FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Covert Gaming Operations
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Just For A Laugh ... » Covert Gaming Operations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
senseandviolets

Post Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 4:42 pm    Post subject: Covert Gaming Operations

This is a spin off from the quests thread, where Morrigan and dlnexus posted about sneaking ways to game while at work. It reminded me of my high-school days back when I was just discovering DR. As many of you know, one side-effect of these games is insane typing skills. Consequently, I quickly found myself bored in my "computer," class where our only assignments were to type our way through this tutoring program. (We had block scheduling, making the courses of considerable length). Having nothing to do, and a computer infront of me, my next natural move was to fire up the good old java client. Eventually my teacher (whose name I can't remeber, yet still hear that awful sound track he would play every day which included a rap rendition of that "elephant walk" ditty -shudder-) noticed. I was surprised to find that he wasn't upset, and even gave me the goahead to do whatever it was that I was doing. He even brought some other teachers in to show them the impressive looking black and white scroll which they couldn't make any sense of. ;]

Any other stories out there?
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 5:01 pm    Post subject:

When I was in HS I <surprise surprise> made text based games. I put them on the network, which consisted of old IBM ps/2's running MS-DOS 3.0 or so on a Novell network.

I'll never forget this one girl who came to my Geometry class and managed to get the teacher to excuse me. I got out to the hall with her to see what she wanted and she was asking for hints on how to get past part of the game. Heh.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Just For A Laugh ... » Covert Gaming Operations
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: