Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Clothing shop
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Eolai » Clothing shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kelasa

Post Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:13 pm    Post subject: Clothing shop

Now am I then only one that thinks a few of the items in the new Eolai shop are downright corny? Violet and orange, what a nightmarish fashion mixup.. If Lumis is supposed to be of ceremonial or religious concent for Eolai, shouldn't it be more elegant?

My two bits,
Kelasa

PS Maybe ask for some design ideas from those of us who play an Eolai.
HR-Arden

Post Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 11:39 pm    Post subject:

Kelasa,

I am not sure exactly how you meant it, but some of things you have said came off as being extremely rude and disrespectful. A colleague of mine worked very hard on that shop, and they did their best to cater to everyones fashion sense. Please understand that not everyone has the same tastes as you.

Feel free to make suggestions, but do not put down the work of others.

Arden
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Beau
The Good Fairy

Post Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:41 am    Post subject:

Actually, its funny that you should mention this. When some of the staff were reviewing the items for the shop we all had mixed reactions to some of them. The reactions ranged from sheer horror to...woah, I want one!

Regarding Eolai religion: lumis silk takes a long time to prepare from the time its harvested on the Isle of Lli just off the coast of Esia until its spun into thread and finally woven into cloth and tailered into garments that can be worn. While all lumis silk starts out a shade of white, pure white lumis silk is the rarest of all. It takes twice the effort of any other color to prepare. Colored lumis silk is always dyed using natural ingredients. Once dyed, lumis silk holds its color for years without fading. The garments usually invoke some sort of natural imagery or abstract design.

At one point in time, lumis silk was worn only by members of the Eolai religious orders. In time it became something that the Eolai people wore, as a race, to religious functions. And now to modern times....its a garment worn by the Eolai, with respect to nature and their environment. Picking out a piece of lumis silk for yourself or for an Eolai friend or relative should have great meaning. A piece should speak something about the wearer's personality and beliefs. And let's face it, even among the Eolai we all have different beliefs and personalities.

On a side note, there are plans in the works for a shop or two that will sell rotating stock on a themed basis using designs submitted by players.
If there is one thing in the world that I know, love conquers all, it trancends time and space, defies all odds, and can bring you back from the darkness, it is the guiding light that helps bring you in from the rough stormy seas of life, and it remains even after you have gone.
~ Adam ~

www.angeluserratus.net
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kelasa

Post Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:43 am    Post subject:

Sorry I didnae mean to sound rude prolly shoulda waited til I was having a better day to post. My apologies. I'll think of some ideas, specially some skirt which i would like tae see and there aren't any there. Maybe some more conservative pants in single colors.

Kelasa
BlueEyes

Post Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 11:29 pm    Post subject:

So where is this shop anyways? I've been out of game for a few days. Seems I've missed a ton. lol
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Eolai » Clothing shop
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: