FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Bow Carving
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Crafting & Trades » Bow Carving
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Does that mean that Artisans can't make decent weapons if they've trained the weapon skill? Or that only Mercenaries will be the best at making pulse weapons?

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I've always wondered why trackers or mercs couldn't make them a little better, but that's the way the powers that be have designed it thus far. No archery needed at all, and I suppose if/when making other weapons comes out, it'll be that way also. Coordination and craftsmanship are definitely highly involved in making bows and arrows, and that makes sense to me. It's just the archery part that doesn't.

Anyway just my personal quandaries. Smile

I had thought that by just training in archery (or whatever weapon) that we wouldn't need as much craftsmanship to make the weapons. So oops! That isn't the way it works at all. I could train just craftmanship skill and of course the stats that are involved also and make better bows than someone training in archery fully and just a little in craftsmanship (for instance). That's good to find out now, before we go to the new skill system and partly some of the point of I why I was posting. To get a bit of an update on things. Inquiring minds wanted to know!

Last edited by TheTrackerChick on Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Good job at measuring future systems by a year-old one!

Bonus points.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject:

HR-Mickey wrote:
Does that mean that Artisans can't make decent weapons if they've trained the weapon skill? Or that only Mercenaries will be the best at making pulse weapons?

Troopers and techs get the best pulse bonuses. Not mercs. And I don't think a trooper should be able to mix the energy cells. Sounds like it'd be a gadget...one that could cause mass explosions!

And yes, if artisans rock at a weapon, they should make awesome ones. But bows should be best made by a tracker. And bladed weapons by a merc.

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kit

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
Good job at measuring future systems by a year-old one!

Bonus points.

--William

This is where you have to ask yourself if you could have worded that a little better and made it sound less snarky. Constructive posts = helpful! Mean spirited posts, even directed at other people and not myself = unneeded.

Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Troopers and techs get the best pulse bonuses. Not mercs. And I don't think a trooper should be able to mix the energy cells. Sounds like it'd be a gadget...one that could cause mass explosions!

Troopers don't get bonuses to pulse weapons. Seriously, I'm not making it up. And rationalizing something for your own profession just because you want it doesn't instantly default it as a feasible concept.

Quote:
And bladed weapons by a merc.

Mercenaries get inherent bonuses for every weapon. Including pulse weapons.

---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
 Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject:

HR-Mickey wrote:
Quote:

Troopers don't get bonuses to pulse weapons. Seriously, I'm not making it up. And rationalizing something for your own profession just because you want it doesn't instantly default it as a feasible concept.

Troopers do get something for pulse. I'm almost POSSITIVE that they have the same bonus to pulse that techs do. Morrigan is even making trooper only pulse weapons because they get the bonus. Troopers ALSO have pulse as a core skill which means they get profession bonuses to it too.

And Drake actually brought up making pulse cores at the tech meeting several months ago. Or someone else did and he liked the idea. Who else can feasibly harness ions and lock them up in a core for weapons, honestly? I really am not just making shit up out of my ass.

And the website says that mercs just have every weapons as triple trained, not that they get bonuses except "Reduced attack roundtimes; Increased attack ability; Increased damage dealt in combat; Increased stamina points."

Back to top »
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Kit wrote:
And troopers do get something for pulse. I'm almost POSSITIVE that they have the same bonus to pulse that techs do. Morrigan is even making trooper only pulse weapons because they get the bonus. Troopers ALSO have pulse as a core skill which means they get profession bonuses to it too.

Nope. No bonus to the skill. Troopers get it as a core skill, that's it. Troopers get bonuses to all 3 defensive skills, tactics and heavy armor.
Kit

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Tugor wrote:
Kit wrote:
And troopers do get something for pulse. I'm almost POSSITIVE that they have the same bonus to pulse that techs do. Morrigan is even making trooper only pulse weapons because they get the bonus. Troopers ALSO have pulse as a core skill which means they get profession bonuses to it too.

Nope. No bonus to the skill. Troopers get it as a core skill, that's it. Troopers get bonuses to all 3 defensive skills, tactics and heavy armor.

The profession bonus for pulse counts, in my opinion. Troopers get to be the best at it because of that.

Back to top »
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Kit wrote:
Tugor wrote:
Kit wrote:

The profession bonus for pulse counts, in my opinion. Troopers get to be the best at it because of that.

Heh well unfortunately your opinion doesn't mean much in this case. Stats aside, more skill = better. Which means technically, a Technician or Merc could be better at using pulse weapons than a Trooper of equal level. I WISH Troopers got an inherent bonus to pulse, but we don't. We get the defense bonus, we are tanks.
Kit

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Tugor wrote:

Heh well unfortunately your opinion doesn't mean much in this case. Stats aside, more skill = better. Which means technically, a Technician or Merc could be better at using pulse weapons than a Trooper of equal level. I WISH Troopers got an inherent bonus to pulse, but we don't. We get the defense bonus, we are tanks.

I'm not sure if this is right or not but...

Repair : 156 (171) I took off all of the bonuses I have
This is a core skill. I get +15 at level 50 to my core skills.

Pulse Weapons : 150 (165)
This is not a core skill. I get +15.

Which means that level for level, Troopers and Techs have the same skill in pulse weapons. The skills equal the same amount.

Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Code:
l me
You are Greaser Guitarista Mickey Brunner, a Reptoid Trooper.

skills pulse

Skill sheet for Mickey Brunner:

Pulse Weapons            : 200         

No bonus.

Code:
l me

You are Greaser Guitarista Mickey Brunner, a Reptoid Mercenary.

skills pulse

Skill sheet for Mickey Brunner:

Pulse Weapons            : 200  (220)   

Bonus.

---
---
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
 Back to top »
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Each profession has a unique skillset that they get bonuses to which can include, but is not limited to, core skills.

Troopers - Shield, Evasion, Parry, Tactics and Heavy armor.
Kit

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject:

So troopers don't get profession bonuses to core skills? That's so odd! I'll definately have to rethink the whole 'core skill' thing. I thought that professions got their bonuses in what they trained as cores.

Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject:

as per pretty much any other system in the game, if you have a ton of one thing, you don't need to worry about lacking in the other thing.

ie: someone with shitty ecology but a ton of perception can still be compotent at foraging.

ie: someone with no agility but a ton of coordination can still be compotent at dodging (ie: me)

ie: someone with low singing but a ton of charisma can still have a compotent voice.

ie: someone with low security but high intelligence/perception can still be compotent at finding a trap on a box.

ie: someone using a system that considers archery, craftsmanship, coordination, perception, and mentallity can still be compotent when lacking one skill considering the fact that they have rediculous amounts of skill in the other skill/stats.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Crafting & Trades » Bow Carving
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: