FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
What us trackers need.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Trackers » What us trackers need.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject:

HR-Morrigan wrote:
Quote:
Osho brought this up to me. There really is no way for us to know about the circle of stones. His and my suggestion would be when trackers hit level 18th that Kafgi tells them something about the circles, like he does when we get our stance. Also, it'd be nice if Kafgi mentioned the tracker channel when someone joined the tracker profession.

Done Very Happy

Hey Morrigan, can you add the information about the Tracker channel to level 5 also, please?

Dzynna Zol
-------------------------------------
The Retreat
--------------------------------------
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject:

I did already. I'll look at it again when I'm IG but it should be working.

Edit: Yup, just leveled with my friend Kafgi and he told me about the channel. You only get the message if you're level 5, so if you're trying and you're not level 5 that's probably why you didn't get it.

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:21 am    Post subject:

Thanks for checking Morrigan, I didn't realize you had to be 5th.
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:45 am    Post subject:

HR-Morrigan wrote:
I did already. I'll look at it again when I'm IG but it should be working.

Edit: Yup, just leveled with my friend Kafgi and he told me about the channel. You only get the message if you're level 5, so if you're trying and you're not level 5 that's probably why you didn't get it.

Thanks Morrigan!

Dzynna Zol
The Retreat
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:49 am    Post subject:

Moriath wrote:
As a Tracker that uses bow alot, I would like to be able to snipe.

What she said.

Dzynna Zol
The Retreat
 Back to top »
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:37 am    Post subject:

Some new ideas, not sure if they should all stay non-magical, just some things that came to mind. Feel free to criticize:

1. Some kind of ability to mimic the natural abilities of wild cats, providing improved agility and coordination (balance and dexterity), as well as night vision and increased stalking skill for a short period of time.

2. Decreased chance per level (or maybe ranks of archery) of breaking bolts/arrows.

3. Volley? Higher level ability of being able to shoot multiple foes at once.

4. Trailmarking? Memorizing routes through maze-like wilderness areas.

5. Snipe...please, pretty pretty please.

6. Camoflauge? Ability to blend in (become invisible) with your wilderness surroundings without RT...but if you move/speak, you are visible again.

7. Scavenge? Ability to find more money when searching a creature.

8. Compost (yes, I know there is a DR spell called this, but it has the best name)? Ability to clean a wilderness area quickly of all debris. (Like using discard over and over again, without all the damn typing).

9. Reduced load time for archery weapons as level or skill increases.

Dzynna Zol
The Retreat
 Back to top »
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:00 am    Post subject:

Quote:
6. Camoflauge? Ability to blend in (become invisible) with your wilderness surroundings without RT...but if you move/speak, you are visible again

Kafgi teaches something like this (can't recall what level I learned it) only we don't come out of hiding when we move or speak. Nor do I think we should.

I love a lot of your ideas though!!

The Tracker Chick
Brenton
/fidget

Post Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject:

These are just my opinions on things I see problems with...stuff I don't comment on I like.

Quote:

We sorta have this...it's not tracker only and it's only with a certain type of bow, the star bows fire like 5 arrows at a time. Not sure how that works but...yeah. I'm against hitting multiple targets because it's just not possible to aim at two people with one bow.

Quote:

Like special bits of wilderness that's only navigable by trackers (basically like a profession only tunnel)? Sounds neat.

Quote:
6. Camoflauge? Ability to blend in (become invisible) with your wilderness surroundings without RT...but if you move/speak, you are visible again.

Ya'll already have something like this? I didn't know about it...sounds cool if it's only in foresty areas...

Quote:

Don't see why not everyone would be able to find all the money....we already get increased cash the more you raise perception.

Quote:
8. Compost (yes, I know there is a DR spell called this, but it has the best name)? Ability to clean a wilderness area quickly of all debris. (Like using discard over and over again, without all the damn typing).

Doesn't seem very necessary...and I see alot of "oops, sorry, didn't see your amazingly powerful weapon of doom lying on the ground there."
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject:

TheTrackerChick wrote:
Quote:
6. Camoflauge? Ability to blend in (become invisible) with your wilderness surroundings without RT...but if you move/speak, you are visible again

Kafgi teaches something like this (can't recall what level I learned it) only we don't come out of hiding when we move or speak. Nor do I think we should.

I love a lot of your ideas though!!

The Tracker Chick

I was actually thinking of something a little different. That ability is for hiding and related activities, I was thinking more along the lines of a limited invisibility ability (which would keep people from searching us out), but any movement (basically any typing) on our part would knock us out. I also think it should require focus points or something to keep it from being used over and over as a means to attack repeatedly. This would be in addition to our other ability, not in exchange for.

Dzynna Zol
The Retreat
 Back to top »
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Brenton wrote:
We sorta have this...it's not tracker only and it's only with a certain type of bow, the star bows fire like 5 arrows at a time. Not sure how that works but...yeah. I'm against hitting multiple targets because it's just not possible to aim at two people with one bow.

I use a starbow (fires 5 bolts at once at one target), but that's a little different from what I was talking about. It is possible to aim and fire multiple arrows at once at separate targets, I've seen it done. I'm just unsure of if/how it would work with crossbows...anyway, it was an archery based suggestion for trackers, who should be able to continue to improve their proficiencies in archery above and beyond what other professions can do, providing they train the skill.

Brenton wrote:

Like special bits of wilderness that's only navigable by trackers (basically like a profession only tunnel)? Sounds neat.

Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of being able to memorize permanently maze-like wilderness routes (without creating maps...which I can do but I like this better), like the chith harvester/hunter/lookout area...where we can traverse it quickly. The Tracker ability Navigate is neat, but it really doesn't help (from what I've seen) in navigating these maze areas and gives a huge RT. It tells me what I already knew, I can go east, north and northwest...but which of these are the right way and which only lead back to a room I just left?

Brenton wrote:

Ya'll already have something like this? I didn't know about it...sounds cool if it's only in foresty areas...

See previous post.

Brenton wrote:

Don't see why not everyone would be able to find all the money....we already get increased cash the more you raise perception.

I was thinking of something which worked along the lines of the Lucky trait, but for limited amounts of time. This wouldn't necessarily preclude any other professions from something similar with a different name, I just thought it made sense that we would be better at scavenging in the wilderness.

Brenton wrote:

Doesn't seem very necessary...and I see alot of "oops, sorry, didn't see your amazingly powerful weapon of doom lying on the ground there."

I don't.

Even if I wasn't of the opinion that, "You set it on the ground and you lose it, it's your tough luck."...there's another reason:

Because weapons and armor are not picked up by the janitor, therefore they wouldn't be 'compostable'. It would be more for people like me who like to dump all their boxes on the ground, then pick them all, get the loot...and then I have to pick each one up and discard or go off and leave a mess...and I'm lazy. Smile

Dzynna Zol
The Retreat
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:02 am    Post subject:

Re: Volley...

I created this in MO, and I'm sure Brenton will remember that. The idea behind a volley is not that you aim and shoot once with multi arrows and hit multi targets. The idea is that you fire a bow many times in succession with essentially no real level of aiming. Therefore you could intend or not intend to multiple targets, but either way, it does boil down to at least a minimally multi-target or multi-possible attack. Accuracy, however, would be crap. It would be entirely possible all your shits hit nothing.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:13 am    Post subject:

Volley sounds like it would be fun if automatic pulse guns and machine guns came about, heh.
 Back to top »
Tao

Post Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:15 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Volley sounds like it would be fun if automatic pulse guns and machine guns came about, heh.

Nah it'd be more fun if ya toss in a ball, lotsa sand, a net and a cooler full of drinks. Heh.
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:24 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The Tracker ability Navigate is neat, but it really doesn't help (from what I've seen) in navigating these maze areas and gives a huge RT. It tells me what I already knew, I can go east, north and northwest...but which of these are the right way and which only lead back to a room I just left?

Yes, I agree with this. I haven't seen that it really helps anything, maybe it's just part of a bigger design that's being planned? I hope!

The Tracker Chick
Brenton
/fidget

Post Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, the comment I made about volley is wrong, I was thinking about it the wrong way, I blame it on sleep deprivation.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Trackers » What us trackers need.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: