Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Implants
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Troopers » Implants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Implants

I should mentality is our closest thing to Discipline in DR and would have similar applications, tho we do not use mentals in experience absorption at -all-.  Exp absorption is a standard rate, tho stats will probably work into the size of your exp pool.  Hmm, I guess I should explain exp a little.

As you perform actions of various type, general experience goes into a general pool.  As this pool drains, it goes into your actual experience total toward next level.  The rate of drain is NOT based on how full your pool is, so long as there is exp in the pool at all.  Additionally, the concept of mindstates ala DR are not used.  You may work up a full pool and keep it full.

As you drain experience, you not only gain levels, but periodically you gain stat and skill training points usable on ANY stat or ANY skill respectively.  Yes, this means you can go make potions then apply that exp toward climbing.  All realism issues aside, I think this makes for a more enjoyable gaming experience.  Climbing a wall over and over and over again to raise that skill sucks as does hunting high and low for appropriate places to raise appropriate skills.

However, considerable travel is required for training as training locations for each skill are spread all over the globe.  Each profession is based in a certain location and their training area(s) sport a base set of trainable skills.  Some will be fairly common (evasion, research) others will be specialized and maybe only in one location (spell research).

Anyway, to clarify, you get training points for stats / skills (note those are two separate kinds of training points), as you gain exp, as well as when you level.  You get the slow trickle in between levels and a nice lump of them at the next level.

Skills can be raised to 200, stats to 100.  Levels go to 100.

So what happens at level 100? (mind you it takes a long time to get there, but...)

At level 100 you can't gain further levels, but you do gain experience, which means you still get that trickle of skill and stat training points.  Additionally, you can now train skills over 200 (to unlimited amts), and stats over 100 (again unlim.)

There are 8 stats and 60 skills, btw.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Dragoonseal

Post Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Implants

OooOooOOOoooo <absorbs info>

Yanno I might actually be an Alteri, as much as I like the Prydaen/Darju type, extreme races also appeal to me, and not only are they good in psionics, but a decent candidate fer implants, both of which I was thinking of using to do combat enhancing stuff, even if they do kinda counteract each other. I usually dislike magic, but psionics defiantly appeal ta me.

Hmmm, decisions. I think I'll wait til I know more of what strength/vitality and other various stats do and how they effect different classes first. <g>
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Implants

I think what you have to look at as far as charisma is not "friendliness" but rather "influential".  Alteri are well-liked, but not particularly influential.  Eolai may be annoying in their egotistical ways, but they are influential.  They are able to persuade, intimidate, lead, etc well because they naturally command attention as a general rule.  Of course this is a generalization.

Back to top »
Dragoonseal

Post Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Implants

Alright, but what about Darju then, that doesn't fit them well. I'm sure they'd be damn influential, probably in an intimitation type of way (this is the basis of Prydaen's charisma bonus).

Charisma might not cover all the things here as it does in DR, but it doesn't cover those 3 races quiet right, not all of them. But then, I also wouldnt know how to balance Alteri stats if they had a -1 to charisma, Eolai however could be done.

It might just be from my lack of knowledge on these things, I'm not the one settin it all up, just overin an outside view <g>.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Implants

<grin> Darju would be good intimidators, that much is true, but their general lack of tact also counters that out.  IOW, intimidation would be their bag but friendly persuasion is far from it, and I think the net result is that Darju often end up garnering dislike or hatred instead of fear, tho there certainly is a lot to be feared in an angry Darju.

But let me also be honest here in that Darju needed a downside somewhere. Wink  As it is, they already have a gorgeous stats spread even with the hit to mentality & charisma, and I think they'll do really well in most professions, tho I'd peg them less apt to for a few.

Back to top »
Dragoonseal

Post Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Implants

Was curious as to what agility and intellect mostly effect.

Agility looks like what DR's reflex handles (sorry, I don't mean to compare to DR a lot or anything, but I can only think in DRness, heh), and I think intellect is a tech related kinda thing. Mentality seems like a mental/magic kinda thing.

Might always consider +1 intellect for Darju, as a balancing stat. Dependin on what its gonna deal with anyway. Or +1 coordination. Throwin out ideas.

P.S. I'm gonna be Alteri, I needa challenge, and they're lookin cooler and cooler to me.

P.P.S. Hehe, I think you just updated that page.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Implants

You have agility pegged, yes, it's your ability to move around, flexibility, mobility, speed in movement etc, whereas coordination would be like agility in DR, using your hands and such.

Intellect covers one's ability to think in general, their general level of wisdom and logical thought.  It helps with tech stuff yes, but also magic and a number of things really.  Sort of a wisdom/intel mix in DR terms.

Mentality is more akin to DR's discipline, that is, one's ability to handle stress, mental endurance.  The mental counterpart to vitality.  It is used in situations where a player needs to focus, handle stressful situations, etc, including psionics.  It may factor in some magic spells, but intellect is the prime stat for magic.

Mana points are based on intellect, psi points are based on mentality.

And, I'm sure you'll enjoy being an Alteri. Smile  As a bonus, I don't anticipate their encumbrance issues will be anywhere near like say a gnome or something in DR, despite the fact Alteri are the smallest race currently.

Back to top »
Dragoonseal

Post Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Implants

<<And, I'm sure you'll enjoy being an Alteri.   As a bonus, I don't anticipate their encumbrance issues will be anywhere near like say a gnome or something in DR, despite the fact Alteri are the smallest race currently.>>

[glow=white,2,300]WOOHOO[/glow]
I was already trying to figure out just how in name of Pete I was gonna be able to get around that +3 to strength and vital, figured I'd have to carry like.. one gun, and the lightest armor conceivable.

<<Mentality is more akin to DR's discipline>>

Realized that a little after I posted, oops. Thanks fer makin stuff that it does more clear.

I wanna play the game so bad already <whine>.

P.S. The new way the forum tags new posts helps a ton!
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Implants

<g> Yeah finding new posts was a nuisance I think, especially on higher resolutions.

Back to top »
Islansya

Post Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: Implants

Hey... are you saying all of us females want to be beautiful human-types?
Well, OK, you're probably not too far off, but, as someone who hasn't yet gotten to play a non-human, I'm looking forward to being either Alteri or Jaddan.
 Back to top »
Islansya

Post Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: Implants

meh.  It's also really possible I posted this in the wrong folder.  I'm a ditz, feel free to tell me off.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 12:38 am    Post subject: Re: Implants

<g> One vote for Jaddan!  Ok, so it was a half vote.

Back to top »
Islansya

Post Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 5:18 am    Post subject: Re: Implants

I have to say one of the attractions of being Jaddan would be that I'd finally be tall!!, although I suppose a ten foot female would be a little unusual, even among them.  So when do the female drawings get posted?!
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Implants

Soon as the artist can get 'em done.  He's actually distracted himself on another area concept recently, it sounds very cool. Wink

Back to top »
Dragoonseal

Post Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Implants

After thinking about it for a few, I was wondering what exactly some implants might do in this game.

Like say a strength kinda implant, what would it do exactly, it wouldn't change a racial stat modifier? Or might it simply do something like give +5 to strength? Or maybe even a % strength bonus, depending on what yers is...
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Troopers » Implants
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: