FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
reviewing the boards
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Mercenaries » reviewing the boards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mischeif

Post Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject:

with this latest turn of ideas,,,i can only say one word....SWAT...dont know if youll have enough time to set 30 traps Wink
 Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:40 am    Post subject:

Quote:
with this latest turn of ideas,,,i can only say one word....SWAT

Sorry bub, SWAT would be closer to Troopers.

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
Mischeif

Post Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 12:06 pm    Post subject:

then let them serve the warrants and hunt the bounties, and we will stick to the death squad. law enforcement cant be some and not all. the state police, sherriffs, and city police have swat. as does the federal levels of law enforcement. if troopers are going to be city, swat, and everything else minus bounty hunters,,,and thats what we get. then change the profession to boutny hunters. the feeling of waiting for the scraps from the table is overwhelming. i know you guru the troopers, but if we arent going to be able to have the same abilities to enforce the law outside the towns that those inside the towns have, then let the law only exist inside the towns. enforcement has to be shared on all levels, with the same abilities or you turn those who are restricted into a truant officer and not a law enforcement officer. why not just make us so we can only go after those who jump bail. without tactical training, those in the field only fill bodybags.

so what is it, troopers or mercs as law enforcement. either one does it alone, or all are equal in ability, training, and units. cant have this you do this and you do that, jurisdiction must be concurrent, and the two must be able to work as a team.
 Back to top »
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject:

yea but mercs arent just going to be going after criminals. . . .they are fighters for hire. . . maybe bodyguard duty. . . .hitmen. . . .rescue a cat from a tree. . . .whatever the client wants. . . .and mercs will get their choice of jobs im sure. . . .they can refuse if they want
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject:

First, I'd like to say there is so much up in the air right now concerning this issue that it's a little premature to get upset. Nothing is set in stone and there is much to still be discussed.

I agree that the Troopers and Mercs should work as a team when it comes to law enforcement and I certainly do not want either profession to feel slighted. The way I'd like to work the Trooper half is that they would have to register in a city. They would have jurisdiction in that city alone and would have to request a transfer to another city. Now for the Merc, maybe they would have to register with a province, which would give them jurisdiction outside of the several towns within that province. What kind of jurisdiction and how it would work, it's really too early to say, I'm just throwing ideas out here. Very Happy

Well that's all I have for now and please keep those ideas coming.

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Now for the Merc, maybe they would have to register with a province, which would give them jurisdiction outside of the several towns within that province.

Hmm... I'm guessing that there's going to be a place in every town (or just outside, or something) to register a contract for a mercenary. Maybe the mercenaries could register with a province, and then get all the contracts registered in the towns in those provinces.

I like the idea of registering and stuff, but if you have a contract on someone and they run off to another province, what would happen? Would the person have to write up a new contract in a new town, or would we be able to chase them through province lines?
 Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I like the idea of registering and stuff, but if you have a contract on someone and they run off to another province, what would happen? Would the person have to write up a new contract in a new town, or would we be able to chase them through province lines?

Good question. My idea for how it would work would be this....Each contract would have a time limit, so you could chase to a different province as long as the contract was still valid, though you'd probably have to transport the person back to the original province to turn them in if the contract so required. If the time ran out, and the person was still in the new province, then a new contract would have to be issued for that area. If you wanted to continue to pursue that person, then you'd have to register with that new province.

Well that's my two cents...

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Will there be a way to prevent someone from putting a contract out on you in multiple provinces/towns at once? Even a simple (though significant) increase each time a contract is put out on one person -- while another contract is still valid on them -- would be sufficient, I think. The reason I ask is because I'd hate to piss someone off, then suddenly find myself wanted everywhere I go.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Downtweak

Post Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Meh.

I'm assuming Troopers will have missions other than law enforcement? Or will have law enforcement missions other than hunting down criminals?

I see troopers doing things like taking out organized crime or breaking up dangerous infestations of creatures, rather than wasting time on a contract for one person (unless said person happens to have a fortress full of henchmen, which you must defeat singlehandedly before destroying his magical device which would allow him to rule the world).

Code:
They hate me because I am the accumulation of the knowledge of Death.  That knowledge is a curse to them instead of a useful burden.

-Nef; From the Dust Returned
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
(unless said person happens to have a fortress full of henchmen, which you must defeat singlehandedly before destroying his magical device which would allow him to rule the world)

You're going to have a contract out against yourself?

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Downtweak

Post Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject:

I don't have a fortress. Yet.

Code:
They hate me because I am the accumulation of the knowledge of Death.  That knowledge is a curse to them instead of a useful burden.

Back to top »
HR-Hunter

Post Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I'm assuming Troopers will have missions other than law enforcement? Or will have law enforcement missions other than hunting down criminals?

I see troopers doing things like taking out organized crime or breaking up dangerous infestations of creatures, rather than wasting time on a contract for one person

Yes, you'll have other missions, in fact wasting time on a contract for one person isn't something you'll get to do even if you want to, contracts are for mercs, remember?
Downtweak

Post Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Yes, you'll have other missions, in fact wasting time on a contract for one person isn't something you'll get to do even if you want to, contracts are for mercs, remember?

By contract I meant: Kill X person for Y reason.

Code:

Back to top »
HR-Hunter

Post Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
By contract I meant: Kill X person for Y reason.

Uh... yup, that's what I meant too.
Mischeif

Post Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:16 am    Post subject:

just a suggestion on jurisdictions,
now if you are actively pursuing someone, aka hot pursuit, then your jurisdiction goes until they are caught. by active, i dont mean, once an hour sight them. i mean right behind, and engaged in a serious attempt to apprehend them. once officers from that jurisdiction arrive, you support the effort but lose jurisdiction.

on multiple contratcts and catching them in other towns. jail them where you find them, then they will be expidited back to the town of the original crime. then if they have more crimes in other towns, once they serve their time in the first town, they are expidited to the second and so on.

must inquire on contratcts. im sure we are talking about wanted, wanted with reward, and wanted dead or alive. and on crimes im sure we are talking about different degrees of misdemeanors and felonies. only question, troops/mercs are the ""cops""....so what, crats gonna be the judges? and are we going to serve sophenias for jury to random people?

anyway, enough brainfarts for one moment, and again, m'lady death, apologies for the harsh lashing out from earlier post, we already discussed this.
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Mercenaries » reviewing the boards
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: