FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Anything new for mercs coming up?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Mercenaries » Anything new for mercs coming up?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Oh, I didn't mean to imply that it would be restricted to Guardians. I just meant that, back when I was throwing ideas at him, he mentioned that it was something he was thinking about.

And after reading my post, I realize now that my power of the written (eh, pixilated) word is crap.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 3:38 pm    Post subject:

I'd like a sort of finishing move. Like, when something/someone is on the ground, stunned, bleeding, obvoiusly going to die, etc... you could have a blow that is always lethal (stab through the heart, shot to the head, etc.) and finish it. It'd be very professional and such.

I dunno, you could have it only be possible when someone is prone/stunned/both, and below... maybe 10% vit. And have it be a higher-level skill.
 Back to top »
Downtweak

Post Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Or just have it automatically do it when you perform an attack that would normally kill something that's already on the ground and stunned.

Code:
They hate me because I am the accumulation of the knowledge of Death.  That knowledge is a curse to them instead of a useful burden.

-Nef; From the Dust Returned
 Back to top »
Mischeif

Post Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:28 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I know what you're saying, but IMO it would take a real long time, like years

can we say matrix, plug up and download? and yet we can learn the stances in about 45 seconds.

and all this x has the corner on this, and that. i only have two questions. if im getting it right off the other topic, mercs are to be more like marshals that arrest outside the city jurisdiction or if we are hired to kill. then why dont we have ambush? and since the medics got a verb to basicaly diagnose everyone in the room, why dont we have one that kinda apps everyone in the room.
ie determine area
challenging x do you have a death wish? it would be suicide!
challenging y get ready, this should be fun since they are a suitable opponent
challenging z wouldnt you rather read a good book? isnt worth your time.

so far ive seen new agent and trooper abilities. new psi and mage spells. new verbs come out for medics. cant remember if ive seen anything for artistains. but i dont believe ive seen anythiing for mercs.
 Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 10:12 am    Post subject:

Quote:
can we say matrix, plug up and download?

People aren't just naturally plug and play, I imagine something like that would require an implant allowing you to upload certain skills and learn them quickly.

Quote:
and yet we can learn the stances in about 45 seconds.

Stances are going to be learned differently in live, it won't be so easy. The way it's set up now was just so that we could make them available sooner.

Quote:
and since the medics got a verb to basicaly diagnose everyone in the room, why dont we have one that kinda apps everyone in the room.

I stated my opinion on this idea earlier in the thread. Personally, I just can't see anyone getting a quick glance at someone and knowing how skilled they are.

Ok, back to my daily grind....

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 11:30 am    Post subject:

Quote:
so far ive seen new agent and trooper abilities. new psi and mage spells. new verbs come out for medics. cant remember if ive seen anything for artistains. but i dont believe ive seen anythiing for mercs.

That's cuz we don't have a programmer devoted to our profession (yet) like some of the other professions do. I believe we had one a while ago, but they left for reasons I'm not sure of.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Well. Merc "systems" are fairly complex in nature. Stuff like contracts which is a ton of programming work. You'll notice we really haven't given any special attacks to anyone, except Ambush for Agents who really needed something pre-poisons. Shieldbash gives a bonus for Troopers but it's definitely not Trooper only.

Several new attacks have been added in the last while and while these are not Merc only they should all be considered a boon for Mercs because Mercs are the best offensive weapon class existent.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:05 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Well. Merc "systems" are fairly complex in nature. Stuff like contracts which is a ton of programming work.

Oh, yeah, I'm not blaming anyone. I can't even begin to imagine how much work it'd be, especially if there wasn't someone entirely devoted to mercenaries doing it.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:51 pm    Post subject:

I was replying to Mischeif primarily.

Back to top »
Balerion

Post Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Merc Titles

Here is an idea I put in the suggestion box IG, but I thought some other people might have some good ideas for the system too. I think it would be great to have a way to choose titles, like the badname verb only modified. Post the title you want and the reason for it, it gets approved or revoked. Perhaps it could have something to do with the number of your created contracts. Something where we work our way up to getting our own title. Just a thought, it is something I have never before seen and always wished for. Could help with the RP element of the game as well. Please improve on this idea as it would need definate discussion and polishing.
Thanks
 Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:56 pm    Post subject:

A system like that is sort of self-defeating to the concept of working yourself up to the tiers for skill titles. All that aside, however, a working title system model would likely (rather, should) have a heavy minimum level requirement, to avoid first-level characters turning out like "Master Assassin Kzilgna Fizkof [Darju name generated at random]".

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject:

HR-Mickey wrote:
A system like that is sort of self-defeating to the concept of working yourself up to the tiers for skill titles.

Well, there are titles that make sense regardless of skill. Maybe height, age, position in society, so on.
 Back to top »
HR-Hunter

Post Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Well, there are titles that make sense regardless of skill. Maybe height, age, position in society, so on.

True, but unfortunately if we open the door to that, someone will abuse it. Not many people will choose something like "Tall" Joe Smith, but "Elite Uber Ninja" Joe Smith would end up much more likely.

I could see the possibility of custom titles, but I think it would have to be a high level perk. Once they're pretty high level, they'll already have all the high level titles in their good skills, and there will be less to have to police.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject:

I am afraid the staff just doesn't have the time available to effectively give a go on custom titles unless they had a lengthy review time turnaround. If such a thing were offered, I'd see it for high level and/or established role-playing persons.

Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:50 pm    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
I am afraid the staff just doesn't have the time available to effectively give a go on custom titles unless they had a lengthy review time turnaround. If such a thing were offered, I'd see it for high level and/or established role-playing persons.

That's really what I'd want, anyway. Smile
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Mercenaries » Anything new for mercs coming up?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: