FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Exoskeletons
Goto page Previous  1, 2
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » Exoskeletons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject:

dragonseyes wrote:
P.S. When all is said and done, I would accept cybernetics that DIDN'T chop parts of my body off. I don't care about the Essence thing, I'm a medic.

If you're roleplaying it as your character just not liking cybernetics, that's another issue entirely. You may just want your character to look into acquiring more enchanted items for the time being. Or just have your character get over it. Razz

While Exoskeletons in HR are (AFAIK) planned to be another thing, the idea of some kind of non-surgical tech boosting your stats doesn't sound like a terrible idea. Maybe having it work based on electronics or the cyberware usage [n]skill sorta like how enchanted items will be based on Arcane Artifact Usage [n]skill.
dragonseyes

Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Fair enough Soundless. However, I'm not gonna be gettin over having pieces chopped offa me as anything but icky. It's a very deep and un getoverable feeling. Thanks for the advice though.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject:

dragonseyes wrote:
Fair enough Soundless. However, I'm not gonna be gettin over having pieces chopped offa me as anything but icky. It's a very deep and un getoverable feeling. Thanks for the advice though.

You or your character? I'm sure I'd hate getting my own limbs cut off also, but Yaru fell into peer pressure because he's impressionable.
Denavae
Lookit the flowers!

Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject:

The easy answer to non-tech boosters ... :

Revolutionary, Mind-altering Eolaish drugs.

Or Alterian. I'm sure the lil' bastards have something good they aren't sharing.

BoonDock Saints wrote:
When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Denavae wrote:

Revolutionary, Mind-altering Eolaish drugs.

Or Alterian. I'm sure the lil' bastards have something good they aren't sharing.

Medics should make back-alley hyposprays.
dragonseyes

Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Denavae wrote:

Non Tech???? Funny, I don't remember being Anti Tech. Just Anti Dismemberment......
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Denavae
Lookit the flowers!

Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject:

They should be able to "steal" stuff from the hospital, too. Pain relievers which make the user practically immune to combat wounds ... but bleeds like a bitch in heat when hit hard enough.

Or how 'bout some drugs that increase mental/magic abilities but become so addictive that one needs to constantly take it or suffer horrendous negatives to stats, skills, or health.

Or, or, how 'bout a type of adrenaline that can be injected into someone by a medic that gives a boost to agility and agility-dependent skills but has the potential to seriously screw with vitality and health in general depending on the dosage and how often it's used.

Or chlorofoam to knock people unconcious. Or some type of neural inhibitors akin to ferronieres (and perhaps make them possible to shove down people's throats so they can't use telepathy?) that last between 15-30 minutes or so per pill dependant on vitality. But in this case, the higher the vitality score, the shorter the duration.

And since we all like to act out suicidal tendencies once in awhile (just kidding, I hope) we could even have special, extremely profane death messages for popping too many. That would be funny.

And Dragonseyes, I really meant non-surgical. I was reading Soundless' post where he put Non-surgical tech and accidentally switched them.

BoonDock Saints wrote:
When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints.
 Back to top »
dragonseyes

Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Denavae wrote:
And Dragonseyes, I really meant non-surgical. I was reading Soundless' post where he put Non-surgical tech and accidentally switched them.

Cool. Heh, I need more sleep. Good night!!
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject:

Denavae wrote:
Or chlorofoam to knock people unconcious.

sounds like a totally awesome agent poison Very Happy
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
Denavae wrote:

Or an existing Guardian ability. Wink

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
soundless wrote:
Denavae wrote:

Or an existing Guardian ability. Wink

hey an existing agent ability, too Razz just needs to trigger more often!
Tao

Post Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject:

Possible idea is to have non-trooper exo's and trooper exo's where the trooper issued exo's have a way better boost. Like how we have it now for the cyber gear. Maybe even have it so that troopers with the smartlink work with the exo's. Have the trooper exo's jackable to it. Heh or maybe have an input jack put in the back of your head.
Deathwatchz
Korell Ventril

Post Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject:

The concept of making exoskeletal enhancements as a replacement for cybergear seems repetetive to me. I could understand having it for certain professions, as a replacement for specific tricks, such as a strength/agility enhancement to give to a mage, so he doesnt lose essence, but for it to replace cybernetics entirely even with new pros and cons seems like putting effort into redundant systems. In all honesty, even the mages running around with an exoskeleton doesnt seem right to me.
On the other hand, I would be interested should it be made into a special armor type. It'd be cool to see troopers tromping around in an exoskeleton, maybe givin it a bonus to pulse, with aiming computers built into the armor, and strength, from the servo motors in the joints and such. etc. etc. Same suggestions as others.
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » Exoskeletons
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: