FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Live questions...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Mercenaries » Live questions...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 2:43 pm    Post subject: Live questions...

Whaa? A post in the merc board? Blasphemy!

So, how are things going to work in the Live version... is there gonna be a sort of town or building or something that us mercenaries could congregate in and such? Will the mercenaries choose their own prices, or will there be a sort of general guideline, and we can adjust it however we please? Will people come to us directly, or will they just put out a general bounty, and one of us will come to them and accept it. Or maybe either way, or something totally different? Hmm, I think I have more questions, but I can't remember them.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
is there gonna be a sort of town or building or something that us mercenaries could congregate in and such?

There will be at least a building.

Quote:
Will the mercenaries choose their own prices, or will there be a sort of general guideline, and we can adjust it however we please?

Prices will be set by a governing authority based on the objective.

Quote:
Will people come to us directly, or will they just put out a general bounty, and one of us will come to them and accept it.

Contracts will be taken by a governing authority and then doled out to Mercenaries. Mercenaries who do not adhere to whatever rules the authority has can lose their status and be denied contracts for a period of time.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 4:38 pm    Post subject:

*nods* alright, thanks.

More questions:

Will we gain experience for fulfilling contracts? I think I remember in DR that you gained no xp for duels, but I haven't noticed either way here. Do you think we'll be able to aim shots while we're hidden? And it'd be convenient for the contracts to reveal the level of the target, but sometimes nobody knows... maybe mercs could get something like MARK (from DR) that would let us see stuff about them. Like maybe the level... I'm trying to think of things that you could observe by looking at someone. Level, maybe what weapon they specialize in, maybe the profession, sometimes... Just an idea. Thanks again!
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Will we gain experience for fulfilling contracts? I think I remember in DR that you gained no xp for duels, but I haven't noticed either way here.

Yes. You also get experience from combat with other players currently, contract or not. Like critters, if the opponent is a poor match, so is the experience awarded.

Quote:
Do you think we'll be able to aim shots while we're hidden?

Trackers and Agents already have this ability. It isn't planned for Mercs. In fact, Mercs are supposed to notify someone a contract has been taken out on them and by whom, before they take a swing or fire a shot.

Quote:
And it'd be convenient for the contracts to reveal the level of the target, but sometimes nobody knows... maybe mercs could get something like MARK (from DR) that would let us see stuff about them. Like maybe the level... I'm trying to think of things that you could observe by looking at someone. Level, maybe what weapon they specialize in, maybe the profession, sometimes... Just an idea. Thanks again!

I'm not sure on this yet. You can expect to know the relative difficulty of the contract, but beyond that it's sketchy.

Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 5:40 pm    Post subject:

Oh, you have to show them before you attack. Hmm... guess I better learn psychic sight or maybe train some tracking. Alright, thanks again for the info.
 Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Ehh... sorry. Should we actually show them a contract, or would a mental link or comm be sufficient? Just let them know that you're coming for them and they should start running *grins*.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 10:40 pm    Post subject:

You don't literally have to show them the contract.

Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Alright, thanks very much. Sorry for grilling you today, Trevor. A big *thumbs up* for all the info and for checking the boards so often.

Huzzah for Trevor and the rest of the staff!
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 11:24 pm    Post subject:

No prob. Smile

Back to top »
DL

Post Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 12:36 am    Post subject:

i and hopeing and praying i read that wrong or u just made a mistake.
you are saying we have to first let our target know we are going to kill them?
That is just fuccn retarded no offense but that is as gay as dr prime.
think about it you walk into a room with me and show me a contract or tell me u are gonna kill me i am 1 going to crush u before u have a chance to kill me or 2 run like a bitch and hide.
Also i dont think we should give out our employers name unless that employer wants or says it is ok. Someone sends a merc to kill me guess what i am going to go kill them as soon as i possiably can.
I love PVP (just incase someone out there still hasnt figured it out) I think GMs have no right getting involved in IG matters. and i love the idea of a player ran justice system. But if you are going to require mercs to show people contracts and give out their employers names then u need to supply both the mercs and their employers with a big bottle of KY jelly before u bend them over and rape them.

anyways i dont mean to offen anyone here i just dont want the merc guild to become a bastard child like the thief guild has become in DR.

and for the players out there that want someone killed with out them knowing who u are feel free to contact me once i get back up to level i have never given out my employers names nor will i

teh drecus
 Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 1:12 am    Post subject:

Pfft, I don't mind telling people beforehand... adds to the chase and such.

And why have someone killed anonymously? It seems more poignant if you let them know it was you that has a problem with them. So much, in fact, that you'd hire a mercenary to deal with them.

I was only offended by the egregious misuse of the English Language in that post.
 Back to top »
HR-Hunter

Post Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 2:06 am    Post subject:

The reason for having to inform the victim, is because Mercs aren't paid assassins (agents come a little closer), they're an official function of goverment law enforcement. Of course Hael law enforcement is a bit more rough and tumble, and a little less defined then Earth law (also a lot less finished). By showing the contract/informing the victim/whatever we exactly decide, the Merc gains official sanction and protections for their actions. When there's a justice system with murder laws and the like, Mercs are not held liable for murder by contract, their employer is.
DL

Post Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:34 am    Post subject:

the point is though the main reason some one is going to hire a merc to kill another player is the employer is unable to do the job them self.
so when i walk into a room and say high i am kill to kill u for person XXX
my target runs away and kills my employer. because i can promise you anyone that hires a merc to kill me will be hunted down and dealth with as soon as possiable so not only did they waste thier money but they basicaly paid to have their ass kicked becuase i am not going to have to pay my self every time i want to smash their face in. to make sure they do not get any more funny ideas
 Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
because i can promise you anyone that hires a merc to kill me will be hunted down and dealth with as soon as possiable

I have a feeling that the IG justice system will deal with that. Or they could just hire a merc again and again until one of them gets tired of dieing.

Quote:
i just dont want the merc guild to become a bastard child like the thief guild has become in DR.

Quote:
That is just fuccn retarded no offense but that is as gay as dr prime.

And if you don't like how the system works, Drecus, just get a different profession and be a rogue assassin.

A real question: How will contracts on Mercenaries be taken out? Will a merc have to kill a fellow merc, or will someone have to resort to an assassin to have them killed?
 Back to top »
PepsiKing

Post Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Like I believe Hunter said if he didn't forgive me but anyways....Mercs aren't just hired to kill someone, think Bounty Hunters where the perp will be taken alive more often than being killed.

PK
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Mercenaries » Live questions...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: