Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Aiming RT
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Combat & Hunting » Aiming RT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Aiming RT

Would having the RT or wait time go down as you gained more skill in pulse (or anything else that you have to aim) make ranged weapons too overpowering? I did a quick test with a level 1 psionic... aiming took about 7-10 seconds (including RT) with (I think) 3 pulse. Then I tested with Vhen, and it took the same amount of time with 111 (133) pulse. That's measured from the time the "you begin to aim at..." shows up until "you have your best shot." Oh, and if it makes a difference, I tested on two different critters.

On a related note... as you get more pulse, does aiming become more, less, or equally beneficial? Say at 10 pulse you have a 50% chance to hit something without aiming, and a 60% chance to hit it with aiming. Now, with 100 pulse, on a different critter, say you have an 80% chance to hit without aiming. Will aiming increase it by 10 again, or only 5, or 15? I'm totally making up these numbers, but I think it kinda makes sense... Anyway, thanks for any input.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:56 am    Post subject:

It isn't desirable for us to reduce the aim times, but there are certain weapons (none pulse at this time, only marksmanship) that can be used with less aiming. Archery takes less aim too.

However, as your skill increases, the need to aim fully does descrease a bit. So indirectly skill does help some. You will always do an optimal strike at full aim but an optimal strike is not always needed and can be overkill in some cases.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Combat & Hunting » Aiming RT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: