FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
HR materials
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » HR materials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xavain

Post Posted: Sat May 03, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: HR materials

We have the posts that cover a lot of the materials in HR (halxna being a rare black metal with flecks of silver for example) and those are great but it doesn't cover everything and somethings are redundant. Like aeoro is the equivalent of marble but we also have items we can buy that are made of marble. Or things that are jet black halxna when halxna is already jet black. Or whatever version of black. I don't believe a description of isaisae stone is listed anywhere but it exsists IG. Dixie told me it's a black stone with silver or gold flecks. Just thinking during all the reworking of HR since it's going to be 'live" now, that it should all be standardized and codified and a list posted for everyone to refer to.
 Back to top »
HR-Kaelin

Post Posted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: HR materials

Xavain wrote:
We have the posts that cover a lot of the materials in HR (halxna being a rare black metal with flecks of silver for example) and those are great but it doesn't cover everything and somethings are redundant. Like aeoro is the equivalent of marble but we also have items we can buy that are made of marble. Or things that are jet black halxna when halxna is already jet black. Or whatever version of black. I don't believe a description of isaisae stone is listed anywhere but it exsists IG. Dixie told me it's a black stone with silver or gold flecks. Just thinking during all the reworking of HR since it's going to be 'live" now, that it should all be standardized and codified and a list posted for everyone to refer to.

I don't know if you realize just what a massive undertaking that would be, and how much time it would take. Even if we were just talking about changing the room descriptions to fit with what is currently forageable and available, it would *still* be a massive undertaking that would take up GM time for months, around the clock.

Honestly, I understand that there's redundancies. There's going to be. Hael has been around for a while now, and the staff hasn't stayed the same. There are going to be design issues that crop up. But going through and "reworking" it isn't as simple as just standardizing and codifying a list for everyone to refer to.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject:

If someone wants to make a more complete list of all materials, the wiki is always available!
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Sun May 04, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject:

If I can get a list of all materials and their properties (woods, metals, man-made stuff, clothing, etc) from the GMs, simply because from what I can find on the wiki and the IG books there are things not listed or covered, I will gladly do a full material compendium on the Wiki.
Assassin: That's a good point...The creed is..."Stick them with the pointy end." - Ctrl+Alt+Del parody of Assassin's Creed.
---
TELEPATHY [close]:  Yaru Dex - "Great now you made Mickey cry. Thanks a lot, Seth."
---
Korell Ventril exclaims, "Choo ain no guard! Choo a crackhead!"
 Back to top »
Xavain

Post Posted: Sun May 04, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: HR materials

HR-Kaelin wrote:
Xavain wrote:

I don't know if you realize just what a massive undertaking that would be, and how much time it would take. Even if we were just talking about changing the room descriptions to fit with what is currently forageable and available, it would *still* be a massive undertaking that would take up GM time for months, around the clock.

Honestly, I understand that there's redundancies. There's going to be. Hael has been around for a while now, and the staff hasn't stayed the same. There are going to be design issues that crop up. But going through and "reworking" it isn't as simple as just standardizing and codifying a list for everyone to refer to.

That's actually why I requested that it be standardized and codified, there are going to continue to be staff changes. Rather than allowing things to continue being design issues you'd have one document that all GM's could work from and that all players could understand what it is they have in hand or what they are looking at.

That aside, just an up-to-date listing/description of the materials would be great. Like what Seth asked for.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun May 04, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject:

what materials do what haven't changed. it sounds like the issue is that something already black is being described as black, which comes off as redundant.

BUT, even with something always being black, it's never the same shade of black 100%. along with that, not all players are going to have the same level of interest in knowing what materials look like what. It's good, IMO, to occasionally mention what a material looks like so the average player stll understands what they see.

example:
Code:
a kokrugun keychain
Attached to the end of the dull black keychain is an eilaro cage containing a series of screeching asapi carved out of aifai and zatne. Oddly enough, the silver and blue wooden birds seem to be worn down far more than expected, as if the cage were frequently shaken in a violent manner. Whether this is out of frustration or just a desire to harass the contents within is unclear.
Sure, we already know the keychain is dull black because it's made of kokrugun, and that the birds are silver and blue because they're made of aiifai and zatne, but not all players may know that or have the kind of drive to memorize such information.
Xavain

Post Posted: Sun May 04, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject:

While redundancy is an isue I was more talking about things not on the list, or st least not on a list Ive seen. Like aeoro or isaisae stone and whatever else I may not even know about. Also, while true not everyone will want to memorizematerials with a central list for player & GM they wouldn't have to, just check the list as needed.
 Back to top »
HR-Kaelin

Post Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject:

It's going to take a while, but I'm working on a list now.
Xavain

Post Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject:

HR-Kaelin wrote:
It's going to take a while, but I'm working on a list now.

Woot! Thanks much.
 Back to top »
HR-Kaelin

Post Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:10 am    Post subject:

Update: Still working on the list along with...well, a lot of stuff. You won't see it for a bit, but the list is going to be integrated in the game, available (hopefully) at a command.
Xavain

Post Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject:

HR-Kaelin wrote:
Update: Still working on the list along with...well, a lot of stuff. You won't see it for a bit, but the list is going to be integrated in the game, available (hopefully) at a command.

Ooo commandage. Even better. Thanks Kaelin.
 Back to top »
HR-Xaiseiri
Technician Guru

Post Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Just an FYI, there is a book in the libraries with most of the metals in it. It is not a recently updated version but it should give you a basic idea. Very Happy

They are also for purchase at Captain Muja's Library on Chodako!
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » HR materials
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: