FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Wiv Festival
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Role-playing & Socialization » Wiv Festival
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Denavae
Lookit the flowers!

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject:

The ONLY complaint I can even think of would be the auction. I know you ladies wanted a surprise with the outcome, but the choices could definitely have been worded differently to portray that it was a pre-designed weapon. I, and probably a few others, assumed that we were bidding on a voucher, or custom work of our design. But I'm happy now, especially since Nithak worked his magic on it and created an exotic zvudrtol for me.

Other then that, I absolutely loved the RP and hope that we'll be able to see Bryanne and Nithak again soon. The skating rink was cool too, and I think Wei's disco should have one (if it doesn't already). Snowballs were a laugh a minute, and being able to duck behind things was awesome! The chocellowers were my personal favorite and it gave Vae a chance to cook up a storm. Also, all the different merchants was a big plus.

Now, since I know this is winter-themed, but we definitely need to get those sculptures out into the world. I was thinking it would be neat to be able to buy or forage up different stones, fuse them together, and create those sculptures and more! It wouldn't surprise me in the least for Yaru to sculpt a few benches, or chairs, or even a masterful throne for his little artisan rear.

Anyways, that's all I got for now. Thanks for all the wonderful work!!

~`<@

Vae's Puppet Master.

BoonDock Saints wrote:
When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject:

I agree with D on the silent auction. I thought was I bidding on a customized weapon, too. Not that it's the end of the world, but the wordings made it sound like they were customize in the sense of "we'll do some alteration for you" more than "customized as in they're unique"

But that's hardly the end of the world.

While Yaru doesn't train sculpting, things like those ice sculptures and the possibility of more furniture in the future sure does give a good argument for him to do so.
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject:

RE: Future suggestions

I'm still crossing my fingers for Oserland. I'll submit my design ideas.
Inside an intricately beaded twilight black suede corset with hot pink lacings you see a buttery nipple, a buttery nipple, a steaming pile of gamojab poop, a speckled red crab, a chocolate chip brownie, a map of Haelrahv, a huge blonde hair ball, a severed Haidee head, and your boobs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
HR-Hannah

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Haidee wrote:

Yeah, just "no"
Denavae
Lookit the flowers!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:06 am    Post subject:

For all interested, this wonderful piece of work by Miyako (I think) is the weapon that was offered at the auction. It -used- to be bladed, but due to some technical difficulties (like Vae knowing squat about bladed), it was changed to exotic.

Code:

A gleaming zvudrtol trailing newly-budded sirolei ivy from the hilt

In a tribute to springtime, this classic Darjuan sword has been polished to a razor edge and decorated with some magically-preserved sirolei ivy.  The ivy itself remains in a constant state of budding, looking forever youthful and fresh.

Brandish:
Denavae DeVries raises his zvudrtol high overheard, point aimed at a distant spot in front of him. Dropping the sword behind him in a slash that nearly sweeps the ground, he then carries through to his starting position. How daunting!

Code:
You carefully look over a gleaming zvudrtol trailing newly-budded sirolei ivy from the hilt.
It cannot be worn.
Use of this weapon in melee combat requires proficiency in the exotic weapons skill.
This weapon requires one hundred twenty trainings in the appropriate skill to wield properly.
You are certain it is of remarkable quality and workmanship.
This weapon is unsuited for use in underwater environments.

This weapon is not suitable for blunt attacks.
This weapon is not suitable for piercing attacks.
This weapon is capable of doing good slashing damage.
This weapon cannot be fired.

It looks as though it would be manageable at melee range.
It looks as though it cannot be used at pole range.
It looks as though it cannot be used at pilum range.
It looks as though it cannot be used at missile range.

This weapon requires one hand to wield.
You are unable to determine if it is poisoned.
You think a gleaming zvudrtol trailing newly-budded sirolei ivy from the hilt is basically worthless.
Roundtime: 6 sec.

By your best estimates, a gleaming zvudrtol trailing newly-budded sirolei ivy from the hilt weighs roughly between 9 and 10 pounds.

So, in the end, I got a beautifully altered hooksword with a rather impressive brandish to it.

BoonDock Saints wrote:
When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject:

Denavae wrote:
Code:
You think a gleaming zvudrtol trailing newly-budded sirolei ivy from the hilt is basically worthless.

i noticed this with the alchemy auction, as well. with what the winners paid for these things, part of me thinks they should have a bit more value added to their appraisal. that poor pestle Wei has only apps at $15 and it's solid diamond or something!

Also, I wonder if that sword only has a unique brandish attached to it. Wei's pestle does some pretty cool stuff that doesn't show up in a SENSE.
Denavae
Lookit the flowers!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Hmm. I've tried a bunch of different verbs already with nothing to show for 'em, but I'll keep looking. Mebbe it's some little used verbage or something.

BoonDock Saints wrote:
 Back to top »
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject:

HR-Hannah wrote:
Haidee wrote:

Yeah, just "no"

Who asked you?
Inside an intricately beaded twilight black suede corset with hot pink lacings you see a buttery nipple, a buttery nipple, a steaming pile of gamojab poop, a speckled red crab, a chocolate chip brownie, a map of Haelrahv, a huge blonde hair ball, a severed Haidee head, and your boobs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
HR-Hannah

Post Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Haidee wrote:
HR-Hannah wrote:
Haidee wrote:

Yeah, just "no"

Who asked you?

Regardless of how smartassed you are, still no.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Denavae wrote:
Hmm. I've tried a bunch of different verbs already with nothing to show for 'em, but I'll keep looking. Mebbe it's some little used verbage or something.

Wei's item didn't have any special verbs or anything revealed in the SENSE, but it is a much better version of what it is. not saying your item works the same way (or has more than just remarkable quality + a cool look/tap/brandish), just that the GMs didn't make Wei's thing magical because the materials themselves made it better. it might be fun to test it out in battle and see if it does anything better just due to the way it's constructed.

HR-Hannah wrote:
Haidee wrote:
HR-Hannah wrote:
Haidee wrote:

Yeah, just "no"

Who asked you?

Regardless of how smartassed you are, still no.

This calls for Haidee to turn her trailerpark into an 'Osers version of Graceland
Denavae
Lookit the flowers!

Post Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Soundless wrote:
Wei's item didn't have any special verbs or anything revealed in the SENSE, but it is a much better version of what it is. not saying your item works the same way (or has more than just remarkable quality + a cool look/tap/brandish), just that the GMs didn't make Wei's thing magical because the materials themselves made it better. it might be fun to test it out in battle and see if it does anything better just due to the way it's constructed.

I've tried it in battle and there doesn't seem to be anything special about it, though I can't say I've seen any unique death messages. So I'm rather sure it's just a unique weapon with a nice look/tap and brandish.

BoonDock Saints wrote:
 Back to top »
dragonseyes

Post Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject:

Can we get another Ice Skating Rink? Or should I just get rid of my ice Skates?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Role-playing & Socialization » Wiv Festival
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: