FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
New Psionic Power Suggestion
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Psionics » New Psionic Power Suggestion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Denavae
Lookit the flowers!

Post Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: New Psionic Power Suggestion

After witnessing a friend of mine play "Prey", I got the idea that it would be neat to be able to project a psion's spirit via Psychic Projection. Not sure how this would work, but I was thinking that a psion could project his/her spirit to a memorized location, or possibly a person, so that they could interact with the environment or person.

Furthering the thought, I think it would be necessary to cast Trance before projection. This way it helps with the focus drain for the spell, which is constant, so long as you're walking outside your body. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to use other powers while in spirit form, but if your spirit was to become damaged, it would deal nerve damage to the body. The power would also leave your body completely vulnerable, so it would be best to use projection in a secure location.

So:

The power would allow a character to leave their body, and walk around as a "ghostly" person. (ex, Also here is a ghostly image of Denavae DeVries)
It would allow basic interaction with people/things. Examples: look, gaze, glance, glower, glare, touch, get, tend, etc. (of course, if GETting objects, they would have to be on the floor and light. I would think this as more of telekinesis then anything else. I wouldn't imagine a ghost could buy anything, or carry a heavy object for long distances. For example, a spirit might go pick up a pen from the donation bin and take it back to the psion on jareya, but not a mace. But the spirit could take the mace to the psion in their home in Llanfair from Cloud Court.)

If necessary, a psion could use this power to aid a fellow adventurer by projecting his spirit to their location and allowing the use of offensive/defensive powers for their aid.

If the spirit form becomes damaged, the damage is relayed back to the psion's physical shell in the form of nervous damage.

The psion's physical body is left completely vulnerable negating any defensive saves.

That's as far as I've gotten as of right now. I think it would be nifty, though.

BoonDock Saints wrote:
When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints.
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Psionics » New Psionic Power Suggestion
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: