hands you a medical chart(or whatever), gesturing to the young fisherman.
>>>You greet the young fisherman. (greet fisherman:verb-starts player involvement with injured citizen)
>>>A young fisherman says, “I banged my hand up a bit, can you take a look at it? I can’t be fishing with a sore hand.”
>>>Player heals fisherman.
>>>You shake the fisherman’s hand. (verb that ends player involvement with injured citizen.)
>>> Fisherman thanks you and pays for services with the receptionist.

When the player is done working in the clinic they would check out and then be paid for the work they did since check-in.

A mercenary or other combat oriented profession only need run out to a hunting area to work their skills with NPC critters. It isn't too far-fetched to me that a Medic should be able to work their skills on NPC patients.

Currently, I'm fairly low level and have only been playing a month, but I've already had a few bouts of feeling kind of useless as a medic. Honestly, I spend more time foraging and working with alchemy (both of which are triple-trainable but not core) than I -ever- do healing people. This isn't necessarily because it's what I -want- to be doing, but there simply isn't enough healing to go around. Perhaps I'm wrong and not seeking enough healing to perform. More experienced medics are welcome to correct me and point the way to more healing without being able to revive.

Finally, regardless of if the exp/skill system changes, I would like to see this idea implemented in some form.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject:

I'd like medics to have an easier way to transport bodies.

I know one time Yaru died, someone made a tent to take him into, but I'm guessing that's more of a special auction item than something all medics can do.
 Back to top »
Ashlyn

Post Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
‘Citizens’ check into the local hospital for treatment of their wounds. There can be separate ‘rooms’ for different types of treatment. IE: A minor wound clinic for scuffs/bruises (This would be a great place for new medics lvl 1-3 to be able to practice bandaging and applying dermagel/dermaplaz) A trauma clinic for more serious wounds, bleeding wounds, missing/crushed limbs.

Yay! I love this idea. I would even stay a medic if NPC healing was implemented. As for now I feel extremely useless.
 Back to top »
HR-Hunter

Post Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I'd like medics to have an easier way to transport bodies.

I know one time Yaru died, someone made a tent to take him into, but I'm guessing that's more of a special auction item than something all medics can do.

Yup, the tent was a raffle item. For live the idea has been brought up for ambulances, though since it'd be based off the vehicle system I think it might not be doable till live.
Tao

Post Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:02 am    Post subject:

I want to be able to really really massage body parts like the feet, calves, thighs, buttocks, etc.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:18 am    Post subject:

Tao wrote:
I want to be able to really really massage body parts like the feet, calves, thighs, buttocks, etc.

Don't forget 'happy ending'.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Medics » So, what do you want?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: