FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
what now?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Getting Started in Haelrahv » what now?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaynelle

Post Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 9:42 pm    Post subject: what now?

I just started Haelrahv. I have read alot of things about it and alot of the help, but I still have a few questions.
So far, I have hunted the asapi and skinned a few of those. I learned about the survey command and foraged some gems and things and sold those. Today, I discovered pottery and sold some of those. What I'm wondering is, are there other ways to make money too, or is this the best thing for someone so young?
Do you just level when you get enough exp automatically? Or is there someone you have to talk to?
I still haven't figured out where to get an image done? My thing says I won't lose any experience since I'm under level 4, but I'd still like to know.
Finally, I'm not sure if I understand the experience system. I think that you have a pool of experience and that when it's full, you have to rest and drain it before you can learn more? And this means that you can't go fill it with hunting and then go forage some stuff while that drains, right? You have to be not gaining any experience in anything to allow it to drain?

thanks, Jaynelle
 Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
What I'm wondering is, are there other ways to make money too, or is this the best thing for someone so young?

There are quite a few other ways, but I'm only familiar with foraging and hunting. I'm sure someone else knows a lot more about that stuff than I do.

Quote:
Do you just level when you get enough exp automatically? Or is there someone you have to talk to?

You do have to find someone to talk to, and there's a specific person, depending on your profession.

Quote:
still haven't figured out where to get an image done? My thing says I won't lose any experience since I'm under level 4, but I'd still like to know.

The imaging center is: From Cloud Court go north, southwest, through the door, the arch, the door, the curtain.

Quote:
Finally, I'm not sure if I understand the experience system. I think that you have a pool of experience and that when it's full, you have to rest and drain it before you can learn more? And this means that you can't go fill it with hunting and then go forage some stuff while that drains, right? You have to be not gaining any experience in anything to allow it to drain?

Yeah, you have a pool of experience that is always draining, and when you do something it will fill. You can fill it with hunting, and then go forage and you will gain experience. Your pool might not look like it's draining, but that's because it's draining AND you're working on filling it.

Hope that kinda helped.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 12:15 am    Post subject:

Just to clarify - You can safely keep earning experience when your pool is full, you just won't add more to the pool than it can hold. There is no penalty for continuing to gain experience.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
HR-Hunter

Post Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 12:28 am    Post subject:

In the very begining, foraging is good because there's no initial outlay of money for equipment. Once you have a bit of a nest egg built up, some other things to do to earn money are alchemy, mining, hunting, pottery, fishing, poisons, cooking, knitting, woodworking, photography, pearl diving, buying/selling commodities, and others I'm probably forgetting. Also, we're regularly adding new things.

Have fun!

Last edited by HR-Hunter on Sat Nov 29, 2003 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Brenton
/fidget

Post Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 12:31 am    Post subject:

You can sell photographs? I didn't know that!
 Back to top »
HR-Hunter

Post Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 1:47 am    Post subject:

I think so, maybe it's planned but not out yet. Arden knows.
HR-Arden

Post Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 8:40 am    Post subject:

No, you can't sell photographs yet. This is something I'm working on today.

(And I think Hunter meant fishing, not fighing) Very Happy

Arden
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Trathyn

Post Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Foraging is a very good place to start,
but there is an easy way to increase the
amount you get paid for what you forage...

Find the Alchemy Shop and purchase
a mortar, pestle and drying pouch

Use these to process the plants you forage
they will then sell for a higher price
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Just to add on that, here is the list of guilds and the people you need to talk to to advance. ASK them about LEVEL when you're ready to be promoted.

Medic - Aeki Oshifito, located on Upper Cloud Court in the Majestry Hospital, Waiting Room.

Trooper - High Guard Riley Jecuqui, wandering the streets of Llanfair.

Bureaucrat - Terevo Frampton, located on the streets of Llanfair on Rafzo Parkway, Commodity Market. (West of Ticker.)

Artisan - Laoro Yiri, located along the streets of Llanfair, Sihil Garden, behind the waterfall. (West of Cloud Court.)

Guardian - Caretaker Journoj Vunn, located in the Jaddan Sector in the Jaddan Temple, Gardens. (South after you go through the arch.)

Mage - Enchantress Krystle D'Arshon, located in Soleil Sanctuary, Headmistress' Office.

Psionic - Thinker Gunther Meyer, wandering around Soileil Sanctuary.

Mercenary - Gun Merchant Ghotra Foddul, located in Darujuan Sector on Main Street in a shop called Boomsticks.

Tracker - Kajgi Kirilu, located in Darujuan Sector, Tent City in tent called A Rustic Dwelling.

Performer - Eochae Owike, located on Upper Cloud Court. (North and Southeast of Cloud Court.)

Agent - You'll have to find him on your own, but you might want to ask the short cloaked alteri about something first.

Technician - Cyber-Tech Shavcire Wei, located in the Cyber Center, in the repair room.

Thanks to Kelasa's site for the info. http://kelasa.haelrahv.net
Inside an intricately beaded twilight black suede corset with hot pink lacings you see a buttery nipple, a buttery nipple, a steaming pile of gamojab poop, a speckled red crab, a chocolate chip brownie, a map of Haelrahv, a huge blonde hair ball, a severed Haidee head, and your boobs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
HR-Solphan
Lord of All That Is Agenty

Post Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Haidee wrote:
Agent - You'll have to find him on your own, but you might want to ask the short cloaked alteri about something first.

Inside the lockpicking shop in the mall.
Jaynelle

Post Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for all the information! This information (all of it) was exactly what I was looking for.

I have a question about combat. I used the command combat verb and got the list of commands. I know that I can change my stance from parry to dodgeing, but this doesn't have any RT, and doesn't really seem to have much affect on balance. If you become unbalance during combat, how do you re-balance yourself?

Oh yeah, and I noticed that my comm thing is losing power, even though I haven't ever used it. I assume that it drains just because it's on. How do you recharge those, or are there batteries or something to buy?

Thanks again for all the help, Jaynelle
 Back to top »
HR-Hunter

Post Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
If you become unbalance during combat, how do you re-balance yourself?

There's no active way to increase balance other then landing good attacks, this is subject to chance though.

Quote:
How do you recharge those, or are there batteries or something to buy?

Your starter comm is disposable, so just toss it once the battery dies. There is a comm shop, and the comms from there can have the batteries replaced along with a few other options.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 6:52 pm    Post subject:

In general, agility training will greatly help balance. There is a Performer spellsong to assist as well, and agility potions or psi powers will also help.

The prime key to balance is to hit and not get hit. Try to not get too fatigued or encumbered, and don't use armor you aren't trained for.

If you find yourself tired or out of balance, back off, save your hide and rest just a couple moments and you'll be fine. For fatigue, Tincture of Vigor helps a lot, or the spell Siphon Vigor (which non Mages can train) lets you steal it from an opponent.

Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 6:52 am    Post subject:

I forgot to mention something else that can assist with balance. Most Eolaish melee weapons have a bonus to strike which helps both balance and general chance to hit. Examples? Airaece (1H bladed), ifaebe (2H polearm), aefike (1H polearm). All Ishaian bows also enjoy this aspect.

Back to top »
Nelle
Ooh Nuuurse..

Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2004 7:41 am    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
I forgot to mention something else that can assist with balance. Most Eolaish melee weapons have a bonus to strike which helps both balance and general chance to hit. Examples? Airaece (1H bladed), ifaebe (2H polearm), aefike (1H polearm). All Ishaian bows also enjoy this aspect.

Is it possible to get two and double-weild the Airaece like the vibro-sabres, and if so what does that do to the balance bonus?

Coffee!
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Getting Started in Haelrahv » what now?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: