Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Photon Rays
Goto page 1, 2  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Artisans » Photon Rays
View previous topic :: View next topic  
senseandviolets

Post Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 12:39 am    Post subject: Photon Rays

I was just wondering what skills photography uses. And also before I make the purchase I'm wondering if we can take pictures of objects, and rooms, or just people? Also what's the maximum number of people and/or objects per picture? And one more, do any of the cameras have settings for black and white? Any sort of outlining of what these do would be very informative to me!

Thanks for the release,

~Layne
HR-Arden

Post Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 1:14 am    Post subject:

The system hasn't been fully released yet. Right now, they're pretty much just toys. Stats will soon be involved (perception and a bit of mentality, and of course a bonus for Artisans).

You can take pictures of people, rooms, and objects.

Future plans:

- Show people and objects in photographs of rooms.
    - Black and white, and toning photographs (sepia, etc.)
    - Zoom lenses (take pictures of adjacent rooms).
    - Adding picture frames to pottery.
    - Photo albums.
    - Photographing the sky.
    - A display on the camera indicating # of photos left/taken and status of flash.

I'm staying away from including the more technical aspects of photography (reciprocity, shutter speed, aperture), because it would probably take away from the fun of it. Suggestions?

Penguin Funk,

Arden
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Josie
Everyone wants to be me!

Post Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Photo albums would be AWESOME as i have about 20 pictures in my vault at the moment *grin*
You forcefully swing your fluffy pillow at Trevor Rage and hit him on the rear sending feathers flying everywhere!
Your swing knocked Trevor Rage down!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Back to top »
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 5:48 pm    Post subject:

More memory on camera chips. 5 pictures just doesn't cut it for a photo-fiend like me. Wink Will there be other types of cameras as well instead of just digital...like SLR?

I just started taking my first photography class this year and I'm totally obsessed with the whole picture taking world. Smile
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
senseandviolets

Post Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Zoom lenses (take pictures of adjacent rooms).

Could the zoom option also be applied to particular objects, such that along with photograhing the object you also get the "look,"? I would find this option particularly intersting if some objects contained "looks" that could only be seen in this way (or through some other artisitc medium such as painting).

For example,

>get apple
>put apple on table
>look apple
>You see nothing unusual about the apple.
>zoom apple
>take picture (I don't know the actual command for this)

Now, it would make sense for the apple to appear differnt in different lightings, such as natural lighting outside morning, noon, and night, as well as different forms of artifical lighitng indoors. While these variations would be super fun in my opinion I imagine it would not be practical to write so many "hidden looks" for a number of objects. Still, I think having one would do justice to the 'artistic' eye, or perhaps variations on the one depending on either number skill, or rp skill (placing the right object under the right lighting conditions).

>look photo (for example outside during late morning)
>You see a photograph of an apple casting a slanted shadow upon a table, the apple, not quite fully ripe shows shadings of green near its top which shine under the sun and gradually blend into deeper shades of red finally appearing burgundy beneath its own shadow.

>look photo (same conditions, less skill/ or wrong conditions)
>You see a photograph of an apple upon a table, the apple is not quite fully ripe and the different shadings of red and green create a pleasing effect.

>look photo (again, same conditions even less skill/ or even worse conditons)
>You see a photograph of a nearly ripe apple upon a table.

Viable option?
HR-Arden

Post Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Could the zoom option also be applied to particular objects, such that along with photograhing the object you also get the "look,"? I would find this option particularly intersting if some objects contained "looks" that could only be seen in this way (or through some other artisitc medium such as painting).

Thanks for your thoughts. The concept is very interesting, and I've given it a lot of thought. While it's not practical for all or even many objects to have this special look, I would like to do something with this in the future for certain unique objects. Obviously, it will be up to you to experiment and try to find them. It likely won't be in effect until the full release, but you can expect it.

Arden
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Arden

Post Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Haidee wrote:
More memory on camera chips. 5 pictures just doesn't cut it for a photo-fiend like me. Wink Will there be other types of cameras as well instead of just digital...like SLR?

The capacity of memory chips will likely remain as it is for now, mainly to cut back on clutter.

As far as SLR cameras go, I am considering keeping digital cameras the way they are -- with very little control over the actual picture, and skills univolved. Instead, I'd make the SLR camera require skill to use, but also add more options such as zoom, and varied qualities of the actual photographs (for selling purposes). This could also mean having to develop your photos in a dark room using the chemical process. Which could either be fun or a pain in the ass.

What do you think?

Arden
 Back to top »
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:44 pm    Post subject:

I don't know, I think developing them would be fun. I mean, it's just like having to make pottery or forage for ingredients in potions. It's just an extra step to the process to let you earn more money.
Inside an intricately beaded twilight black suede corset with hot pink lacings you see a buttery nipple, a buttery nipple, a steaming pile of gamojab poop, a speckled red crab, a chocolate chip brownie, a map of Haelrahv, a huge blonde hair ball, a severed Haidee head, and your boobs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
HR-Arden

Post Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:44 am    Post subject:

You can now look at your camera to see if the flash is on or off, and how many pictures are remaining. Also, photographs of areas (PHOTOGRAPH AREA) will now show objects and people in that room.

See the pottery thread for a list of frames you can make.

Next, I'll tackle the photo albums. Not literally. Well, you never know.

Arden
 Back to top »
HR-Arden

Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Another upgrade to cameras...

You can ZOOM your camera. It will effect your pictures as follows:

Rooms - Unzoomed, your camera will photograph just the room description. When you zoom in, the photograph will show the room description, items in the room, and people in the room.

People - Unzoomed, your camera will photograph a brief description of the subject's appearance and mood. Zoomed, the photograph will also include anything they may be holding or wearing.

Objects - Some objects may have special secondary descriptions that you will only be able to see if you take a photograph of it with your lens zoomed in. Currently, there are no objects that have a special description, but this will change within the next few days.

The display when LOOKing at the camera also now includes the status of the lens.

Arden
 Back to top »
senseandviolets

Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:11 pm    Post subject:

*jubilates*

Thanks Arden!

I was just wondering if taking photo's gives exp? (still saving up for that camera) Also, are there plans for an art gallery to sell these to?
HR-Arden

Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:16 pm    Post subject:

You will get experience once the skills are implemented (I'm hoping to get to that today or tomorrow). After that, the photos will actually be worth something, so there will be places to sell them. Smile

Arden
 Back to top »
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 5:49 pm    Post subject:

O.o Yay! Thanks Arden!
Inside an intricately beaded twilight black suede corset with hot pink lacings you see a buttery nipple, a buttery nipple, a steaming pile of gamojab poop, a speckled red crab, a chocolate chip brownie, a map of Haelrahv, a huge blonde hair ball, a severed Haidee head, and your boobs.
 Back to top »
Brenton
/fidget

Post Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 9:05 pm    Post subject:

I suggest letting people to have a pose...like you know the verbs that change they way you are standing or sitting, such as when you slouch, or when you fold your arms across your chest, or stretching on the ground.

You could do POSE STRETCH, and if someone took a picture of you it would have you in the stretching position.
 Back to top »
Brenton
/fidget

Post Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
You flick a switch on your camera and hear a high-pitched whir as the flash powers up.
>go kio
You enter a photo kiosk.

[A Digital Photo Kiosk]
The kiosk serves as a place to print your photographs from your digital memory chips.

You also see a small slot, a green button and a plastic bin.
Also here is Summoner Josie Laurens.
You notice an exit leading out.
>photo josie
You snap a photograph, but realize that your flash didn't go off!
Roundtime: 8 sec.
>blink
You blink.
>
Josie Laurens inserts her memory chip into the slot. A feminine robotic voice says, "Welcome to the Digital Photo Kiosk! Please push the green button to continue."
Josie Laurens says, "Turn your camera."
>'I did
You say, "I did."
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Artisans » Photon Rays
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: