FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Tailor and alterations?
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Crafting & Trades » Tailor and alterations?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kelasa

Post Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 3:13 pm    Post subject: Tailor and alterations?

What would be the possibility of letting people who can get skill titles in tailoring be able to do simple alterations to clothing? first skill title you can dye something to a different color or do simple embroidery, second title you can make something in a different type of material for someone and have some leeway on the designing 9somehting like a minor limit 40 tap 100 show, third skill title- major alteration within the rules.

this idea came to me when talking about tailoring then i thought of how in achaea how players do all ther alterations there, same with another Mud I played called the inquisition.

These ideas could go into a Merchant profession instead of the Bureaucrat profession, Divide the law parts down to agents and or troopers, then the broker parts to the merchant class. Merchant would have professional skills of Tailoring, crafting, Skinning (tanning?), cooking, fishing? maybe some new ones could be Metal crafting (weapons armor jewelry), persuasion, and maybe a new skill of trading. Just a couple of thoughts that blew into my mind.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Any systems for tailoring would be released just as other systems are, and crafts would be player made based on their skill. Training a skill and earning a title does not bring special privelege other than the use of that skill to do whatever that skill is meant to do.

We already have a profession for doing "alterations" as it were, within boundaries as set by new systems -- Artisans.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Kelasa

Post Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Nods okay, i was just usually skill titles as a determining ranks every 40 ranks in the skill, and i did have someone else point out the artisan thing as i was thinking of it, but i just don't see artisians doing everything, maybe things like jewelry, clothing, small crafting items, sculptures portiats etc etc, But could get other classes involved, Like mercenaries and troopers to alter weapons and metal armors, trackers to alter leather armors and tanned clothings, agents to work with marksmanship type guns, maybe even be able to alter lockpicking cases to a point based off security skills... The merchant idea i just had as i have been writing the first part of the post.

Pretty much how i see the 'alteration' question would give players many more chances to customize their characters without havign to tie up the GMs to do it. *thinks about when she and lynettia kidnapped Roselie and chained her to her tent* We really need to do that again Lynettia.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 7:38 pm    Post subject:

Just because you know how to use something doesn't mean you can build it. Wink

Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 9:08 pm    Post subject:

To clarify, if you have the skills, you can generally make whatever. There are some exceptions, but that mostly holds true. Of course Artisans usually make items of slightly better quality and they do have some options other professions don't.

Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Crafting & Trades » Tailor and alterations?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: