FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Bow Carving
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Crafting & Trades » Bow Carving
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moriath

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:51 am    Post subject:

Quote:
so i guess inaira and i both hit the cap...can we have the price upped a bit, by the way?

I hate to burst your bubble on this, but neither of you are anywhere near reaching the cap, on any of the bows you have carved.

As a guide..(Quality of Craftsmanship)
Abysmal
Poor
Below Average
Average
Above Average
Good
Very Good
Excellent
Remarkable
Phenomenal
Amazing
Unbelievable

Sorry, it just irks me that you want to be greedy in asking for price hikes when you are far from mastering even the easiest of woods.
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:53 am    Post subject:

I knew there was no way possible I'd reached the cap. I was mainly wondering why 39 for a longbow, when I can sell the store bought for twice that amount. I certainly didn't mean to come off as being greedy at all.

At already being 100th, I'm not sure how to get anywhere close to reaching the cap. Though maybe we aren't supposed to reach it for a long, long time. If it took me to 100th to get to what I can make them at now, then I'm guessing (just guessing) I'll need another 200 or so in archery and another 400 in craftsmanship, plus more in my stats. Is this anywhere near what I'll need? Does having archery give it the damage rating, not the quality?

I'm asking out of curiousity, to get some idea of what I can expect eventually to need to be really good at making bows.

Thanks in advance, if anyone can help me with this. I don't know if it's even been set up to go higher than we can make bows at this point, so any info would help.
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:11 am    Post subject:

Based on your results there's no way you could make capped bows with the current experience set up.
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:18 am    Post subject:

Hunter had posted this a long time ago:

Quote:
Eventually it'll be possible to cap the very hardest wood (jalumin) but by that point you have skills over 200 and coord over 100.

I don't know if he's doing the system or Valla is, or how much it's changed or not changed. This is part of why I'm trying to find any info out I can.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject:

Moriath wrote:
Sorry, it just irks me that you want to be greedy in asking for price hikes when you are far from mastering even the easiest of woods.

there's a difference between an item being at it's best quality and an item being capped in terms of what you can create.

it is very possible that, after X skill, better stats/skills don't matter anymore, like tailoring pre- a few months ago. a backpack would be 95 pounds at 150ish in the tailoring (or whatever) and still be 95 at 300ish in tailoring.

since bowcarving is an ultra-old system, i wouldn't be surprised if it is having the same thing happen to it.

and i hardly think asking for better prices on something that takes a few minutes to make is unfair, especially since the quality is better than what most stores sell, anyway.
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject:

I remember a time when 100 points in a stat meant something. Sad

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject:

TheTrackerChick wrote:
Hunter had posted this a long time ago:

Quote:
Eventually it'll be possible to cap the very hardest wood (jalumin) but by that point you have skills over 200 and coord over 100.

I don't know if he's doing the system or Valla is, or how much it's changed or not changed. This is part of why I'm trying to find any info out I can.

since jalumin is apparently the hardest:

Code:
You carefully look over a jalumin longbow.
It is worn on or over a single shoulder.
Use of this weapon in melee combat requires proficiency in the blunt weapons skill.
Use of this weapon when fired requires proficiency in the archery skill.
You are certain it is of very good quality and workmanship.
This weapon uses arrows for ammunition.

This weapon is capable of doing insignificant blunt damage.
This weapon is not suitable for piercing attacks.
This weapon is not suitable for slashing attacks.
This weapon is capable of doing impressive damage when fired.

It looks as though it would be clumsy at melee range.
It looks as though it would be advantageous at pole range.
It looks as though it would be practical at pilum range.
It looks as though it would be practical at missile range.

This weapon requires two hands to wield.
You think a jalumin longbow is basically worthless.
Roundtime: 19 sec.

Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject:

It all really depends on the actual cap for bows. I doubt you guys are gonna be able to make unbelievable quality longbows.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Tugor wrote:
I doubt you guys are gonna be able to make unbelievable quality longbows.

well, we were told that theoretically we can pass remarkable on armor crafting, but armor crafting is also a new system in comparision to bow carving.

the obvious solution is that i need to seal inaira's archery skill when i make one of these.
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I doubt that we'll be able to make unbelievable also, at least not for a lot of years.

After maxing my craft and archery up to all I can right now, I got the same as Yaru did for jalumin longbow.

You are certain it is of very good quality and workmanship.
This weapon uses arrows for ammunition.

This weapon is capable of doing insignificant blunt damage.
This weapon is not suitable for piercing attacks.
This weapon is not suitable for slashing attacks.
This weapon is capable of doing impressive damage when fired.
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject:

TheTrackerChick wrote:
Yeah, I doubt that we'll be able to make unbelievable also, at least not for a lot of years.

After maxing my craft and archery up to all I can right now, I got the same as Yaru did for jalumin longbow.

Shouldn't trackers make them better then anyone?

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Hunter wrote:
Quote:
You're correct that archery and craftsmanship are the skills involved, coordination is also important for most parts of the process.

Trackers are a very close second when it comes to woodworking, though not specifically just to bows. After all, staves and clubs are weapons easily found in nature too.

Same post that Hunter made, in 2003, regarding jalumin being the hardest wood and we'd cap out on the skills needed for the best we could do in carving bows.

So no, at least in 2003 it wasn't planned for trackers to be the best at arrows, or bows, or any other woodcrafting.
Kit

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject:

I would think that the only way to make a good arrow would be to know how to use the weapon. A swordsmith has to be a swordsmaster before he can create perfectly balanced blades afterall and trackers are (I think) the only ones that can master bows? Maybe mercs too.

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Well, one of key promoting points for Artisans is that they can craft the best weapons and armor bar-none. Or so it's been said over the years.

I agree that knowledge of the weapon should boost your results to some degree, but Artisans should still be the best with everything else being equal.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
Well, one of key promoting points for Artisans is that they can craft the best weapons and armor bar-none. Or so it's been said over the years.

I agree that knowledge of the weapon should boost your results to some degree, but Artisans should still be the best with everything else being equal.

--William

This is just my opinion, but that's really silly. At least they won't be the best pulse weapon makers. To me, just because you can craft a cool looking bow doesn't mean it'll be any good at all. Just knowing what it's suppose to be a look like doesn't give the weapon any substance. A bowmaker would have to make the bow, try it out, check for weakness, go back and work it somemore and so on. An artisan with no skill in archery would make a mighty pretty, but a still incredably poor bow.

Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Crafting & Trades » Bow Carving
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: