FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Account upgrades
Goto page Previous  1, 2
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » Account upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Denavae wrote:
PS: I also believe the explorer, famed and what not packages were a Promotional period deal meant for "new players" but still allowing for "Long-term" players to purchase one as well.

yepyep, but there was never a "this deal ends on X" put into effect. if it isn't around still i'll just end up buying another year on both of my accounts. no biggie. Wink
Denavae
Lookit the flowers!

Post Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Don't hold me to it, but I'm pretty sure it isn't. I vaguely recall assisting up about it at one point in time and being told that it was ended, but other promotions would be forthcoming.

BoonDock Saints wrote:
When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints.
 Back to top »
Moka

Post Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject:

The only reason I disagree with the IG alterations from merchants as you describe it is the same people that get alterations from the first second and third merchants will basicly be the same people...those who find them first or get there first....no way of ensuring that everyone will get a chance at an alteration if their time is so limited.......by having a champion account everyone that buys it will get what they want within reason.....I am not saying do away with merchants....but they are so few and far between those of us that don't play everyday of the year miss them....
And besides Merchants can do verbed items and special enhanced items so they will still be looked for and wanted.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Moka, it really just sounds like you want to get stuff without having to actually play the game.

While I fully agree with your feelings that people's real lives and real issues and real concerns should take a lot more importance over an online game, that's still not a good reason to just make everything easily accessible so those people who, admittedly, don't play the game that much. Not everyone should get things if they don't play the game.

I kinda agree with Denavae's point now that it was made. I would rather the time GMs would take to do these kinds of mail-order alterations instead be used toward things like that being done ICly.

Beyond that, I have rarely seen any alterer in my entire time here in HR not make sure that everyone who got something get what they wanted done. The alterers who say things like "I am only doing things for three people and three people only" are very few and far in between.

As a word of encouragement, I've had three of my four characters mistaken for GMNPCs. Ironically, those three are the ones who have/had absolutely no altered items when people thought so. There are plenty of items out there that are rarely used by other players which can give your character a unique look and feel. I am also quite sure there are Artisans out there who will gladly make you clothing to better enhance your character's persona.
Moka

Post Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject:

I would really like to respond to your post but no matter what I say or how I put it you and a few others will just flame me for what you think is whining. I just made a suggestion I feel would be fair all the way around and see no reason to make it personal.
Giving people that do not have as much time to play as some and can not afford the explore package a chance to get minor alterations through a champion account IMHO would be a great idea.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:06 am    Post subject:

My thoughts -

I'm not particularly against the concept of a new account type that charges more, but includes alterations each month. But, it would have some specific disclaimers:

- Only cosmetic alterations, not even addition of "pockets" or storage capacity unless it's a very common feature and a common amount (i.e. if you ask for a backpack made from scratch, it would have a common amount of storage as if store-bought at a low price.)

- Use it or lose it. If you don't contact the staff via email a given month for your alteration, you can't save that alteration and ask for it later. Of course, any requests made during the subscription month would be honored, even if they were delayed past the billing cycle, because the request itself was made on time.

Otherwise, absolutely no exceptions. If you pay six months for the benefit of alterations but never request any, you're out of luck. This is to avoid staff being swamped by a ton of alterations at once and to avoid the headache of tracking a pool of alterations.

- Alterations would be done in a way that minimizes staff usage. That is, contact via email and in game text messages back and forth if needed, delivery via an IC mechnic, but no use of merchant characters, no RP, etc.

- No refunds for accounts mistakenly left uncanceled, alterations not requested, or requests supposedly lost in email. Unless we have a verifyable interruption of email service that could cause a major issue, it's on the player to ensure we've received the request.

Now under those guidelines, it would be fine and not get out of hand. The extra income would certainly be welcome. To be perfectly blunt about it, I'm much more for a new account type than a credit you can buy on the site, simply because it will raise game income more and work the staff less - people DO waste opportunities, like buy subscriptions and use only bits and pieces of them (hey, try getting this kind of honesty from any other company <g>). Those who are adamant about getting their money's worth can easily do so by keeping up with their accounts.

And yes, the BAF packages Yaru mentioned are indeed still available.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Denavae
Lookit the flowers!

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Moka wrote:
The only reason I disagree with the IG alterations from merchants as you describe it is the same people that get alterations from the first second and third merchants will basicly be the same people...those who find them first or get there first....no way of ensuring that everyone will get a chance at an alteration if their time is so limited.......by having a champion account everyone that buys it will get what they want within reason.....I am not saying do away with merchants....but they are so few and far between those of us that don't play everyday of the year miss them....
And besides Merchants can do verbed items and special enhanced items so they will still be looked for and wanted.

Unfortunately, I don't really agree with this, either, Smoka. It's usually NOT the same people over, and over, and over again. Of all the merchants I've been to in game, they usually -only- end up doing about six or seven alterations, EVEN IF THEY INTENDED TO DO MUCH MORE. Why you ask? Because not everyone will want a new article of clothing that day, or a new fluff item here, or what have you. I think the last alterer I went to was a home decor person who only had three or four hits. There are some people who are there every single time, and I will admittedly say that I'm one of those people. But I don't always get something done unless I know my character can use it. I take Vae to those impromptu parties as a way to RP with a wide variety of people, and, maybe, get something done. And another thing to remember ... Alterations cost money. Continous strings of merchants who come around will undoubtedly decrease PC levels of money lying around and not everyone will want to go to a merchant because they recently spend 500k on the last two alterers.

Also, if you had read my post fully, you would have seen this.

I wrote:
For those who couldn't make the list of a certain SPC, they could always ask for a voucher that entitles them to a session with the SPC upon their next visit. Sure, it might take a little bribery, but what's a game without roleplay?

This could be a way to ENSURE the someone who just didn't make it in time could get a session next time the SPC was available. I'm not saying every merchant would do this, and they probably wouldn't hand out four or five of them, but just perhaps you could slip them a little money or promise a big tip and get one.

But hey, that's just how I feel on the subject.

BoonDock Saints wrote:
When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I have to say with the last few alterers around, Yaru never has really gone to any of them. At the Loshei festival the only thing I had him to go was the charm person and the person who made certain items wearable (and I think I was the only person to even go to that dude... because no one wanted anything non-wearable that could be made worn according to those rules wearable).
zamde
Maestro

Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:02 am    Post subject:

Still holding out for the purchase-experience option.

Dixie Pierce says, "I heard Zamde can't have kids cause she lactates poison."

[Telepathy] Yaru Dex projects: I thought Zamde doesn't have kids because her womb is full of aisobs.

You can't spell "slaughter" without 'laughter'.

Llanfair Anti-Cyber Brigade Member #0000
 Back to top »
ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject:

I have never seen a problem with alterations and merchants sometimes ive been lucky enough to find/win a voucher or sitting other occasions ive not been around at the time merchants/alterations where .

on occasions ive had to leave befor my slot on a merchant list would have come up other times i missed out completely but on every occasion i have either sent email or a polite request via report asking if i could get so and so altered on every occasion i have had a response of when would be best time to get so and so altered and if it couldnt be done the reason why Twisted Evil

I play at weird times and recently i have hardly been playing at all but when i have i have found the gms and other pcs try to involve me in whatever event is happening at the time .

gms try and make our experiences in HR good experiences and they try to treat us all fairly if I feel im missing out on something a polite request to be involved doesnt go un-noticed. Twisted Evil

I would not like to see pay for merchants/alterations for me personally being on a small budget I would definately feel left out and also I feel that would put pressure on gms to produce results to a timeline so diminishing everyones funtime Twisted Evil but thats only my oppinion Twisted Evil
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » Account upgrades
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: