FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Cross-post - NEWS 62: THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Announcements From The Staff » Cross-post - NEWS 62: THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 8:09 am    Post subject: Cross-post - NEWS 62: THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT

I'm writing this article in response to recent problems with game crashes, and to as well address the issue of frequent game resets. I'd like to first thank all of our players for their patience and support when these things occur, I understand that it can be difficult and interrupts your gaming experience.

As you all know, Haelrahv is a free gaming service and claims no profit. Right now, it is operated at a monthly loss because the game has no income and the cost to maintain the server and high speed connection is notable. This is generally no problem - Haelrahv itself is in no danger by this. However, the recent issues of crashes and the long term issue of frequent game resets is attributable to problems that will require money to fix.

We are faced with a reality of a few choices to address the problems. The amount of crashes can be reduced (but not altogether eliminated) if we perform more frequent resets. We currently reset every 15 hours or so. However, this is of course an annoyance for all of us, understandably. Additionally, the problems that precipitate the need to reset aren't going away without intervention.

I'm asking that those who wish and are able contribute to our effort to
resolve these problems by donating whatever funds you are able. I realize not everyone has the ability, or even desire to take part in this, but some do, and your help would be immensely appreciated. Some have already contributed and I sincerely thank you for doing so. I want to stress that no one is in any way obligated to offer any sort of donation, this is purely optional.

If you wish to donate, please use the Donate link on our haelrahv.com website. If you would like your donation to be used to provide you the
'multi-connection' option, please read NEWS 49 and provide the information requested there.

Thank you for your support!

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Announcements From The Staff » Cross-post - NEWS 62: THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: