The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Combat & Hunting » Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mischeif

Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject:

now i feel bad, i train 4 of the 5 on that list trevor Wink
 Back to top »
drainm2

Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject:

i feel bad....i train both acrobatics and athletics thinking they helped combat, heh. Acrobatics is suppose to help if you get knocked down but ive never onced hopped back up to my feet when i get dropped. Athletics evidentally only comes in handy for.... <fill in this blank>. 125 points in all that could have been spent more wisely....little late now though, heh

Quote:
[COMM[1]] "(Neifl Cacambo) - rose mageylan You don't understand, I just wanted him for sex. It's you I really love."
 Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Athletics evidentally only comes in handy for.... <fill in this blank>.

Jumping over stuff (bridge) and certain stances. Also, it helps for tackling (football). That's all I know of, though.

Quote:
125 points in all that could have been spent more wisely....

If you're counting acrobatics in with that, I'd have to disagree. Although it rarely happens, jumping back up to your feet can be a huge help.
 Back to top »
senseandviolets

Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject:

I think atheletics might help with the tag games as well? I also agree that acrobatics is worth training, I'd say I roll to my feet maybe 30% of the time, but find that usefull enough that I plan to train it until I reach something closer to a 90% sucess rate. Especialy useful when there's multiple critters in the room wacking at ya.
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Oh, oh, and this!

Code:
>flip
You gather yourself before executing two flawless forward flips in a row. Good work!
Roundtime: 7 sec.

Oh yeah! Go acrobatics! Oh, this too!

Code:
>leap rhur
You bend your knees and spring forward. You spin gracefully through the air, flipping yourself into a perfect landing.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

If engagement was important, this would be cooler.
 Back to top »
HR-Arden

Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject:

As Turnip said, the athletics skill is imporant when passing over obstacles. Not only jumping, but climbing as well, and probably others in the future. It's not a waste, in my opinion. It will come in handy for many things. One of the most important being the satisfaction of pointing and laughing at your friends as they repeatedly fall into ditches and flat on their rears.

Arden
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mischeif

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:16 am    Post subject:

i perform the same leap, yet have 0 acrobatics, but 66 athletics....so i dunno if that is acrobatics *shrugs* but have been wondering if i should train it if it helps with combat, pretty much got my answer now
 Back to top »
Mischeif

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:18 am    Post subject:

arden....
is that why ive yet to fall off the bridge in the park, but have watched others fall? kewl, i thought it was for advancing or retreating in combat...how much more there is, and how little i know,,,thanks for the info
 Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
i perform the same leap, yet have 0 acrobatics, but 66 athletics....so i dunno if that is acrobatics

Both probably help, cuz I have zero athletics but a lot of acrobatics.
 Back to top »
dragonseyes

Post Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject:

Mischeif wrote:
arden....
is that why ive yet to fall off the bridge in the park, but have watched others fall? kewl, i thought it was for advancing or retreating in combat...how much more there is, and how little i know,,,thanks for the info

Ok, color me totally embarrassed. You can LEAP off the bridge?? *Sigh* I feel like I am behind already. Also, I look at my skills, and I wonder just what is an acceptable level. When is appraisal enough. What about Craftmanship. Ecology. Even First aid. I know this is a new mud, and believe me, I have been around and this one rocks worlds. It's mega awesome, and it's not even live yet. But I don't know when I can stop training a skill, and still really be able to use what I get out of it. I am still reading, so this question may already have been answered, but as of this time, I haven't seen it. I figure Marksmanship, I train until it says I can't train it no more, and then I am uber. *I can always hope, anyway.* I am just worried that I am going to need to stop training one thing, to actually get a benefit out of another. I would like to see some guidance about where "Enough" skill is. Ecology is an easy one, when you can forage for what you need, you have enough. But what about Tactics, and Appraisal, and Security. Thank you for your time, and keep up the good work.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:26 am    Post subject:

Well...appraisal is a strange skill right now. If you have ANY skill in it, you can tell the exact level of protection armor will give, and the damage capabilities of weapons. The only thing more skill seems to do is effect your accuracy at getting the value and weight.

Tactics and Security both depend on how much you hunt I think. And if you hunt things that drop boxes for security. Tactics just became more important with all of the combat changes, though. Security you can forgo if you have an Agent friend...perhaps a Psionic with Unlock too.
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:52 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Security you can forgo if you have an Agent friend...perhaps a Psionic with Unlock too.

Ignore him. He's just trying to boast about his abilities.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Marduk

Post Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:45 am    Post subject:

Tactics, athletics, intelligence, and vitality will soon be much more important in combat.

Quote:
i noticed that the swoosh symbol was nothing but a whip in mid swing

-- Sage Francis
 Back to top »
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:00 am    Post subject:

Dante wrote:
Well...appraisal is a strange skill right now. If you have ANY skill in it, you can tell the exact level of protection armor will give, and the damage capabilities of weapons. The only thing more skill seems to do is effect your accuracy at getting the value and weight.

Tactics and Security both depend on how much you hunt I think. And if you hunt things that drop boxes for security. Tactics just became more important with all of the combat changes, though. Security you can forgo if you have an Agent friend...perhaps a Psionic with Unlock too.

Security has to do with lockpicking....though I am still having a load of problems picking chith boxes. I bought my advanced lockpicking kit and filled it with as many picks and wrenches I could.

I'm promotion 8 now...so....I have 24 in security. How good do I have to be would you say, to pop them?
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:18 am    Post subject:

With Intellect becoming more of a factor for combat, will the combat-oriented professions (Guardians, Mercenaries, Troopers) have their starting stats adjusted accordingly?

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Combat & Hunting » Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: