FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Different Pulse Weapons
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Combat & Hunting » Different Pulse Weapons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TravlnKnight

Post Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Different Pulse Weapons

Heyo,

A few questions on the different pulse weapons available.

Okay first off is there a difference between a Pulse Handgun and an Ionic Handgun? Do they do different type of damage? I know they take different cores, and that the Pulse Core has 5000 and the Ionic Core has 7500. But other than that, how are they different?

Same question for Pulse Rife, Gridgun, and Multiphasic Rifle. They all take different cores, cores may or may not have different charges. But what does each one actually do?

What exactly does a Hybrid Core do and why do we care about it when they are more expensive? Hmm...didn't think to check the charges on it. They will not work in Gridguns from the appraisal on the weapon, so they can not work on every pulse weapon. So I do not think that is the answer. So what is up with Hybrid Cores?

Specific answers I'm looking for is do the guns give out different types of damage? Pulse is electrical, but what what type do the others give? Do any of the guns fire more than one shot with one Fire command?

And I would like to know specifically. Before I put out the cash for it please. This would be something my Character would research by asking the shop owners, going to libraries, or asking his Profession Leader about. So I hope you can let us know here.

Thanks in advance,

Just a Travln Knight
 Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject:

I think, right now, pulse, ionic, and multiphase all do the same thing. Hybrid cores are for weird, special weapons like the Entropy Rifle (I think). Gridguns fire five shots at once, everything else does one. The difference between all the weapons is either how powerful they are (usually, the more expensive, the more powerful) and whether they're one- or two-handed. You can hold two one-handed guns at once and fire them both with one FIRE command.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Here's the breakdown on pulse (some of this same info is buried in older posts too).

Standard pulse is electricity-based damage subject to standard resistances (this is significant because many modern armors are very resistant to electricity).

Ionic pulse is not dampened by armors and will pass through electrically-resistant armor easily. However, ionic tends to do lower levels of damage per shot.

Multiphase (MP) is a middle-ground technology. Higher damage than ionic, less than standard pulse. But, it suffers only partial dampening when it strikes armor.

The hybrid core is a high capacity core than may be used in either standard pulse or multiphase weapons.

Most of your pulse weapons fire a single round per shot. The gridgun and splattergun fire five. Energy rifles (Rtuzma and Xeawoa energy rifles) fire two shots. The splattergun and energy rifles are very hard to come by, to date they only appeared for a limited time (a few days) at a merchant event. The gridgun can be purchased readily.

The actual gun model does affect damage and accuracy for that weapon. Each weapon has its own unique characteristics that modify performance. Generally speaking, rifles are more powerful than pistols.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Whoa... I didn't know that, and I use pulse... I'm a slacker. Sorry, ignore the stuff that I said.

Quote:
The hybrid core is a high capacity core than may be used in either standard pulse or multiphase weapons.

Does high-capacity mean that it has more shots, or is it actually more powerful?
 Back to top »
TravlnKnight

Post Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Okay that is most helpful. Thank you Trevor.

Course that begs the question about armor.

<<Standard pulse is electricity-based damage subject to standard resistances (this is significant because many modern armors are very resistant to electricity). >>

What are examples of this Modern armor?

I have seen alot of posts about vyeftium armor blocking magic and Psi. Is vyeftium considered a modern armor in that it will block pulse (electrical) also?

How does vyeftium stand up to other armors in regards to weapon (slicing/Blunt) damage types and natural creature damage types?

Thanks,

Just a Travln Knight
 Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject:

This thread probably has the information you want: http://www.haelrahv.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=1343
 Back to top »
TravlnKnight

Post Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Yes I read that post, but unfotunately it was unclear. Especially here:

<<There are such metals in Haelrahv, kashanvana, vyeftium don't and eilaro conducts it poorly. This issue of conductivity was an oversight on my part and something I can remedy pretty easily by adjusting resists for electricity for those metals. >>

Trevor do you mean that Kashanvana and Vyeftium do not conduct Electricity? And has this oversight been fixed if that is what you mean here?

Thanks,

TravlnKnight
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject:

Modern armors are telyron, vaixaixi, vailyron, and klulza types. These are all rather good vs. electricity.

The armor works currently, electrically nonconductive metal armors provide 100% electrical resist.

And by high-capacity, I meant number of shots.

Back to top »
TravlnKnight

Post Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject:

<<Modern armors are telyron, vaixaixi, vailyron, and klulza types. These are all rather good vs. electricity. >>

That helps quite a bit thanks.

Although that still does not tell me where vyeftium falls into play. If you have vyeftium shield and armor, you are well protected from magic and psi. But how about Electricity from a pulse gun?

Is it an either or situation?

Also on another issue, I have not been able to find the [Stone Tower, Iteo Medieval] shop anywhere. If someone can clue me in on where it is I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

TravlnKnight
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Vyeftium armor and shields provide full electrical protection and partial magic and psi protection. Unfortunately, the anti-magic / anti-psi effects of that metal don't actually *do* anything right now.

We will probably ditch that property altogether in live, because it really gets complicated when you consider armor covers only part of the body, such as the head for a helmet, yet most spells are not necessarily aimed at a body part.

To further aggravate the issue, a predominant number of spells that would be considered aimed would be aimed at the head, giving that too much weight.

Then finally, how would a spell such as "Shrink" work here? You couldn't let one body part resist shrinking but not the rest.. Wink

This is all in addition to the fact that in live magic resist will be skill based instead of stat based anyway. What we may do is make metal armors of this type have a skill bonus to the magic / psi resist skills, say +2 from a certain helmet, or whatever.

To find the tower, go to the Eolai sector of town, head south.

Back to top »
TravlnKnight

Post Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Thanks again for the answers. One concern:

<<This is all in addition to the fact that in live magic resist will be skill based instead of stat based anyway. >>

So troopers that plan on being full Cyber one day, and do not train magic or psi since they will never use either worth a damn, will basically be defenseless vs. Magic or Psi?

Is this correct or are there other factors that I do not know about.

TravlnKnight
 Back to top »
HR-Hunter

Post Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
So troopers that plan on being full Cyber one day, and do not train magic or psi since they will never use either worth a damn, will basically be defenseless vs. Magic or Psi?

This was actually a concern we discussed when we came up with this thought. What we decided is that the resist skill would be able to be trained independently of the other magic skills so that anyone could train it.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Combat & Hunting » Different Pulse Weapons
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: