FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Tracker merchant tents
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Trackers » Tracker merchant tents
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Tao wrote:
He could have just said that because Valla created it and she's gone, it would take awhile to go through it and fix any problems with it.

The problem with it is that Valla created it and her things have ceased to be, now and forever. I'm not touching any further explanation of this one with a fifty foot pole.
Moka

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Just because Vella is gone her shop is closed? Haenim or whoever did the mercs ship..he's gone...it's open.
Trooper shop was done by Morrigan but she has moved to a different profession I believe, so lets close that shop...yeah makes sense.
The hostility on these forums is really out of hand...and yes I am guilty of it myself at times.
But just saying "I'm god and I say no!" isn't very mature. Saying something Like sorry at this time the shop will not be reopened for I feel it has game-breaking items inside and do not want them in game until I can review them might have been a better?
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject:

Tao wrote:
Is there someone that we could have a meeting with to maybe discuss the future of Trackers if not you? I know before(in the older posts on the boards) you had mentioned a few GMs that were working on Tracker stuff but now these people have either left or have been reassigned to other issues.

I don't mind holding a Tracker meeting just to sort of get our bearings and get thoughts on things. I can't promise anything substantial will come from it immediately, but I'd like to hear what sort of thoughts our Trackers have. I'll give that more thought.

Inaira wrote:
Too bad us trackers were led to believe it would be restocked then.

Hell, I'd be happy just to talk to the tracker merchant that just stands there.

If it sounded like I was guaranteeing the shop would be reopened, I certainly didn't intend as much. I have no idea what's actually in this shop, if the items are something I consider still appropriate, if the pricing is correct, etc. I also don't know what Mickey's objection to the shop is - yet.

Tao wrote:
That really sucks man. If you have no intention of reopening them you might as well shut down the other profession only shops in the game.

Huh? Are you serious?

Tao wrote:
I've posted many times about how HARVEST is broken and it has yet to be fixed.

I believe it's intentionally disabled, not broken. Something to do with justice, which is pretty close to done.

------------

Now, just in general I have a couple of things to say.

I can understand why people are wondering what the post from Mickey really means, why it's stated that way, and I'll check into that and see what the deal is. But, please, don't jump to conclusions. Unless it's a post from me personally, nothing you see is written in stone - and even *I* change my mind sometimes.

Secondly, re: Trackers. Yeah, there's lots of cool untapped potential for Trackers, yeah there's lots of talents they have that are in the form of bonuses or non-unique abilities, but I think that perhaps the value of these things are being a bit overlooked. I have a hard time believing these bonuses and abilities like the teleport circles have no value to Trackers. I know that plenty of professions would love to have ANY teleportation ability.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:53 am    Post subject:

Thankyou for considering a meeting with the trackers .I personally was beginning to think we are a forgotten profession. I understand we have no official guru at present and that you have many other things to work on but we really do need to know in which way the tracker profession is going Twisted Evil
HR-Hannah

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject:

I know this isn't much consolation but I have several systems in the works that require Tracker and Artisan cooperation. Also one that meshes Trackers with another profession. I've been trying to logically mix Trackers in with system ideas I have on my plate BECAUSE they don't have a guru and I understand your frustration.

We could use a meeting for each profession, for sure and I'll leave the decision on those professions with gurus up to said guru. As for Artisans, I plan to hold one soon and it will be public, not Artisan only for the reasons I stated above. I'd love to hear more ideas regarding the professions working together.
 Back to top »
HR-Hannah

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject:

Double posts suck but...

As per news 193:
[10.24.07] All items in the tracker only path on Echak have been
restocked. Some prices increased, some bonuses reduced, but all
were restocked in a generous number. The items are still limited,
but as long as Trackers don't hoarde/buy tons, there should be
plenty for each Tracker who is interested.

I had to raise prices, and do a little bonus tweaking (which was the issue with reopening them) but the tents are open again.
 Back to top »
Xavain

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject:

Very nice stuff, thanks for working on them Hannah. And so quickly as well. I bought a few things already. *grins* Turns out I knew where it was just not that those closed up tents were tracker shops or that the path was tracker only.
 Back to top »
Tao

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject:

Thank you Hannah for the snippets. I really do appreciate that there are plans in the making for trackers. Thanks to all the GMs involved in those projects. Thanks for getting the tent re-opened.

Trevor, I wasn't serious about that comment I made about closing the other profession only shops down. I was just very upset with Mickey's comment. I wouldnt want anything bad for the other professions. As far as HARVEST being disabled, I don't really understand why that would be connected to the Justice System unless trying to get the poison gland off a critter is against the law but since the Justice System is almost complete, I can wait. Those tracker abilities and the circles do have value to us and I use the circles all the time. So there aren't overlooked to me. Most of the time before I go in to hunt khaz, I juice up with survivals. Anyways, thanks for letting us know that you are willing to meet up with us. Dregs, pick a time. Heh.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject:

After discussing this with Mickey, it sounds like there was a big misunderstanding. Mickey is the person the reopening of the shop would naturally fall to, and he's just got way too much on his plate to be playing with shops, to be blunt. But, it wasn't intended to come across as if no other staff could or would take on that issue.

As for the poison glands, it is something to do with the poison and justice, yes, and it's been disabled long enough I doubt it really matters at this point with justice approaching.

I wasn't sure if you were serious about closing down other shops or not.. I've seen some pretty... radical concepts tossed out here by various people in the name of promoting Trackers, some of which do blatantly attempt to nerf another profession to boost Trackers, or others that sound like they would ultimately hurt the Tracker profession more than help.

Back to top »
ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject:

thankyou for a the snippets on what may be coming soon. I would also love to see trackers and other professions working alongside one another complimenting and improving each other professions. hopefully an end to the petty bickering that goes on amongst professions .

I too must apologise for my/dregs grouchyness of late I feel that the community spirit of how we all where has lost itself in amongst the fight for individual attainments and the privacy of our homes.

thanks for the reopening of merchant tents i know it has made at least one tracker very happy Twisted Evil

.footnote: Tao you arrange the meet time ...... for one your bigger than me and for two you live in a normal timezone Evil or Very Mad
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject:

FYI, just given our relatively small community and my relatively difficult schedule at times, I'll probably just announce a meeting date and time, give plenty of notice and invite more than one profession to discuss their concerns. I'll announce something soon, probably for Trackers and Agents combined.

Back to top »
Moka

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject:

I just want to say WOW. Thanks for opening the tents back up....you must have worked very hard, very fast to open it so soon. Thank you!
It's much more, much faster then I expected. Thank you for the time you sent doing such a wonderful thing for us trackers.
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject:

Yep, a big thank you to all involved in the restocking of the tracker tents!! Just curious does anyone know if some of those items are still level based to use? I don't recall which ones they might have been anymore.

Thanks again!
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Trackers » Tracker merchant tents
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: