FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Killing. I like it.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Mercenaries » Killing. I like it.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raven

Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 2:25 pm    Post subject: Killing. I like it.

Our very own official Mercenary message board ::weeps:: The power! The ab-SO-lute power!!! Honestly ... I don't know if I can handle it.

I was so excited to see this I didn't take the time to check out the other boards, get an idea about how many people we have chomping at the bit to get in here and mash, mangle and kill kill kill. No matter, I know you're out there and, if you're not, I subscribe to Field of Dreams theory - Build it, and they will come. So what is it that I'm building?

Let's try to err on the side of caution, since nothing is official yet. I've sent what will be considered primary skills in to the the Main Man and had them approved. Of course these consist of mostly weapons and defensive skills that involve getting outta the way. Also tacked in there was the Handle Animal skill. Now what could a Mercenary possibly want with this skill, hm? Wink

Ahh, I rather like being vague. So, also discussed and forever being dreamed about by me is a bounty hunting system (NPC and PC targets alike), a capture and informant system to go along with it, those little extras that are so important such as choke holds (neck snapping, anyone?) and other all out dirty fighting tactics.

On general ideas as to what direction I'd like to take this profession, my thoughts are simple. Make it gritty, make it tough, make it fun. With the careful guidance of Boss, there will be plenty of checks and balances in place to keep this from becoming the premier snert profession, which is a great concern to me when considering the possibility of a large group of people being encouraged into CvC confrontations.

Feel free to post your suggestions and ideas here (naughty ones will be crumpled and tossed into my portable waste decimator ... or kept as momentos, depending on how amusing they are). Future Mercs, this is your world too, let's make the most glorious mess we can of it.

Death Merchant, Widow Maker, Merc From Hael,

~Raven
 Back to top »
Durinthal
Arr!

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 1:27 am    Post subject:

Any arena-like ideas planned? Maybe one could be a gladiator instead of a bounty hunter.
 Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 3:55 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Any arena-like ideas planned? Maybe one could be a gladiator instead of a bounty hunter.

Yes, an Arena is in the works for Titan City, though I'm not one of the developers so that's all I can really say on it.

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
HR-Eleanora

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:14 pm    Post subject:

We'll also have PvP combat in Terra Historia, specifically in the Old West segment, and possibly in other areas as well.

Eleanora
Nojym

Location: Feel me breathin on your neck, then don't worry bout it.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 2:03 am    Post subject:

Drooling in the shadows, rubbing my hands together nervously. Who will be my first victim?

Nojym
 Back to top »
Nojym

Post Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 2:07 am    Post subject:

How many stealthy abilities are we going to get. I mean, hearing word of agents being assasins. Nah, I don't think they have the skill to kill like we will. Maybe they should stick to what's best for them, intel. Leave the killing to the professionals.

Nojym
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 9:04 am    Post subject:

Nojym wrote:
How many stealthy abilities are we going to get. I mean, hearing word of agents being assasins. Nah, I don't think they have the skill to kill like we will. Maybe they should stick to what's best for them, intel. Leave the killing to the professionals.

Actually, I kind of view Agents as the stealthy, slaying quickly and cleanly if they need to profession. Mercs I think are the ones who will step out from around a corner as you approach, grin at you , and then proceed to put a nice hole in your chest with a pulse rifle before going to collect their pay. ::hums:: Though there's nothing to keep Mercs from learning stealthy stuff either though.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 9:10 am    Post subject:

Mercs are masters of weaponry and no other profession can do so much damage with weapons as they can. They also have some other aspects and specialities we're looking at, but they aren't notably stealthy. Agents are the elite in stealth, and Trackers would be the second in that list.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Nojym

Post Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 11:35 am    Post subject:

Mercs should get some stealth type abilities. I mean, say were hired to remove someone from existence. Don't wanna end up in the clink over, so we need ta tail em and possibly observe this someone for a few days to get that optimum kill advantage. I know we are more elite when it comes to the use of weapons, and fearless in the eye of our enemy but, that doesn't mean I'm just gonna step out in broad daylight and blast a contract in front of everyone. Then again, I might. Twisted Evil

Nojym
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 1:26 pm    Post subject:

If you're contracted by a government approved body, which Mercenaries in Hael normally would be, you don't need to be shady about it. Wink

In fact, being shady about it might even break the protocols Raven has set up for Mercs, but I'd have to defer that to her.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Nojym

Post Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 2:15 pm    Post subject:

OK, so, mercs are gonna be killers with stature. I get it. May have to rethink my whole idea for RPing a ruthless Ronin type merc. Evil or Very Mad

Nojym
HR-Phoenix

Post Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 9:03 am    Post subject:

Chocolate bullets

custard grenades

and pie lauchers

That would make quite a 'hit'

~Phoenix~
 Back to top »
Nojym

Post Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Actually, I like Phoenix's idea to a degree. Wonder if we could have something along the lines of dummy bullets or something to that affect. We could use them in situations where we don't wish to harm an individual but want to make the point that we're not someone to mess with. What would you think if you attempted to start something with someone else and they turned and pelted you with a facefull of some sort of pellets before you had a chance to get your weapon aimed. I for one would be entirely embarassed but grateful they chose not to kill me and note to never mess with that individual again.
Ohh yeah, paint guns. That would be cool.

*you see so and so begin targetting Nojym*

*you see Nojym pull out a paint gun and fire at so and so*

*a paintball explodes on so and so's chest marking his armor with a bright green paint splat*

*so and so fires at Nojym, Nojym completely dodges the bullet*

*so and so puts his pistol away and sits back down at the bar*

*Nojym snickers, puts his paintball gun away and returns to his drinking*

That could be alot of fun. Twisted Evil

Nojym
 Back to top »
HR-Hunter

Post Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Ohh yeah, paint guns. That would be cool.

Already coded and live Cool
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Mercenaries » Killing. I like it.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: