FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Seeking Staff
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Announcements From The Staff » Seeking Staff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:55 am    Post subject: Seeking Staff

We're going to resume hiring soon (it's been the better part of a year since I've done any interviews!) for some staff positions. I'd like to ask those who have applied to re-apply to ensure we have the latest info, and I'm also going to ask for a bit more specific information on your abilities.

Before I get into the below, I must mention we are only seeking persons with a minimum of 60 hours available a month, and this is a strict minimum. If you're unsure if you can meet that minimum, it would be best to apply at a later time when your schedule is more open to that commitment.

Here's what we're looking for:

Non programming / coding positions - these will allow the staff member the ability to learn and do code but code will not be the primary focus of their development. No prior coding experience required, and learning it is not required either -- you may rely on other staff to code for your areas, etc.

1. Documentation writer
Requirements: MUST have good spelling, grammar, etc. with minimal use of spell checkers and other tools. Must be able to pick up details on unfamiliar systems quickly. Duties aside from documentation will also include quality assurance / proofing areas for spelling, grammar, style.
Application: Please include one solid (3+ paragraphs) example of a documented system, such as a mini guide on foraging, medical tools, whatever... as a help file for players.

2. Area Builder
Requirements: Must have reasonably decent spelling, grammar. That is, good enough that with use of one's own ability plus spell checkers, your descriptions etc are virtually error-free. Must have a creative aptitude and be able to describe even difficult areas.
Application: Please include four room descriptions for any of the following types of settings: Forest, desert, trail/road, mine/cave/underground, swamp/marsh, city street. Try to be as descriptive as possible, with attention to many senses and avoid telling the reader how they feel/act ("You gasp in surprise as you see....")

Programmers / Coders - must have at least a minor amount of experience / exposure to programming in some form to be considered. Several positions are listed here and some encompass more than just code.

Profession Gurus
Bureaucrat Guru: Political and/or financial knowledge/history a plus but not required. Will be responsible for creating a number of politically and financially driven systems.
Medic Guru: Responsible for coding various medical procedures and tools, both common/mundane and specialized/advanced such as cosmetic surgeries. This is a very programming heavy position.
Mercenary Guru: Will be responsible for writing systems and abilities that interact heavily with combat and justice systems which will likely be written by someone else.

Application: Simply describe in as much detail as possible why you feel you'd be a good match for this guruship, and your exposure/history with programming in the past (game-related or not).

General systems programmer
Requirements: Must have a generally strong aptitude for code - the stronger the abilities/skills presented, the more likely for hire. Creativity is a plus, but less required than with other positions.
Application: Provide detailed information on current programming abilities and past experience. Code samples welcome, but not required.

Finally, and these are not coding jobs: We're always looking for skilled musicians and artists. Must have exceptional skills and provide samples of your work. For artists, we're currently only looking for those who are able to take their artwork beyond sketches / hand drawing and produce finished products through applications such as Photoshop.

We are currently not looking for events / alterer / etc staff, nor history staff but may add to history staff soon and will announce that if so. We are not looking for testers other than the above mentioned QC/proofing position that also includes documentation.

Only new applications will be considered - We have a ton on file, but it's been a long time since we received most of them.

Finally, when applying (via the form on the site), you MUST INCLUDE which position you're seeking. It's fine to say you are interested in more than one, but please include the appropriate samples for each position you're applying for. If you need to email any files (art/music for example), send them to hr-trevor@haelrahv.com.

All applicants will be required to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement and Non-Competition Agreement, as well as provide legal picture identification if hired. All applicants under the age of 18 will need a parent to sign the same agreements and provide the same ID. This is an absolute requirement for all staff.

Thanks for your interest!

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
HR-Arden

Post Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject:

And here is a link to the application in case you could not find it:

http://www.haelrahv.com/staffapplication.php

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. -- Bilbo Baggins
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Announcements From The Staff » Seeking Staff
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: