FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Singing Pin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Buy, Sell, and Trade » Singing Pin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
I'd buy the singing pin for 100k. But since I might loose mender's verse I'm not going to invest in a singing thing.

You heard Faith. Getting a plus 20 in anything is mondo rare. And at 30k a plus at her standards without taking into concideration that she only goes up to +5, 600 is a more likely figure to take for it.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Kit wrote:
soundless wrote:
I'd buy the singing pin for 100k. But since I might loose mender's verse I'm not going to invest in a singing thing.

You heard Faith. Getting a plus 20 in anything is mondo rare. And at 30k a plus at her standards without taking into concideration that she only goes up to +5, 600 is a more likely figure to take for it.

Yeah, but then again there's the fact that noone else is offering anything.

So I'm fine with offering 100k.
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject:

I don't think interest is really the problem here....I'd be more then willing to take them off of both of your hands.
Inside an intricately beaded twilight black suede corset with hot pink lacings you see a buttery nipple, a buttery nipple, a steaming pile of gamojab poop, a speckled red crab, a chocolate chip brownie, a map of Haelrahv, a huge blonde hair ball, a severed Haidee head, and your boobs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject:

Haidee wrote:
I don't think interest is really the problem here....I'd be more then willing to take them off of both of your hands.

That's so like you. Sad

Wink
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject:

Hey, I don't go around stealing your +3kazillion tailoring junk! Besides, what in the world do YOU need singing for? <harrumphs>
Inside an intricately beaded twilight black suede corset with hot pink lacings you see a buttery nipple, a buttery nipple, a steaming pile of gamojab poop, a speckled red crab, a chocolate chip brownie, a map of Haelrahv, a huge blonde hair ball, a severed Haidee head, and your boobs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
zamde
Maestro

Post Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:49 pm    Post subject:

Boo and hiss all you want, but I'm of the opinion that there are just plain too many bonus items floating around in the game.

Reason A: Hunting for treasure is obsolete simply because there's no sense trying to find a jobber box item with a half-useful bonus when you only need to wait a week and a half or so for whichever GM/Alterer to make you something with the cheap custom-chosen bonuses you want.

Reason B: Lucky trait? See A.

Reason C: [COMM][0](X Player) - Anyone need an extra law ring? I've already got four hundred fifty-seven to match my supply of spellcaster rings and tikzor rattles.

Reason D: Dancing : 200 (315)
That's unbuffed; I can stack another +25 on that if I really put my back into it. I'm uninterested in the dancing pants based solely on the fact that I already feel like my skills are obscenely unbalanced.

Reason E: My old armor with +3 evasion and a "minor quality enhancement" : $375,000 - when 375k was actually a lot of money. The comparable cost at the current "going rate" : Approx $120,000 - when possessing $1million is a ho-hum affair.

The only positive aspect of this I see is that a +5 will devalue dramatically with the upcoming skill cap where it only equates to a single level's worth of bonus.

Dixie Pierce says, "I heard Zamde can't have kids cause she lactates poison."

[Telepathy] Yaru Dex projects: I thought Zamde doesn't have kids because her womb is full of aisobs.

You can't spell "slaughter" without 'laughter'.

Llanfair Anti-Cyber Brigade Member #0000
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject:

Haidee wrote:
Hey, I don't go around stealing your +3kazillion tailoring junk! Besides, what in the world do YOU need singing for? <harrumphs>

Alteri's are known for their rich singing background! You're stealing my culture! Sad

Heh, honestly, all I'd need a singing pin for is to boost my Mender's Verse.

IIRC, those singing pins were in Faith's halloween Tunnels, and they also give +5 charisma, too.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject:

zamde wrote:
Boo and hiss all you want, but I'm of the opinion that there are just plain too many bonus items floating around in the game.

I need more! MOOOOOOOOOORE!

Wink
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:06 am    Post subject:

If this puts it in perspective, I was hesitant to put out the instruments for sale at the 2003 festival (+1 charisma, +2 performance skill) because I was afraid they were overpowered.

</nostalgia>

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kit

Post Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:23 am    Post subject:

zamde wrote:
Reason A: Hunting for treasure is obsolete simply because there's no sense trying to find a jobber box item with a half-useful bonus when you only need to wait a week and a half or so for whichever GM/Alterer to make you something with the cheap custom-chosen bonuses you want.

Well, I've never seen an alterer that will make bonused goods and I've been here for three months and play pretty regularly. That being said, in my two months of being able to hunt things with boxes, this is the first time I found a bonus giving item, save for the books. And yes, I have the lucky trait.

Quote:
Reason C: [COMM][0](X Player) - Anyone need an extra law ring? I've already got four hundred fifty-seven to match my supply of spellcaster rings and tikzor rattles.

So why are there no repair or security rings? ;.;

Quote:
Reason D: Dancing : 200 (315)
That's unbuffed; I can stack another +25 on that if I really put my back into it. I'm uninterested in the dancing pants based solely on the fact that I already feel like my skills are obscenely unbalanced.

;.; Good for you. Most people don't have that.

Quote:
Reason E: My old armor with +3 evasion and a "minor quality enhancement" : $375,000 - when 375k was actually a lot of money. The comparable cost at the current "going rate" : Approx $120,000 - when possessing $1million is a ho-hum affair.

For much older players maybe!

Quote:
The only positive aspect of this I see is that a +5 will devalue dramatically with the upcoming skill cap where it only equates to a single level's worth of bonus.

Most of us would love to have a plus 1 on anything. A plus 5 is like heavenly.
 Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:24 am    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
Haidee wrote:

Alteri's are known for their rich singing background! You're stealing my culture! Sad

Heh, honestly, all I'd need a singing pin for is to boost my Mender's Verse.

IIRC, those singing pins were in Faith's halloween Tunnels, and they also give +5 charisma, too.

Yes. It gives +5 charisma too. Never noticed.
 Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:27 am    Post subject:

HR-Mickey wrote:
If this puts it in perspective, I was hesitant to put out the instruments for sale at the 2003 festival (+1 charisma, +2 performance skill) because I was afraid they were overpowered.

</nostalgia>

Maybe it puts it into perspective for the old and powerful people like Zamde...but for some of us...Heh. Last time Endymion was here I begged him to make me a rune or something, but he said he didn't do them anymore!

Cai's never been around, Faith only does it for vouchers which I have none of....so...

Some of us rely on maybe finding bonus items. It's kinda frustrating to be a higher level then someone of your profession but have them better then you because they have bonused items. For those of us that don't have them, we're trying rather fiercely to get them!
 Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Kit wrote:
So why are there no repair or security rings? ;.;

There are. I forgot the name, but I had about 7 of them. I sold them to the jeweler for a few thousand dollars each.
 Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject:

That's understandable, and I didn't intend it to sound like "Tough luck for you if you don't have those crazy bonuses". The point I was more trying to make, though, is that the existence of bonuses (and the extent they appear to) is precedented (and thus ultimately expected by the population) by the volume, quantity, and frequency in which they appear; so at one of the spectrum, you have an annual appearance by Papo (or a minor bonus instrument for sale) with a +1 here or there, and people say, "Holy crap, BONUSES!". At the other end (closer to how I see the situation now), bonus items are suit and standard, and people expect them at alarming frequency and in high value (or to 'catch up' to those with more than them) - "Holy crap, WHERE ARE all the BONUSES?!?"

I'm also a big fan of the balanced-item trick; that is, a drawback or disadvantage to the item that's concordantly oppositional to the advantage it gives. Like the Gemrem books.

As far as the item in this thread goes, I think the price is subjective to the buyer; a +20 to singing is a massive boon to a Performer, but there's not a lot many other people can do with it (none of those performance bonus items are from me, by the way; to date, I've yet to introduce any rare or ultra-rares). It reminds me of the story "The Pearl", a bit. The protagonist finds a pearl so perfect and so large that he can't find anyone willing to buy it, essentially making the pearl worthless. </literary philosophy>

And a quick sidebar...
Quote:
So why are there no repair or security rings?

If memory serves, I think there are security rings.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
maddie

Post Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Quote:

For much older players maybe!

Ahem.

Quote:
>topwealth

Rank Name Race Profession Level Wealth
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Chantice Reiley Eolai Bureaucrat 36 $8,418,685
2 Kit Murphy Eolai Technician 24 $2,058,297
3 Kelasa Quaylin Eolai Bureaucrat 29 $1,892,635

You are almost thrice my level, and a multimillionaire. You have no room to talk.
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Buy, Sell, and Trade » Singing Pin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: