FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
So.. yea, I figured I'd post again.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Guardians » So.. yea, I figured I'd post again.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Galeth Lothain
Er, der wahr ist

Location: That one place with that one town with that one house on that one street

Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject:

So where exactly is all this disciple stuff? What Darju vs Alteri disciple? Because it would kind of be conflicting to have both disciples and guardians then. :X I always thought they were just followers. Feh.

Galeth Lothain

"Anybody can become angry, that is easy; but to be angry with the right person, and to the right degree, and at the right time, and for the right purpose, and in the right way, that is not within everybody's power, that is not easy"
--Aristotle
 Back to top »
HR-Marcus

Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject:

I did not see the Darju vs. Alteri stuff either. I understand completely the conflict between disciples and guardians. There does need to be a strong differentiation between the 2 professions that is more than RP if either is going to be attractive to the players.

I am not sure where Disciples stand at this point, but we will need to get with the Disciple guru and has out these points.
 Back to top »
Galeth Lothain
Er, der wahr ist

Location: That one place with that one town with that one house on that one street

Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject:

To be honest I didn't even know Disciple would even be a profession.. what would they get? Is there REALLY gonna be a disciple profession? In any case.. I don't see disciples being very battle ready, Guardian's however I do see, so maybe..

Think of it as a different type of holy warrior maybe? Guardian's get the combat bestowings and Disciples get the knowledge and other skills/stats that combatants don't? Just an idea..

Other than combat there has to be another difference..but I can't figure out a decent enough difference.

Galeth Lothain

"Anybody can become angry, that is easy; but to be angry with the right person, and to the right degree, and at the right time, and for the right purpose, and in the right way, that is not within everybody's power, that is not easy"
--Aristotle
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject:

To use traditional RPG examples, Guardians are similar in feel to Monks and Disciples are like Clerics. However, Disciples won't be stealing healing thunder from Medics. Not to say they won't have -any- healing, either.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Galeth Lothain wrote:
So where exactly is all this disciple stuff? What Darju vs Alteri disciple?

event part one
event part two
epol
Self-Proclaimed Crown Jewel

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Besides the RPing possibilities, Guardians do not really have a way or reason to communicate with the Gods. I haven't heard much on the Disciple front, but this has always been a bit of an undefined area since the idea of Disciples were introduced. With Guardians really being more of a self centered sort of profession, I am assuming that Disciples will have a more integrated role with the Gods.

The 'knockout' move is a way for Guardians to restore some order to a situation and I hope that they will be able to help Troopers in some way in the future. I really like this move, since it sort of supports the definition of Guardians as peace keepers.

The wards have been interesting to experiment with, though Epol has been whipped up on pretty bad even by low level critters after casting a ward and being stunned. It's hard to tell what kind of effect you are really having on a critter though. You cast it, are stunned, and pray that whoever you are with (normally someone fighting above their leve, i.e. the reason you use the ward to help them) can keep the beasts off you until you are unstunned. I'm not sure if I have seen a way to tell the impact on the critters or when the ward might have worn off.

We probably will need to wait for Disciples to be born before the differences between the 2 can be fully understood.
 Back to top »
epol
Self-Proclaimed Crown Jewel

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Any further thoughts on Guardians vs. Disciples?

I'd love to understand the differences; when Disciples are coming; how to best RP the Guardian role vs. what is planned for the Disciples; or maybe even consider changing my character to a Disciple if they prove more interesting.

thanks
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject:

No updates yet, there's too much going on at once!

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Guardians » So.. yea, I figured I'd post again.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: