FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Cases and Experience
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Bureaucrats » Cases and Experience
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kelasa

Post Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 1:39 pm    Post subject: Cases and Experience

I was just curious if the experiance on law cases could be boosted.. as it is currently if I am working them on a full mind I get about 10 exp researching, and 10 exp arguing.. by the time I start to argue a case my mind is empty again, and by the time I start to study a new case my mind is empty. The other professions can learn well enough to lock their minds on their proffesion skills, like pottery, albeit pottery is slow cause of the RTs, or Alchemy. I wouldn't mind other professions being able to do cases either, I just think a Bureaucrat should get a bonus to doing them, either in the monetary part or in the exp part. Psionics have Persuasion and Intimidation as triple trainables as well.

Kelasa
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Psionics have Persuasion and Intimidation as triple trainables as well.

But they use Intimidation and Persuasion for psi powers. Guardians can triple them, too, though it's unclear at this time what their benefit is to us (aside from aiding us if we decide to use spells or psi).

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
BenEricson

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 11:05 am    Post subject:

Yes, could experience for cases be increased, please? I have decided to have my Bureaucrat only take law cases and ignore the broker part of our profession as a rp choice and the experience is very negilible.

Thank you

Ben's mind
 Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:00 pm    Post subject:

First let me say that I never got Kelasa's original message listed as new :grumbles: otherwise I would have responded before now. As far as it has been planned, Bureaucrats will be the only ones able to try cases. Not sure why you'd want a non-professional trying your case anyways Razz

As for the exp, I'll take a look at it again, but the reason why it gives a smaller amount of experience compared to say pottery is that the amount of time invested not nearly as great. The studying part aside, trying a case takes a little over 30 seconds, which isn't going to grant much exp. Also, in your case Ben, and correct me if I'm wrong, but your relatively new to your life as a bureaucrat, which would mean that you drain experience at a faster rate than say Kelasa and might be why your not seeing as much in your pool.

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
Quidditty

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 4:36 pm    Post subject:

Interesting, I dont see any experience at all but my crat is young still aswell. Didnt know it taught anything.
Although I would think there would be a better reward to getting people who beat poor defenseless animals and such off the street than making an ugly pot. <G>

Quidditty
 Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:34 pm    Post subject:

If you've attempted any cases last night or today, you'll notice that roundtimes for studying and arguing have increased, which means the experience given has also increased. Based on the average RT/exp ratio that we use for most things you were actually getting more experience than you were supposed to for the RT, but since it was a small amount it was hard to notice it.

Also, I'd like to mention that the system is going to get heavily renovated once we move to the "real world." I'm planning on adding a way to notice the mood of the judge and also would like to implement a reputation system, so if your a really bad lawyer everyone's gonna know. Twisted Evil

If you have any thoughts or questions, lemme know Very Happy

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
BenEricson

Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 11:14 pm    Post subject:

Kelasa was telling me about cases that she had to study 50 plus times in order to get the same exp as a case she studies one time. What about the harder cases where it takes longer to study and getting the same exp to argue it as it does with the easier ones?

Thanks

Kelasa and Ben.
 Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 11:42 pm    Post subject:

You do get a small amount of experience if you can't fully research the case on the first attempt, so the longer a case takes to study, the more exp you get.

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
Mischeif

Post Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 4:24 pm    Post subject: im probably doing this wrong

im not sure where to post this, but its just my 2 cents worth on the problem. im not a crat, but also like to keep my profession to myself.

how about......

crats get a "fixed" price on things. lets use archer's arrow as just and example.

lets set the price at 10.
this would make a full bundle 500 for a crat.
now the ticker shows 8, a difference of 2.
now if i broker, i can get 40% increase from the ticker. the other 60% goes to the crat. leave in the fact that if its brokered the market doesnt drop.

this will encourage people to broker, will give just rewards to the crats saving us so much time and the market, and will encourage crats to get higher and higher abilities for higher and higher percentages. everybody wins.

like i said, just my 2 cents worth.
 Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 8:37 am    Post subject:

Interesting thought, though Bureaucrats already do get a bonus to the resale value when selling or brokering items if they are skilled enough, besides the ability to retain current market prices.

Quote:
but its just my 2 cents worth on the problem.

Also, I'm not sure I really understand what problem your speaking of. Smile Are you concerned with people not brokering through a bureaucrat? or is there something that you've encountered with the brokering system itself? If you could elaborate, it would be appreciated, that way we can better address the problem.

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
Mischeif

Post Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:04 am    Post subject:

the problems i see are when people sell on thier own, market gets messed up, and second i would like to ensure the brokers get a "tip" of sorts for the service.
 Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:45 am    Post subject:

Quote:
the problems i see are when people sell on thier own, market gets messed up, and second i would like to ensure the brokers get a "tip" of sorts for the service.

Both of the things you mentioned are totally the prerogative of the player. If someone doesn't feel the need to tip or even sell through a crat, it is really up to them. If you are that concerned about it, perhaps bring the issue up IG to those you see selling without a crat or not giving a tip. You also can check the news articles, there is some information on this subject there as well.

Hope that helps Very Happy

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Bureaucrats » Cases and Experience
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: