FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Preview into the droids system
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Technicians » Preview into the droids system
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Zoz

Post Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 12:28 pm    Post subject: Preview into the droids system

The droids are currently in an alpha stage of sorts, with all the bits and pieces nearly finished as well as a good deal of their functionality. Here's a look into what droids will be able to do, and consequently, why techs are the best profession out of them all.

- 6 different types of droids, ranging from the quick and stealthy AD (air drone) to the mobile fortress that is the MAD (massive armored droid).

- Currently more than 20 different weapons, including electrical weapons, lasers, guns, a flamethrower, and unarmed attachments.

- Espionage equipment that allows droids to find people, spy and relay visual information, and even CLOAK (smaller droids only).

- Technical equipment that adds bonuses to technical-based actions and assist with repairs and identification of wildlife.

- Every droid has a set number of slots in their head, torso, arms, and legs that can be filled with a mix and match of any kind of parts that you wish, be it weaponry or technical equipment. However, slots are limited so that very espionage-inclined droids won't have much room for weapons, and vice versa.

- Upgradeable core equipment (ie, fuel cells, power mills)

- Core equipment includes voice emulators, personality chips, and 'skins' (overall scheme of appearance for the droids). Coupled with the customizeability of each slot's equipment makes droids extremely custom-built.

Drooling? Come join the techs, then.

-Zoz
 Back to top »
Dragoonseal

Post Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 5:22 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Drooling?

Yes.

Quote:
Come join the techs, then.

Naaaaah <g>.
PepsiKing

Post Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:49 pm    Post subject:

<throws up a tent and makes camp>

Going to be sure to be first to be a techie <nods>

PepsiKing
 Back to top »
HR-Zoz

Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 1:02 pm    Post subject:

PepsiKing wrote:
<throws up a tent and makes camp>

Going to be sure to be first to be a techie <nods>

PepsiKing

What was a tent doing in your stomach in the first place?
- Smart Aleck Zoz
 Back to top »
Durinthal
Arr!

Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Well, now I know my secondary choice of profession.

Trooper, of course.
 Back to top »
PepsiKing

Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 11:57 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
What was a tent doing in your stomach in the first place?

Do you really want to know? Laughing

PepsiKing
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 9:44 am    Post subject:

I'm just curious about something. Will Droids be usable by others that aren't Techies? My friend's going to be a Medic, and we were talking about how it'd be neat if the droids I'm going to be making could help speed up or decrease the margin of error during surgeries (assuming there's going to be a chance to mess-up on the more intricate ones, anyway).

And then it came up that if I couldn't login when she needed to do a surgery, if she'd be able to control the droid. I think it'd boil down to something similar to implants: we make them, we sell them, people can use them. Perhaps Techies would get some bonus to controlling the droids, but it still makes sense that others, after the proper programming of course, would be able to command/control them to do a few things (fish, forage, combat-ness, surgeries, et al).

--William, hoping that hasn't been covered somewhere before.. gwar.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 2:41 pm    Post subject:

That lucky bastard Zoz is going to the World Series tonight, but I'll defer a reply to his next chance to reply. Very Happy

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
HR-Ragnar

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Trevor, Your just grumpy cuz you arn't going.

Twisted Evil

Ragnar
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 6:00 pm    Post subject:

I admit it. I am. Wink

Back to top »
Durinthal
Arr!

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 1:32 am    Post subject:

And yet another business pops up.. the droid market.

Can we paint them too?

::considers a sentry droid covered in black and red warpaint::
 Back to top »
HR-Zoz

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 2:56 am    Post subject:

brokyn wrote:
I'm just curious about something. Will Droids be usable by others that aren't Techies? My friend's going to be a Medic, and we were talking about how it'd be neat if the droids I'm going to be making could help speed up or decrease the margin of error during surgeries (assuming there's going to be a chance to mess-up on the more intricate ones, anyway).

Honestly, what are the techs going to be left with if you make droid-making a global convenience? It's already likely that animals and familiar-type companions will be fair game to anyone that trains the proper skills, and I think it would be spoiling the players for them to have access to all three. However, I can definitely see some droid equipment having functions such as that.. being equipped with medical equipment that serves all of those in the room, if the owner toggles to an "unselfish" mode of sorts. But as far as completely changing ownership (even temporarily), there's a whole lot that could go wrong with that as far as abuse and bugs, so that isn't likely. But definitely, droids can be ordered to be of assistance to other people in the room, even remotely if the owner wishes.

Durinthal wrote:
Can we paint them too?

Well it won't exactly be "painting", but I'm considering the format of the "skins" right now. The skins, in case I didn't cover it clearly enough in my original post, will be the overall appearance of the droid, affecting specific things such as its overall color scheme, flashy parts (now's your chance to put a big smiley-face sticker on your droid..). Anyways, it's possible that I'll get something going to make the skin (which is a core part, btw.. every droid will require one) something that you construct yourself, or there'll be premade ones in shops. I foresee the game starting with premade skins (since it's gonna be a little while before anyone even can make a droid in the first place), with custom skins being more of a merchant thing. There will be miscellaneous 'clothing' (stickers, for one) that you will be able to purchase right from the start, though. These are completely optional.

-Zoz
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:50 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Honestly, what are the techs going to be left with if you make droid-making a global convenience? It's already likely that animals and familiar-type companions will be fair game to anyone that trains the proper skills,

-- Familiars are mage only... as are the psionic spirits... Animals are open to all, but certain types will possibly be Tracker and Mercenary only.

Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 4:36 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Still something I'm pondering. Once we all decide what exactly each profession gets just for themselves, I'll evaluate if droids are so gosh darned cool that everyone can have access to them, or if that would cause Haelrahv to sink under the weight of all the nuts and bolts we'd have as a whole, because I'm sure -everyone- will want one.

Nobody will be able to afford my Droids, though. They're gonna be decked out in Uber Killing enhancements and stuff, you see. Maybe some nukes, too, just for flavor. Twisted Evil

Joking aside (of course, you only think I'm joking), I'd atleast want to be able to help out my Medic buhd-dees and stuff. ::Shrug:: That, or atleast make all the Droids I make suddenly go beserk and kill everyone and everything in their path (ala the backdoor program, of course).

--William the Insane

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Zoz

Post Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 4:49 pm    Post subject:

For sure, if droids are restricted to techs only, you will still be able to help out your medic buds. All droids will have a technical mode of sorts (as opposed to combat mode) where they break out the tools and assist those in the room with tasks related to the types of tool kits they are equipped with. And if the droid is equipped with the proper gear to find someone, it can go stand with your friend and be useful while you're hackin' and slashin' or doing whatever. Yup, that means you can issue orders remotely. Send 'em over, activate a technical assistance mode, do whatever else you need to do meanwhile.

-Zoz
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Technicians » Preview into the droids system
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: