FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
roleplaying
Goto page Previous  1, 2
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Role-playing & Socialization » roleplaying
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:22 pm    Post subject:

Wow. So this is what I get for being away from the internet all day...

I haven't been raised by a medic, ever, so I've never come across the "whispering if you want to be raised" thing. I'd like to have it so there's no speaking at all while you're dead. Plus, Vhen doesn't talk, so he's not gonna be able to do anything if you whisper to him.

Quote:
Pardon me, but not everyone is alike and don't have to fit in the stereotypical mold of what you consider the class is for.

Agreed.

Quote:
I just wish less people designed badass characters and more designed characters with more sympathy and compassion ... traits you usually see reserved for helping the innocent or young, but rarely see for anyone else.

Also agreed. Of course, it's far easier (and for many people, more fun) to RP someone who kills people for making them angry. Plus, RPing a char like this makes me wonder if they're even RPing at all, or if they're just killing someone because something their char said made them angry IRL.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:16 pm    Post subject:

Just out of curiosity, and not like it matters if your character is the paranoid type ... but did this person indicate they prey specifically on people?

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Neat.

1:
Quote:
Guardians:

I too am dissapointed with the lack of ritous Guardians, but this as well is a personal RP choice. However, perhaps some day when the ritous breed of Guardian comes forth he will put to shame his "dishonerable," brethren. I would find it much more interesting to see two clans of Guardians form, those of the dark and the light, and the ensuing battle for power and/or respect that could ensue, than to have all Guardians fit some pre-fabricated stereotype.

I'm sure that I'm not the only Guardian you could be speaking of -- simply because I don't want to have an ego or anything -- but I'm personally staying away from the "Righteous" stuff until there are more clear distinctions between the gods (including, but not limited to, typical ceremonies/rites/rituals, preference or disdain toward sacrifices, religious myths) themselves. Until then, William will most likely remain somewhat on the boarder of OOC and IC.. sort of the typical Human, I guess.

2:
Quote:
I suppose... I just wish less people designed badass characters and more designed characters with more sympathy and compassion ... traits you usually see reserved for helping the innocent or young, but rarely see for anyone else.

You are win, Trevor, for reading my mind.

3:
Quote:
The entire vampire fiasco.

Where do I go to receive my royalty fees (yes, I'm assuming they got the entire idea from my Vampiric suggestion-post -- so much for not having an ego)?

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Josie
Everyone wants to be me!

Post Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 9:30 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I just wish less people designed badass characters and more designed characters with more sympathy and compassion ... traits you usually see reserved for helping the innocent or young, but rarely see for anyone else.

I have to say that I agree that most people in this game tend to make "badass" characters. I know that with Josie I could prolly kill most anyone I want, but I only kill when a. they have majorly pissed me off or b. if they are going after someone I don't think can defend themselves. But I also know that alot of people ARE compassionate and DO help the innocent and young. I myself have given out ALOT of money, alterations, and time helping new people find their way around. If people WANT to be "badass" that is their choice, but know that there are those out there who do help and don't feel the need to show off their skill by killing.
You forcefully swing your fluffy pillow at Trevor Rage and hit him on the rear sending feathers flying everywhere!
Your swing knocked Trevor Rage down!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 1:52 pm    Post subject:

"Min-Max happens."

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Role-playing & Socialization » roleplaying
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: