FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
An idea or suggestion
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Combat & Hunting » An idea or suggestion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kelasa

Post Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 6:11 am    Post subject: An idea or suggestion

It seems a lot of people don quite realize what weapon specializations are when they first mke their first character.. How about instead of chosing the weapon specializations in the roller, make it so that the first weapons you train in will set yer specializations. Example:

Train exotic
>This will set your first specialization to exotic weapons. Are you sure you want to train this weapon?
Train Exotic
>(standard training message)
Train exotic
>You have chosen exotic weapons as a weapon specialty and your skill has increased from 0 to 1.

Skill
>yada yada

Your weapon specializations are exotic weapons and you are able to specialize in (#) of weapon classes.
Chris Crosshair

Location: In the sewers carying a small box that keeps screaming...

Post Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 6:21 am    Post subject:

Uhh...i think its perfectly fine the way it is. I mean no offense to ANYONE (please no flying eosheai to the chest for this) but if you dont know what it means when it asks you to select a weapon to specialize in you really need to get your head examined.
Kelasa

Post Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 6:38 am    Post subject:

For an example when I started my tracker I thought marksmanship might be something that would improve for any ranged type weapon.. I found out it was for guns and rifles after starting my bureaucrat. Some people might not realize what consitutes an exotic weapon so they train in bladed, archery, unarmed etc, then see this nifty flame thrower that is an exotic and then kick themselves over not training in exotics too, or find out that a whip is considered to be exotic. With how the trainers are set up you can tell what type of weapons fall into their classrange by what's in the area.
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 9:10 am    Post subject:

Personally, I like that weapon specialities are chosen in the CM. Perhaps there can be a help added or a look put on the weapons for those that aren't quite sure what some of the weapon skills are.

But also remember you don't have to have a speciality in a weapon to train it. So if down the line you decide you really want to learn thrown or exotic or whatever, you can learn it.

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
Sainji

Post Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Yes you can train other weapon classifications, but if you didn't chose that weapon classification in the CM you can't triple train it. So you can never be as good as you should be in that weapon classification.

Perhaps a little blurb or help file listing the types of weapons for that weapon classification in the CM. Such as exotic weapons, marksmanship, et al that might not be obvious to a first time player.

Thank you.

Regards,
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Yes you can train other weapon classifications, but if you didn't chose that weapon classification in the CM you can't triple train it. So you can never be as good as you should be in that weapon classification.

True, but who says you need to be the best at everything? Dabbling in something can be just as enjoyable Very Happy

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 5:18 pm    Post subject:

This is something I'll save for the rebuild, but as the CM will need to be completely redone, it will be a good opportunity to add increased help on various aspects, including triples.

I personally think both a brief description and a few weapon examples (i.e. naming a few exotic weapons, for instance) should be sufficient.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Jin

Post Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 1:08 am    Post subject: PvP in Haelrahv

I don't know if this is the right topic to post this under, but I guess it's as good as any: In all the RPGs and MMORPGs I've played Player vs. Player combat offers no experience. I think it's rediculous that if a 10th level agent kills a 14th level technician (or what have you) that the agent would not stand to gain a substantial amount of experience from the encounter, let alone no exp what so ever. I think it would be awesome if such an experience gauge could be placed in a final version of the game. It would make sense that if a lower level character kills a higher one that they would gain an amount of exp that is proportional to the kill, the same as if a 50th character takes out a 2nd level character, the exp gain would be minimal to unnoticeable. Just a suggestion that I think would bring an element to the game that sets it further apart from other ones.

Jin of the Lexoins
 Back to top »
SolitaryTurnip

Post Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 1:17 am    Post subject:

Trevor said (in some other topic) that PvP does grant xp, and I'm assuming that it is dealt out the same as with critters. If you fight a critter far below your level, it won't grant much xp, etc.
 Back to top »
Jin

Post Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 1:28 am    Post subject: Ummm

Yeah, uh...my bad. If it is in place I guess I just didn't notice.

Jin of the Lexoins
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Combat & Hunting » An idea or suggestion
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: