FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
A really broad topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » "Live" Discussions » A really broad topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
We'd never get any work done otherwise

Heh yeah, I figured that was the reason. It just makes me sad when I gotta whisper to explain my alteration to Papo or something like that *grins*, but that's just me being an idiot.

I think some combat tweaks would be nice. Things like decreased max balance when your legs are wounded, extreme chance to fall when you have one leg basically out of commission, things like that. I'm not sure if this currently happens, because guards usually get killed by a blow to the face before they lose a leg... if it isn't, it'd be cool, if it IS, then I like it and want to see it in "live."

I'd like a mercenary ability to do a cool killing move when someone is miserably close to death, or maybe just automatically do something special to finish off a contract. Maybe you could go on a quest to get it or something. Maybe after a certain level, you could customize it (with Counsellor approval, of course) to say what you want it to. Just for some flair.

Hey, you never said to post reasonable things we want to see in "live" *grins*.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:35 am    Post subject:

Ohh, I misunderstood. Well... not everyone is telepathic after all. Wink

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 6:06 am    Post subject:

Id also like to see more unique attacks for weapon types, instead of just slash slash slash, thrust thrust thrust. . .etc.
the blue fairy
Grandmistress

Post Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:43 am    Post subject:

I would like to see the ability to raise poison resistance by cleaning and recleaning a blade with it on it and reapplying removed. Personally I think this is just way to easy to raise your resistance. I also think that actually making it should raise resistance a certain amount, atleast that takes time and effort as apposed to turning on a script as you sit around and shoot the shit.
If you need another way to raise it then have it be by drinking it atleast then you have to wait longer for your health to go back to normal and it could possibly kill you.

Another thing I would like to see in Live is the selling of tome to the alchemist. As of right now the price you get is pathetic and being its alot harder to come by then a tome for a potion, I think you should get a substantial amount more for them.

I would also like a way to tell Hyas about those agents seen selling and giving away tomes to non agents, so that perhaps there is a small penalty to those that do, say maybe a harder time with the black market and other agently things.

Sniper rifles, poisonable items, spy like equipment, say nightvision goggles that actually give the ability of nightvision withouth the use of cyber at a very large cost of course, maybe something to make you able to listen on the next room, etc.....

anyways thats just off the top of my head

TBF

A set of breast implants fall from the sky with a soft plop.

Caretaker Jornnoj Vunn looks up at the sky.

A passing guard suddenly shits himself.
 Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:13 am    Post subject:

Quote:
say nightvision goggles that actually give the ability of nightvision withouth the use of cyber at a very large cost of course

Actually I had planned to make these along with the binoculars, but never did. So I'm pretty sure you'll see them in live Wink

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
the blue fairy
Grandmistress

Post Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:37 am    Post subject:

I have a kick ass pair now but they are just altered sunglasses with a verb so no actual nightvision ability

A set of breast implants fall from the sky with a soft plop.

Caretaker Jornnoj Vunn looks up at the sky.

A passing guard suddenly shits himself.
 Back to top »
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 3:50 am    Post subject:

Id also like to see weather and time of day assisting/hindering stealth ability. It makes sense that it would be much easier to find a hiding spot at night or in a storm than during a hot summer day with the sun in a cloudless sky.
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 10:51 am    Post subject:

Oh, speaking of stealth... is there a point where, if you have enough stealth and streetswise/tracking (compared to another guy) that you can automatically see people in hiding when you enter a room? If not, that's on my wish list for live, unless all the checks would cause too much server stress.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject:

No, there isn't. It would probably be fine but only because the number of rooms with hidden people in them is relatively low so skill checks would be rare. Consider -

EVERY TIME you move to a room with hidden people for the mover AND each hidden person check:
- Skill
- Profession bonuses / Racial bonuses
- Room bonuses
- Check magic / psi / spellsongs / alchemy / techniques / poisons / etc
- Loop thru all player worn/held inventory for bonuses
- Loop thru all ground contents for droids / etc
- Repeat most of the above for stats.

So it's a lot of calculation.. an amazing number of things, actually.

Back to top »
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:54 am    Post subject:

I'd like to see:

1. A WORKING mini-golf game, or more games like mini golf to play when I'm bored.

2. More pets!

2.1. To go along with pets, it would be cool in Performers would be able to teach their pets different tricks and abilities as well as other people's pets or something like that.
Inside an intricately beaded twilight black suede corset with hot pink lacings you see a buttery nipple, a buttery nipple, a steaming pile of gamojab poop, a speckled red crab, a chocolate chip brownie, a map of Haelrahv, a huge blonde hair ball, a severed Haidee head, and your boobs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Gunshots being loud enough to hear in adjoining rooms unless they are equipped with silencers or gas vents.
Chevonne

Post Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:24 am    Post subject:

I'm sure most or all of this has been mentioned, but I'll do it again just do cover bases, ignore whatever.

I'd like to see combat 'moves' mean more in live. As soon as I got pummel, I saw almost no reason to use any other unarmed move. I know that people who use weapons have less options. Since I don't use weapons, I can't comment on their shortcomings, but I do know about unarmed combat, which SEEMS to be the most complex combat system going. There are alot of options open to unarmed users, but once you get the 'next' move, the previous moves seem almost trivial and eye candy. I hesitate to make this suggestion becuase I'd really like to get away from 'what comes after this move?' type thing. But i would like to see some benefit to CHOOSING what move you use, no matter if you are using a blade, a gun, or a fist.

I want to state that the games and fun things to do are a definate bonus to the world of HR and i hope to see them in live. I love the fact that I can shoot people with a dart gun, stack blocks,or set up a fortune teller booth at the next fest. I love the fact that skill isn't an issue in EVERYTHING you do, and i hope that continues in live.

One thing that bothers me about other games, and bothers me about this one,too... is the fact that when you choose to change professions, you lose all prior knowledge. I just don't think an agent who decides that's not the right path for them shouldn't lose EVERYTHING they learned. Yeah, i do think alot of sacrifices should be made if someone decides to change profession, but i think there should also be a level of respect for someone who was say... an agent for 2 RL years and then decided to become a mage (or whatever) I'd like to see a portion of their prior skills retained somewhat. (hope that made sense)

I'd like to see more clearly defined roles in professions in live. I'd like to know that if the certain profession GM doesn't have as much time or inclination as another profession GM, things will still get done and be developed for that profession, whatever it may be. I think that being a game master sets you to a higher standard and you should be working as a team first and foremost for the GAME and for every profession. I hate the idea of any profession getting NO developement simply because that GM has RL issues, this is a management problem, and I'm hoping to see it addressed in this game like I haven't seen in others. I feel if a particuliar GM is having RL problems, another (or management) should take the slack... that's how i feel.

I would also like to see more gathering places. This is hard to explain, and even harder to come up with a solution, and I'm not sure why it's such a big deal to me, but HR is a small place right now, and some people are shy... I know of 2 places to go to in HR when I feel "lonely" and that's the crossroads and CC. Sometimes, those places can be intimidating (don't ask me why, they just are) I have no suggestions for this, unfortunately.

I'd also like that spells and psionic powers TELL you whether you can learn them or not when you look at the notice or placard where you learn the spells. I'd like to know right away whether I have any hope of attaining a spell without looking on a web page.

I need someone to explain to me the skill caps as well.... if I am 67 level guardian, I"m stuck with my unarmed skill at 200 until i reach 100 level, right? so from 67 level to 100 level i can never go over 200? I don't know if I'm understanding this but, it just seems like by the time 2 people are 100th level (where the cap ends) they'd be equal in whatever skill they chose....? I understand that caps are in order, but I guess I'm just not clear on this.

I do NOT want to see basic accounts and premium accounts.... this is a sore spot with me. Although I have a premium account in DR, I'd rather not have to 'go there'. I'd like to see that all players are equal in the eyes of the management, no matter how much money we pay.

Okay well.. there it is.

thanks for reading it, if you did.

-Chevonne
 Back to top »
HR-Hunter

Post Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:42 am    Post subject:

Most of the suggestions I'll leave alone until live, but I did want to make a couple comments...

Quote:
I need someone to explain to me the skill caps as well.... if I am 67 level guardian, I"m stuck with my unarmed skill at 200 until i reach 100 level, right? so from 67 level to 100 level i can never go over 200? I don't know if I'm understanding this but, it just seems like by the time 2 people are 100th level (where the cap ends) they'd be equal in whatever skill they chose....? I understand that caps are in order, but I guess I'm just not clear on this.

We came up with this exp system to avoid some of the flaws found in other systems, but unfortunately like you say, there's flaws in this one too... we're working on a compromise, here's discussion about it.

http://www.haelrahv.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=1037
http://www.haelrahv.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=1037
http://www.haelrahv.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=1038

Quote:
I do NOT want to see basic accounts and premium accounts.... this is a sore spot with me. Although I have a premium account in DR, I'd rather not have to 'go there'. I'd like to see that all players are equal in the eyes of the management, no matter how much money we pay.

We agree.
Chevonne

Post Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:02 am    Post subject:

That's right, I apologize, i totally forgot about the proposed new system which sounds AWESOME in my opion!

-Chevonne
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:32 am    Post subject:

I'll touch on the points Hunter did not.

Quote:
I'd like to see combat 'moves' mean more in live. As soon as I got pummel, I saw almost no reason to use any other unarmed move. I know that people who use weapons have less options. Since I don't use weapons, I can't comment on their shortcomings, but I do know about unarmed combat, which SEEMS to be the most complex combat system going. There are alot of options open to unarmed users, but once you get the 'next' move, the previous moves seem almost trivial and eye candy. I hesitate to make this suggestion becuase I'd really like to get away from 'what comes after this move?' type thing. But i would like to see some benefit to CHOOSING what move you use, no matter if you are using a blade, a gun, or a fist.

In reality, some moves will always be crappy moves compared to others. If not, then all moves would have to essentially be the same with minor adjustments to power and RT so that no one attack pulls ahead of others. Still, there are a number of ways in which we can spice up the use of combat attacks, and this is something I've already slated to give a good eye when combat is rewritten.

Quote:
I want to state that the games and fun things to do are a definate bonus to the world of HR and i hope to see them in live. I love the fact that I can shoot people with a dart gun, stack blocks,or set up a fortune teller booth at the next fest. I love the fact that skill isn't an issue in EVERYTHING you do, and i hope that continues in live.

We enjoy having these games too.

Quote:
One thing that bothers me about other games, and bothers me about this one,too... is the fact that when you choose to change professions, you lose all prior knowledge. I just don't think an agent who decides that's not the right path for them shouldn't lose EVERYTHING they learned. Yeah, i do think alot of sacrifices should be made if someone decides to change profession, but i think there should also be a level of respect for someone who was say... an agent for 2 RL years and then decided to become a mage (or whatever) I'd like to see a portion of their prior skills retained somewhat. (hope that made sense)

I'm not too much against letting people switch at a considerable cost, albeit one much less severe than a reroll. Especially since I really really do not want any reallocations to exist in "live" like we have had in the test game.

Quote:
I'd like to see more clearly defined roles in professions in live. I'd like to know that if the certain profession GM doesn't have as much time or inclination as another profession GM, things will still get done and be developed for that profession, whatever it may be. I think that being a game master sets you to a higher standard and you should be working as a team first and foremost for the GAME and for every profession. I hate the idea of any profession getting NO developement simply because that GM has RL issues, this is a management problem, and I'm hoping to see it addressed in this game like I haven't seen in others. I feel if a particuliar GM is having RL problems, another (or management) should take the slack... that's how i feel.

I agree on all counts, though I must point out that the more ability you have to change professions (see previous reply) the less unique that profession is going to be in the social sense. Also as for staff, don't take the test phase as much of a guide. Unless there is some major problem with doing so, if a staffer will be indisposed for a significan amount of time, I think it's reasonable to temporarily assign some of their duties to other staff members. This is something I've been less tight on in "test" though.

Quote:
I would also like to see more gathering places. This is hard to explain, and even harder to come up with a solution, and I'm not sure why it's such a big deal to me, but HR is a small place right now, and some people are shy... I know of 2 places to go to in HR when I feel "lonely" and that's the crossroads and CC. Sometimes, those places can be intimidating (don't ask me why, they just are) I have no suggestions for this, unfortunately.

This is really a social issue. Short of giving bonuses to areas, there's not a lot we can do to push people into hot spots. That helps sometimes, but we can't have crazy levels of bonuses in places just to foster hot spots, either. But a lot of this issue is just an issue of the size of the population plus the needs of that population (i.e. CC wasn't too successful as a hot spot because you can't forage or do many other things there.)

Quote:
I'd also like that spells and psionic powers TELL you whether you can learn them or not when you look at the notice or placard where you learn the spells. I'd like to know right away whether I have any hope of attaining a spell without looking on a web page.

This whole aspect of the game is being redone. MANY more spells/psi will be mage/psionic only, respectively, as well.

Quote:
thanks for reading it, if you did.

We reply often, but we read always.

Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » "Live" Discussions » A really broad topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: