FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Asheca's History?
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Role-playing & Socialization » Asheca's History?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asheca-girlie

Post Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:29 pm    Post subject: Asheca's History?

I started writing Asheca's history...and believe me, it's not easy. i mean, i have all the ideas in my head and i know what kind of history i want her to have but it so hard to put it on paper. I've had a few people read it and they all told me that it sounded good so far. and i'd like to post it here....it would explain Asheca a lot...especially the way she acts and her personality. I would like to get some feedback on whether or not people really wanna read it. Let me know, if i get enough response i will start posting it as i go. Confused
 Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Heh sure, if you put it up here, I'll read it. I was thinking of doing the same, but I'm awful at that kind of thing, so I doubt it'll happen. However, I'm always interested in other people's backgrounds.
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Lookit what Glim sparked in the minds of the masses. Not that it's bad -- I've been working on William's history, too, and was even going to start the "Round Robin RP" topic in a few days. So, yeah.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Asheca-girlie

Post Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Okay...well, then i guess, here is what i have so far....it reads more like a book than anything.

"Get up you lazy child!"
She muttered softly as she rubed her eyes, trying to comprehend the person yelling in her ear.
"GET UP! NOW!"
She sighed softly as she opened her eyes slowly, expecting to be dazzled by the bright light of morning. The room was still dark. She went to the window and pushed aside the flimsy curtain, gazing out at the ruin around her. The light of the early sunrise made the sky glow an angry red.
"Just my luck" Asheca thought to herself. She returned to the pile of skins that she had slept on the night before...if you could call it sleep. She thought back to the dream she had been having when she was so roughly woken as she pulled on the same dirty skirt and blouse she wore everyday for work. You see, she was the oldest of about 17 children in this particular orphanage. None of the other children were her relatives but she felt responsible for all of them. Of course, if it wasn't for her, none of the other children would eat or bathe. Being the oldest her "parents" expected her to take care of the goings on around the building. She cleaned and cooked. She bathed the other children and taught them what she could, having very little schooling herself. At night she told them wonderful stories about families, and large houses by the beach, and the most important thing of all, the thing she knew the least about but craved the most, Love. The people who ran the orphanage, the people that she had been forced to call her "parents" for most of her life, were cruel and selfish. They cared only for themselves and what they could use the children that lived there to get. Every once in a while they would take a child into the next town for what they called a "viewing". Later that night they would return without the child, explaining to any of the others when they asked that they had found a family for the child and soon they would all have families. But Asheca knew the truth. It was no loving family that the child had gone to...a factory had bought them....to use as free labor to get the work done for penny-pinching money-hungry owners. It wasn't the first time she had heard their story, or seen the bundle of money later, laying on the chest of drawers of those awful people. No matter how much it hurt knowing she continued to let them believe that she had no clue. She took care of the other children and herself. She would never let them be harmed, she would never abandon them no matter how much she dreamed of running away to start a better life for herself.

She tied her hair up in a kercheif and went to the small washroom that was connected to the large room that served as a bedroom for all 17 children. she looked in the mirror and noticed that her usual lily-white complexion had greyed a bit. She stoppered the basin and pumped water into it, hoping that washing her face would bring the natural brightness back to her skin. The water was icy-cold and made her hands ache as she reached in to bring water to her face. She gasped as the water hit her face and spilled down her neck. She was definatly awake now. Taking her apron from a hook she began to run over all the chores that were to be done that day. There was the washing and the mending, the cooking of course, she needed to clean the floors in the bedroom and the windows. Most of the other children had bathed the night prior...but there were still a few that needed to be cleaned. That would have to be done that day too.

Since she was already in the washroom she began her cleaning there. She sang softly as she scrubbed the floors and the basin. Some melody that lost the words long ago. She wasn't sure where she had heard it but it seemed so familiar.
"Would you stop that horrible screeching?!" her 'mother' yelled as she walked into the doorway. "You sound like dying cat, it's making my ears bleed. Just shut up and do your work."
"Yes Mother." Asheca said quietly as she finished cleaning the washroom. She kept her head down and continued scrubbing the floor until that horrible woman left the doorway. If she saw Asheca crying there would be punishment. Crying was not allowed. Criers ended up in the darkness of the cellar. Asheca learned this long ago and did not plan on going back down there, ever.

Asheca got to her feet, wiping her face off on her apron before leaving the sparkling washroom. She went to the kitchen to begin making breakfast for everyone when she heard a faint whimpering coming from the far side of the large bedroom. Moving quickly and quietly she found where the noise was coming from. A small orphan, Eenoli, was weeping into his pillow. Asheca wiped her hands dry on her apron before taking the young boy into her arms.
"Shhhhhh," she whispered softly as she stroked his soft black hair, "it's okay little one. I'm here." She held him close to her body, rocking him as a mother rocks her infant, and hummed so softly that only he could hear it. His sobs turned shaking breaths as he started calming down.
"There there." she comforted, "Now, tell me what's wrong." He glanced up at her, his eyes red-rimmed and still wet with his tears. She gently brushed them away with her thumb and kissed his cheek.
"I...I'm never going to see my m-m-mum again, am I?" Eenoli asked her as fresh tears rolled down his cheeks. Asheca hugged him close again. What was she supposed to say?
"No dear, your parents left you here because they didn't want you."? She could never say that. The poor boy would surely die of a broken heart, as if it weren't breaking enough already.
"One can always hope love." she said to him, a soft smile on her lips as he looked up at her. "The only thing you can do is keep your hope alive, and keep going on. Make each day the best day it can be and know, no matter what happens, that I love you and want you here with me." This made him smile. He buried his face in her neck and hugged her tight, kissing her cheek.
"I love you too Asheca." he whispered softly in her ear before jumping off her lap and running to the washroom to get ready for a bright new day. A single tear rolled down her cheek as she sat on the end of Eenoli's bed. It had been so long since she had heard those words uttered to her with out something catching it up, like,
"I'm doing this because I love you...." or "I love you so I have to...." The words of the little orphan boy made her heart ache once more to leave this terrible place and set out on her own. Start the life she had always dreamed of. She wanted to be on stage, singing for people. She wanted to pour her heart out to them in song. She wanted to find herself. She shut the thought out of her mind as quickly as it came.
"These kids need me," she thought to herself, "Eenoli proved it. I'm all that they have." She stood up and made her way to the kitchen. If only she had known what would happen...
 Back to top »
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Please do post it Asheca!
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Role-playing & Socialization » Asheca's History?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: