FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
are we descendants?
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Human Discussions » are we descendants?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chevonne

Post Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:48 am    Post subject: are we descendants?

I read the post about the human arrival on Haelrahv, and I tried to read the posts that concern humans. Under the information for humans, it says that humans arrived on Haelrahv 300 years ago (600 earth years).

At this point, my character really doesn't have much of a personality, and I have trouble with her history because I don't think I'm clear on some things. If the humans arrived on Haelrahv 300 years ago, that would make the current humans descendants of those original humans, is that correct? The story about the human arrival, are those the ONLY humans who came? (so we'd all be descended from the humans on those 2 ships?)Or, were there already some here, too?

What was the actual time-frame that the humans on those ships were in in earth time, since that would be the only knowledge they'd bring with them to Haelrahv.

I'm just trying to get a feel for how I would have lived as a child and what I would have been taught by my human parents as well as by the native races of Haelrahv.

thanks,
-Chevonne
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:20 am    Post subject:

The timeframe the original humans "left" Earth would be roughly 75-150 years beyond our current modern time, so it was into the future a bit. The humans on Haelrahv are all descendants of those that arrived as described in the arrival story.

You, as a Human, would only have bits and pieces of knowledge of Earth, whatever has managed to survive for 600 Earth-years, which is a very long time of course. You can somewhat put it into perspective by thinking about what your common man nowadays knows about life in the year 1404. Other than historians, not much, and historians of Haelrahv have very little archaeological data to use and scant recorded history.

During the time when Humans arrived on Haelrahv, the world was still quite primitive. The arrival of the Humans and the Darju served as a technological catalyst, but there would be a dark period in their respective histories when life was very primitive and simple, and technology was nil.

As time went on, tech would improve and they would pick up this concept of "magic", which all would have helped them better maintain a history, but there would still be a period of time where there was little of that. This is all on top of the issue that you'd only have the knowledge brought to Haelrahv by the original Humans to begin with.

This gives you freedom to draw from real-world Earth knowledge to flesh out your character, but you are not locked into a typical Human role. In fact, your character may even identify more with concepts, beliefs or cultures of other races more than their own past. That's up to you.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
In fact, your character may even identify more with concepts, beliefs or cultures of other races more than their own past.

A la William and his glee with Jaddan dieties.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Downtweak

Post Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
A la William and his glee with Jaddan dieties.

Deities.

Code:
They hate me because I am the accumulation of the knowledge of Death.  That knowledge is a curse to them instead of a useful burden.

-Nef; From the Dust Returned
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Human Discussions » are we descendants?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: