FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Purpose of Flask
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Alchemy & Poisons » Purpose of Flask
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TravlnKnight

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:44 pm    Post subject: Purpose of Flask

Okay so a few of the steps you need to kind of guess with alchemy.

Vials are used to retrieve ingrediants cooked on the stove, or pressed with a pressing tool.

I would also guess that vials can be used to make the final potion due to the selling of the vial packs.

So where does that leave the flask? What purpose does it serve?

I had assumed that I could put all of my prepared ingreidants into the flask, mix it with the stir rod, and then pour the finished potion into a vial.

Well this worked fine until the final step. My flask turned into a red potion.
Not sure if I could have then poured it into a vial - did not think to try that. Would that have worked?

If not then what are flasks used for?

Thanks,

TravlnKnight
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject:

The vials can only contain one ingredient at a time). The flask, as you should have noticed when it turned into a red potion, is for several ingredients/vials to produce the final product (ie. a potion).

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
TravlnKnight

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject:

<<The vials can only contain one ingredient at a time). The flask, as you should have noticed when it turned into a red potion, is for several ingredients/vials to produce the final product (ie. a potion). >>

Yes that was obvious. And only a flask can be used to mix the final ingrediants for a potion. Some items just can not be put into a vial. And there is the ingredient limit you mentioned.

I understand the thoughts behind the vial pack now. Vials wear out after 7-8 uses.

But if you follow the logic of the vial packs, then it would also be logical to sell a flask pack, large and small. So that people who make multiple potions can store their flasks as neatly as they can now do with their vials.

And not have to buy multiple flasks - but just the flask pack.

Trevor any chance on this?

Also be neat to see a Potion Belt. Similiar in concept to a sword belt, and perhaps even using the same stats. But made to hold potions and keep them safe from breakage.

Thanks,

TravlnKnight
 Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject:

Well, I don't think a flask pack is as necessary, because you only need one flask per potion, whereas you need 3 vials.

Quote:
Also be neat to see a Potion Belt. Similiar in concept to a sword belt, and perhaps even using the same stats. But made to hold potions and keep them safe from breakage.

You can just buy a sword belt and put potions in it *grins*. Get it altered next time someone comes around, heh.
 Back to top »
Tao

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject:

What I never understood was when you drink a vial of <whatever> that was found inside a critter box, why and how does it change from a vial to a flask when ya done?

Tao
TravlnKnight

Post Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 3:01 am    Post subject:

<<Well, I don't think a flask pack is as necessary, because you only need one flask per potion, whereas you need 3 vials. >>

Incorrect.

Granted I have only made the first potion, but I see no reason why the procedure would be different for any of the others.

Slices will only go into the flask.

Oil can be poured from the vial into the flask. One vial used.

Same vial - now empty - can then be used for the infusion. Then again poured into the flask.

Only one vial used.

I suppose if you wanted to keep all the ingridents unmixed you could use 3 vials. But it does not *have* to be done this way.

And an empty vial can be used more than once. If I had to guess about 6-9 times before it is no longer useable.

Again if there is a need for a vial pack, I see a need for a flask pack.

TravlnKnight
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:56 am    Post subject:

There is no need for a vial pack. It's just useful (and I'm certainly not arguing that a flask pack wouldn't also be useful to some extent). People tend to make batches of ingredients though, not one at a time. Typically people will get tons of say, ivy, and make a lot of infusions... we're talking maybe dozens of vials of it at once in some cases. Many people don't even have flasks on them at this point. They get there bazillion components needed to make 50 potions ready and then go buy flasks.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
TravlnKnight

Post Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Okay that makes more sense.

Thanks Trevor.
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Alchemy & Poisons » Purpose of Flask
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: