Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Stealth Systems
Goto page 1, 2  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Agents » Stealth Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Solphan
Lord of All That Is Agenty

Post Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 2:36 pm    Post subject: Stealth Systems

There is now a stalking system in place, for the stealthy types. Unfortunately you can't stalk NPCs at the time, though that will be fixed in the future.

As a result of this, grouping mechanics and several verbs have been altered to not reveal hidden followers.

There's now also a sneaking system. To use this, merely SNEAK (direction/portal).

Players are no longer able to actively (using a direction command or GO) move between rooms and stay hidden.

Last edited by HR-Solphan on Sun Aug 17, 2003 2:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Quidditty

Post Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 3:00 am    Post subject:

SWEET! Been waiting for that. Thank you.

Quidditty
 Back to top »
tygerwulf
Teh Pink Assassin.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 9:53 pm    Post subject:

So will increased stealth skill decrease roundtime for stalking?
HR-Solphan

Post Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 3:15 pm    Post subject:

tygerwulf wrote:
So will increased stealth skill decrease roundtime for stalking?

Yes, for both stalking and sneaking.
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 4:06 pm    Post subject:

I haven't had the time to sit down and play with stalking to any real extent yet, but does Stalking a critter have at least a chance of increasing damage delt in combat? Or is this a feature to come later?

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Solphan

Post Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
I haven't had the time to sit down and play with stalking to any real extent yet, but does Stalking a critter have at least a chance of increasing damage delt in combat? Or is this a feature to come later?

--William

Stalking currently has absolutely no effect when dealing with NPCs.
ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject:

when stalking in the wilderness would an agent be spotted by a tracker more easily than say another profession would?

i know im gonna get lots of flaming but i was thinking along the lines that the wilderness be a natural terrain for trackers and not so for agents that they may stick out like sore thumbs when entering the same terrain as a tracker Twisted Evil
Moka

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject:

I agree with that....trackers live for the wilderness and spend thier lives there and know all the ins and outs. I just don't see a agent being able to hide and stalk in the wilderness like a Tracker could
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject:

I can't find it...But somewhere around here Trevor made the statement that Agents are the masters of stealth, and that they were just slightly better in urban, but still just-as-stealthy in rural. Trackers do have an easier time spotting ANYONE in rural areas, but penalizing Agents just for being in the woods is...stupid.
Assassin: That's a good point...The creed is..."Stick them with the pointy end." - Ctrl+Alt+Del parody of Assassin's Creed.
---
TELEPATHY [close]:  Yaru Dex - "Great now you made Mickey cry. Thanks a lot, Seth."
---
Korell Ventril exclaims, "Choo ain no guard! Choo a crackhead!"
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject:

i wouldn't be shocked if the bonus agents get to stealth and trackers get to finding people make them on pretty even terms.

meanwhile, can we stop reviving threads that are years old?
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject:

it's also worth keeping in mind that trackers DO get hiding bonuses, but not at the same level as agents. this is mainly because one of the main focuses of agents is stealth, while trackers aren't meant to focus only in stealth and stealth oriented things.

Code:
Hiding in melee/pole is now possible again, but has a failure rate at combat ranges this close. For Agents or Trackers in a rural or low-urban setting it's a low rate of failure. For Trackers in an urban setting it's a moderate rate of failure, and for everyone else it's a fairly high chance to fail to hide.

ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:36 am    Post subject:

i can understand that agents are masters of stealth but perhaps i didnt quite explain the way i was thinking .

if i placed a doe in the middle of cc no matter how hard you tried to hide it everyone would spot the doe as it doesnt belong there and people most likely to notice that it doesnt belong there would be city dwelling folks .

trackers spend most of their lives in the wilderness outside town (well they should dregs just lazy) so they would be more likely to spot something that didnt belong there . agents, psionics,artisans because agents use stealth they are less likely to be seen compared to the other city dwellers but still they would be noticed by the trackers Twisted Evil

as it stands even high level trackers cannot find agents out in the wilderness wich compared to the amount of high level trackers found in the city doesnt seem even Twisted Evil
Xavain

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:57 am    Post subject:

May be stupid to penalize Agents just for being in the woods but Trackers get penalized just for being in the city. *shrugs* Sounds fair to me that Agents would be great in the city but not so great in the woods. The woods is a different beast from the city after all.

Now, I could be wrong about that and am fully prepared to be flamed for it. I know I get RT for sneaking about in town but not in the woods and have been told by agents that they don't get any in either setting. Though to be fair that probably isn't the best basis for a theory. *shrugs*
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:57 am    Post subject:

ragonda wrote:
as it stands even high level trackers cannot find agents out in the wilderness wich compared to the amount of high level trackers found in the city doesnt seem even Twisted Evil

is there anything to really support this?

how many agents continue to train stealth past 200 compared to trackers who train streetwise/tracking? how many agents pump agility compared to trackers who pump perception? what time of day were they searched out? was the Agent embracing shadows?

Xavain wrote:
May be stupid to penalize Agents just for being in the woods but Trackers get penalized just for being in the city.

That's because Trackers aren't masters of stealth. they're masters of being in the outdoors.
Code:
Agent Bob says, "I'm an Agent. I'm a master of hiding ANYWHERE."
Tracker Bill says, "I'm a Tracker, I'm a master of surviving in the wild. That sometimes involves hiding but there's a lot more too it also."

Quote:
*shrugs* Sounds fair to me that Agents would be great in the city but not so great in the woods. The woods is a different beast from the city after all.

Agents aren't masters of the city, they're masters of stealth. Every special attack they have revolves around being able to hide and stalk. All of them.

You're confusing the Agent profession with the Thief profession in other games. Agents aren't Thieves. Agents aren't the city version of Trackers. Agents are Agents.

Quote:
Now, I could be wrong about that and am fully prepared to be flamed for it. I know I get RT for sneaking about in town but not in the woods and have been told by agents that they don't get any in either setting. Though to be fair that probably isn't the best basis for a theory. *shrugs*

guess what i'm going to say to explain why agents sneak better. Trackers work well in the woods. Correct! Agents work well in both because they live and breathe hiding.

I mean, I can't be the only one who notices that Trackers do more than just hide, right? The Tracker profession has a ton more than hiding. Where did this random "OH GOD TRACKERS HAVE TO HIDE LIKE AGENTS" wave come from?

::ridiculous::
How come Trackers get SURVIVAL skills but Agents don't? Why can't an Agent eat some floor gum from the Llanfair Courthouse and gain a bonus to streetwise? Why can't my Artisan chew on some sewing thread to get a bonus to tailoring? Why can't my Trooper watch an episode of COPS to get a boon in using the justice system? Or maybe it's a Tracker thing because Trackers are the outdoor survivalists, as opposed to those other professions.
::/ridiculous::
Moka

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject:

Great post...explains more and yeah I can see where I was really putting agent in the thief roll.
But seriously isn't that what they are? Stealth lock picking poison and stealing?
Call it what ya want...it's still a thief.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Agents » Stealth Systems
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: