Stealth Systems
Goto page Previous  1, 2
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Agents » Stealth Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject:

Moka wrote:
Great post...explains more and yeah I can see where I was really putting agent in the thief roll. But seriously isn't that what they are? Stealth lock picking poison and stealing? Call it what ya want...it's still a thief.

They don't have the city-focused aspect generally associated with thieves, let alone the anything that really focuses on the stealing aspect (although Embrace does boost stealing now). But yes, they are the thief-oriented class in HR. But, then again, Guardians are more than Monks, Troopers are more than Paladins, Mercs are more than Barbarians, etc.
ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject:

If read correctly i did say trackers being able to see other professions too when out in the wilderness and also being able to spot an agent in the tracker environment yes your masters of stealth but in the tracker environment the tracker would also be able to track and with a good degree of perception see a stealthy agent how else would we be able to hunt .

as for the so called tracker bonus's id gladly give up the ability to boost a skill or travel by circle as they also seemed easily mimicked by all other profession either through potions or items aquired .

my main statement was not aimed so much at trackers hiding ability compared to agents as they both use different skills to hide but more at trackers inability to spot something like an agent, mage,psionic,artisan so out of place in an environment that trackers are used to . agents where aimed at as they have an ability that most other profession dont use (stealth) but that should not stop them still been seen just as out of place as the other profession when in a tracker environment Twisted Evil
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject:

ragonda wrote:
If read correctly i did say trackers being able to see other professions too when out in the wilderness and also being able to spot an agent in the tracker environment

and trackers can find agents in a tracker environment. i wouldn't be shocked if the agent bonus to stealth evens out with the tracker bonus to searching in the wild, putting them on even terms.

but, i'd love to see any data you have that even supports agents as being undetectable by trackers in the wild.

Quote:
yes your masters of stealth but in the tracker environment the tracker would also be able to track and with a good degree of perception see a stealthy agent how else would we be able to hunt .

once again, data plz. you're giving us theoretical stuff. i'm not saying that trackers shouldn't be better at searching, but i have no idea where you're coming from with this statement. is a level 1 tracker searching out a level 100 agent? is it a lvl 50 vs a lvl 50? are both training their triples fully? any bonuses giving an advantage of one over the other? there's a lot of stuff to consider.

Quote:
as for the so called tracker bonus's id gladly give up the ability to boost a skill or travel by circle as they also seemed easily mimicked by all other profession either through potions or items aquired.

i'm not sure what this has to do with agents.

Quote:
my main statement was not aimed so much at trackers hiding ability compared to agents as they both use different skills to hide

no they don't.

Quote:
but more at trackers inability to spot something like an agent, mage,psionic,artisan so out of place in an environment that trackers are used to.

you keep saying this. give me an actual example. anywhere!

Quote:
agents where aimed at as they have an ability that most other profession dont use (stealth) but that should not stop them still been seen just as out of place as the other profession when in a tracker environment Twisted Evil

just because trackers are good in the wild doesn't mean agents can't hide well in the wild as well. it isn't a black and white system.
ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
::ridiculous::
How come Trackers get SURVIVAL skills but Agents don't? Why can't an Agent eat some floor gum from the Llanfair Courthouse and gain a bonus to streetwise? Why can't my Artisan chew on some sewing thread to get a bonus to tailoring? Why can't my Trooper watch an episode of COPS to get a boon in using the justice system? Or maybe it's a Tracker thing because Trackers are the outdoor survivalists, as opposed to those other professions.
::/ridiculous::

as for the so called tracker bonus's id gladly give up the ability to boost a skill or travel by circle as they also seemed easily mimicked by all other profession either through potions or items aquired.

i'm not sure what this has to do with agents.

i now admit defeat and will let this post rest . battle of the bigger penis was won by the bigger pricks Twisted Evil
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject:

ragonda wrote:
i now admit defeat and will let this post rest . battle of the bigger penis was won by the bigger pricks Twisted Evil

all i'm asking for is some kind of proof that trackers are horribly hindered at finding agents in the wilderness. i'm not sure how that makes me an asshole but okay.

if you want to excel in stealth above all other things, you should be an agent, not a tracker. if i wanted to be awesome at skinning and archery and all survival skills (swimming/climbing/etc), i'd be a tracker
epol
Self-Proclaimed Crown Jewel

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Guardians are probably moreso in touch with the outdoors (made by the Gods, right?) than anyone except a tracker...just my opinion though.
 Back to top »
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject:

I lol'd...I lol'd til my nose bled.
Assassin: That's a good point...The creed is..."Stick them with the pointy end." - Ctrl+Alt+Del parody of Assassin's Creed.
---
TELEPATHY [close]:  Yaru Dex - "Great now you made Mickey cry. Thanks a lot, Seth."
---
Korell Ventril exclaims, "Choo ain no guard! Choo a crackhead!"
 Back to top »
tygerwulf
Teh Pink Assassin.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject:

soundless wrote:

They don't have the city-focused aspect generally associated with thieves, let alone the anything that really focuses on the stealing aspect (although Embrace does boost stealing now).

I'm hoping this changes soon, the stealing part at least. Yay for more stealing possibilities![/b]
HR-Hannah

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject:

I'm going to add my two cents here and say this...

Yes, Trackers need more love, they need boons, but then again all professions do.

I've read over this thread and tried to think of how Trackers should be able to see hidden players better when said player is hiding in the woods. While I agree Bureaucrats, Artisans, Medics would stick out like a sore thumb in the woods if they were all dressed up in flashy colors... if they are hidden... their flashy colors are hidden with them and I feel it should be skill that allows a player to find a hidden person, not their profession.

What do I think Trackers should excel at? Tracking, snaring, taming animals, all these things we DESPERATELY need to get implemented and lack the guru to work on. Same for Agents. I wish I could snap my fingers and get both a guru yesterday. My genie isn't listening.
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Agents » Stealth Systems
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: