FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Death Blow Bug??
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Combat & Hunting » Death Blow Bug??
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 10:29 pm    Post subject: Death Blow Bug??

Was hunting in the fens today. . . .berserkers and borkin warriors. . . .They cant hit me at all unless im burdened. . .which i wasnt. . .I could stand there all day and they cant hit me if im below burdened. . . .So I was hunting and beating on a Borkin Warrior when all a sudden it jumps up and lands a death blow on me. . . .now I dont think that should be possible if it couldnt ever hit me in the first place. . . .

Stumbling awkwardly, you crouch low and perform a foot sweep at a borkin warrior. Amazingly, you land a superficial hit to his left arm as a borkin warrior fails to parry the attack.
[You are fairly well balanced, healthy, and slightly tired.]
Roundtime: 2 sec.
>
You feel your shot is ready.
fire
A borkin warrior stands back up.
A borkin warrior slashes hard through your abdomen, gutting you in one swift movement.
Running more on luck than skill, a borkin warrior slashes a rusty chain and sickle at you. Somehow, he lands a strong hit to your abdomen as you fail to dodge the attack.Mortally wounded, you release a final sigh and succumb to the cold embrace of death.
You've died! You'll either have to wait until a Medic comes to help you or type RESTORE to be restored from a copy of your genetic image.

I dont think they should be able to land a deathblow hit on me if they could NEVER hit me before
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 10:39 pm    Post subject:

The only bug there is the second hit after you died. You were tired some, and possibly encumbered (can't tell) and so on, and so a hit got through. The chance of landing a death crit is low and is only possible if they get a hard hit.

But you must remember that a) some critters use powerful attacks (which drains their own stamina quick and have more RT) and b) some critters have high strength. Most hits you receive, even hard ones, will not result in death crits. But some will, and it should. After all, no matter how rare a hit is, a hard hit is a hard hit right?

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Yea but they cant hit me at all. . . .Ive hunted in there for hours and hours. . .and they cant hit me unless im burdened. . . .which I wasnt then. . . .It doesnt make sense that i can dodge all day long then all the sudden they can trip and accidentally kill me in one hit.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Did you notice the posts / news article about fatigue changes? It's much more of an issue now.

Back to top »
HR-Hunter

Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 10:56 pm    Post subject:

You might have missed it in another thread, but stamina was fixed reciently which means if you were a little tired...

Quote:
[You are fairly well balanced, healthy, and slightly tired.]

...then it has more effect then it used to.
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 11:07 pm    Post subject:

This is me dodging all day long. . . .They just cant hit me. . . no lucky hits no nothing. . . .

------------------------------------------------------------

You also see a borkin warrior and a borkin warrior.
You notice exits leading north and southwest.
>
Stumbling at the last moment, a borkin warrior slashes a rusty chain and sickle at you. Unsurprisingly, you dodge the attack with ease.
[You are well balanced, healthy, and well rested.]
Striking swiftly, a borkin warrior slashes a rusty chain and sickle at you. At the last moment you dodge the attack, barely managing to avoid disaster.
>
Stumbling at the last moment, a borkin warrior slashes a rusty chain and sickle at you. Unsurprisingly, you dodge the attack with ease.
Almost tripping, a borkin warrior slashes a rusty chain and sickle at you. As expected, you dodge the attack easily.
[You are incredibly balanced, healthy, and well rested.]
>
-+ Lesser Magi Aidan Lamdod has departed from Haelrahv. [10:54 p.m.]
Striking hesitantly, a borkin warrior slashes a rusty chain and sickle at you. Ready to meet the challenge, you dodge the attack.
Moving gracefully, a borkin warrior slashes a rusty chain and sickle at you. Shockingly, you dodge the attack in a feat of pure luck.
>
-+ Galeth Lothain has departed from Haelrahv. [10:54 p.m.]
Moving gracefully, a borkin warrior slashes a rusty chain and sickle at you. Shockingly, you dodge the attack in a feat of pure luck.
Awkwardly, a borkin warrior attempts to bite you. With skill, you dodge the attack, barely breaking a sweat.
>
A borkin warrior says something in a muddled, undecipherable tongue.
Striking hesitantly, a borkin warrior slashes a rusty chain and sickle at you. Ready to meet the challenge, you dodge the attack.
>
Striking hesitantly, a borkin warrior crouches low and performs a foot sweep at you. Ready to meet the challenge, you dodge the attack.
>
-+ Rale Zamde Morgav has departed from Haelrahv. [10:55 p.m.]
>
>Moving in quickly, a borkin warrior attempts to bite you. Despite his best efforts, you dodge the attack with relative ease.
>
With confidence, a borkin warrior attempts to bite you. Returning with equal ferocity, you dodge the attack.
>
Awkwardly, a borkin warrior slashes a rusty chain and sickle at you. With skill, you dodge the attack, barely breaking a sweat.

IF they cant hit me normally. . . . why should they be able to land a deathblow?

And slightly tired starts around 90% stamina. . . .if its that BIG of a penalty from losing 10% stamina. . . .I think thats a bit harsh. I dont want it to sound like im bitching. . .or whining. . too late maybe heh. . .I did read about the stamina changes. . . just didnt think it would be that severe. .
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 11:07 pm    Post subject:

BTW based on your actual level of fatigue (slightly tired is a wide range), you were down -6% to -19% of your Evasion, and that's not factoring encum. Borkin warriors have 60 in their combat skills and 24 agility / 25 coordination. They aren't that far from your own skill level, so it stands to reason they should be able to hit you, regardless of previous experience.

Back to top »
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 11:12 pm    Post subject:

Ok thanks. . . .<g> guess I was getting a bit arrogant in the fact they never hit me before. . . .
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Combat & Hunting » Death Blow Bug??
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: