Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
What YOU Want
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Agents » What YOU Want
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 1:51 am    Post subject:

What would be able to be hacked? Bank fraud comes to mind... maybe cyberware?

Would things like houses be able to be broken into if something like lockpicking (for things other than boxes) was released? On one hand, it would be realistic... you could have burglaries and such. On the other hand, I wouldn't like it at all *grins*. I'd like to have a safe haven to sit and drain, etc.

Also, with all this talk of piano wire, poisoned drinks and such... I'm just scared that mercs will get overshadowed by agent assassins. When a law system is made, will there be awful, terrible punishments for things like bank fraud and murder?

p.s. Wooo 10,000 posts!
 Back to top »
Downtweak

Post Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 2:05 am    Post subject:

Quote:
What would be able to be hacked?

You'd presumably be able to steal anything you can buy using credit, open any of them high-tech doors, and turn lowly drones into bloodmongering killing machines.

And if you're lucky, you'll be able to hack police computer systems to clear yourself of crimes, or to frame someone for crimes they didn't commit.

Code:
They hate me because I am the accumulation of the knowledge of Death.  That knowledge is a curse to them instead of a useful burden.

-Nef; From the Dust Returned
 Back to top »
tygerwulf
Teh Pink Assassin.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Stealthy ones

Jin wrote:
Perhaps a communication system that only works amongst agents, a particular ring of some sort?

There is, it's called a communicator, with the profession channel.
Jin

Post Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Again, sorry if mentioned something that already exists.

I gotta reemphasize, a snipe shot or some ability to remain hidden while attacking has to be at the top of the 'wish list'.

Jin of the Lexoins
 Back to top »
HR-Hunter

Post Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Actually agents and trackers are the only ones who can AIM without being pulled out of hiding.
the blue fairy
Grandmistress

Post Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Aim yes, Fire no

TBF
 Back to top »
Downtweak

Post Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Actually, what I wouldn't mind seeing is a system set up something like Snow Crash or Neuromancer, where instead of objects in cyberspace being represented as little pictures on a screen and the user being represented as a little white arrow, objects are represented as realistic 3D objects and the user interacts directly with them. (Similar to The Matrix, but without all the shitty techno music, goofy outfits, poorly disguised allusions to philosophers, and unncessary sequels. Better yet, similar to that horrible remake of Johnny Quest, without the pain boredom of crappy writing and animation.)

So instead of plugging in your laptop and typing rapidly on your keyboard while mumbling nonsensically to yourself to hack the bank systems and make a withdrawl, you would actually have to sneak into the bank, kill the guards, crack the safe, and take the money out before backup arrives (all of which would be conveniently supported by systems already coded for sneaking, killing, cracking, stealing, and fleeing). Of course, while you're doing this, your body in the real world is completely vulnerable as every sensory organ blocked out by the data coming from the Net.

While anyone could conceivable do this, Agents would have greater access to and control over software- meaning better tools, weapons, and skill bonuses while logged into the Net. They would also have access to Daemon, familiar-/droid-like software entities that can run simple tasks, perform reconaissance, or protect them.

Techs, on the other hand, would have greater control of hardware- most of which they would create themselves. This includes being able to act as a Gargoyle (since I'm already ripping off Snow Crash): the ability to stay logged into the Net indefinitely, from any place at any time, and being able to interact with the real world and the Net simultaneously. While this would require massive amounts of implants, it would allow the Tech to defend himself in the real world while logged into the Net, and use his access to the Net to get instant data and sensor readings, improving his perception and all perception-related skills.

Code:
They hate me because I am the accumulation of the knowledge of Death.  That knowledge is a curse to them instead of a useful burden.

Back to top »
the blue fairy
Grandmistress

Post Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:30 pm    Post subject:

<blink>

yeah what he said

TBF

A set of breast implants fall from the sky with a soft plop.

Caretaker Jornnoj Vunn looks up at the sky.

A passing guard suddenly shits himself.
 Back to top »
HR-Solphan
Lord of All That Is Agenty

Post Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Downtweak wrote:
Actually, what I wouldn't mind seeing is a system set up something like Snow Crash or Neuromancer, where instead of objects in cyberspace being represented as little pictures on a screen and the user being represented as a little white arrow, objects are represented as realistic 3D objects and the user interacts directly with them. (Similar to The Matrix, but without all the shitty techno music, goofy outfits, poorly disguised allusions to philosophers, and unncessary sequels. Better yet, similar to that horrible remake of Johnny Quest, without the pain boredom of crappy writing and animation.)

So instead of plugging in your laptop and typing rapidly on your keyboard while mumbling nonsensically to yourself to hack the bank systems and make a withdrawl, you would actually have to sneak into the bank, kill the guards, crack the safe, and take the money out before backup arrives (all of which would be conveniently supported by systems already coded for sneaking, killing, cracking, stealing, and fleeing). Of course, while you're doing this, your body in the real world is completely vulnerable as every sensory organ blocked out by the data coming from the Net.

While anyone could conceivable do this, Agents would have greater access to and control over software- meaning better tools, weapons, and skill bonuses while logged into the Net. They would also have access to Daemon, familiar-/droid-like software entities that can run simple tasks, perform reconaissance, or protect them.

Techs, on the other hand, would have greater control of hardware- most of which they would create themselves. This includes being able to act as a Gargoyle (since I'm already ripping off Snow Crash): the ability to stay logged into the Net indefinitely, from any place at any time, and being able to interact with the real world and the Net simultaneously. While this would require massive amounts of implants, it would allow the Tech to defend himself in the real world while logged into the Net, and use his access to the Net to get instant data and sensor readings, improving his perception and all perception-related skills.

Cool idea. I've actually been thinking along the same lines, though I'm not yet sure how viable that would be.
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:45 am    Post subject:

All that gives me the mental image of some Agent locked up in his basement (multi-room houses are win, by the way), safely hidden away from all the non-techno people. Slaying all the "cyber patrols" installed by the local bank extensions with a few well-placed eyepokes. Blowing out the firewalls with a wave of the imaginary hand. So on and so forth.

Of course, I'm without mountain dew at the moment, so I could be going out on a limb.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Downtweak

Post Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:57 am    Post subject:

Quote:
All that gives me the mental image of some Agent locked up in his basement (multi-room houses are win, by the way), safely hidden away from all the non-techno people.

A: The complexity of equipment would mean you wouldn't be able to have an uplink in your home.

B: There's no reason why another Agent (or Tech, or anyone who has the means) couldn't just log in and blow him away.

Code:

Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 2:15 am    Post subject:

Fine, thrash my dreams into the ground. I hate you, too.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Damien

Post Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:10 am    Post subject:

dont know if any of this has been mentioned, but here it goes. How about (once stealing is live, of course) the ability to slip something into someone's pockets, unnoticed. "Hey look, a cookie! Whered that come from?" Also, another method of administering poisons would be nice. Maybe a dart gun as was mentioned earlier. And of course, the ability to disguise yourself. Ill post some more if I think of any...
tygerwulf
Teh Pink Assassin.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Alrighty. I was doin some thinking the other day. (Watch out) And came up with a few things.

1) I know Stills has her lockpick thing, but I think it would be nice if we could have/create locks for our caches.

2) Also for caches: Labels, so that people can know who's cache they find.

3) Lockpick crafting

4) Gauon putty, or however you spell it. This has bothered me for a while. Everyone just keeps this stuff in their pocket and carries it with them everywhere? I think it should be made into an actual item, as well as other stuff that you need to disarm traps. I was thinking for the putty, maybe it could be made by Agents, or anyone with sufficient disarm skill.

That's all for now, but I'm going to be some major thinking on Agent stuff in the near future, and hope to have more soon.
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject:

tygerwulf wrote:
4) Gauon putty, or however you spell it. This has bothered me for a while. Everyone just keeps this stuff in their pocket and carries it with them everywhere? I think it should be made into an actual item, as well as other stuff that you need to disarm traps. I was thinking for the putty, maybe it could be made by Agents, or anyone with sufficient disarm skill.

I'm with you on the other things, but I think anything made from the sap of gaoun (a tree), would be made by Trackers.

Dzynna Zol
-------------------------------------
The Retreat
--------------------------------------
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Agents » What YOU Want
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: