FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Surfin'!
Goto page Previous  1, 2
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » Surfin'!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Denavae
Lookit the flowers!

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject:

LOL I just think it's a cliche, but funny as hell to emulate. I've never heard any surfers I've been around talk like that.

BoonDock Saints wrote:
When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints.
 Back to top »
tygerwulf
Teh Pink Assassin.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject:

*I* talk like that. Unfortunately I don't surf. Hard to find anywhere to surf in New Mexico.
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:57 am    Post subject:

Surfing! I'm so still hoping it's something that is a possiblity. I'd love to have my board airbrushed by an artisan or have them make decals. It'd be fun to make board, whether it's a longboard, short, or skimmer, kind of like making spellbooks. I don't know if HR has a foam like substance, but that'd work for me, carving, similar to bow making .

As far as surfing goes, if we're still using Nskills, I suppose swimming would be appropo. As Den said earlier, working the wave would be ideal, even paddling out should take effort, strength, etc.

Thanks ya'all,
Denavae
Lookit the flowers!

Post Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject:

Since she doesn't want to go into particulars ...

We talked together for about an hour and a half prior to these posts and came up with a very detailed plan of the board making. Since she went to bed, I'm taking the liberty of going into it all.

First off, you need to get a block of foam. I think IG with Jade and Inaira I suggested insulator foam from the airships shaped into blocks. For the purpose of this post, we'll stick with that idea until a more appropriate IG material can be used.

So, you have the block, now you have to CUT it to shape. Syntax being CUT FOAM INTO SURFBOARD. Then after a lengthy roundtime, you have a basic shape formed. Call it "a rough surfboard form". Next step is to take that form and SHAVE it into a more precise shape. Syntax being SHAVE FORM INTO LONGBOARD/SHORTBOARD. After you've finished the lengthy roundtime for that one (perhaps have it as multiple steps? Four-ten steps dependent on skill?) you have "a roughly-formed longboard".

Next, you would find goombarae resin (either storebought or Tracker gatherable) and COAT LONGBOARD WITH RESIN. Quickly, before it dries, you lay down a thin layer of "gheflif fabric" (think of it as fiberglass in material form). After your roundtime, you apply another coat of resin and a second sheet of the fabric, followed by a third and final coating of resin. Then, you would sand and polish the final coating of resin to produce a high sheen and "a semi-complete longboard".

Finally, after a lengthy amount of time, you are almost finished! The final steps include adhering deck pads and fins to finish it off.

While you can take this board surfing, and are essentially done, there is still another step to take! An artisan (with a tech made gadget) can then airbrush a pre-designed design on your surfboard to personalize it! Inaira and I believe this could be done similar to the ishaiak tattoos, just on objects instead of people. You buy airbrushing scrolls of various designs, study them, then paint them on the things.

So that's it! You have now completed :

Code:
A deep blue longboard with a stunning design of cresting waves on it!

Congrats!

But is this all? NO!

You can also create HR's version of 'boogie boards' (I would suggest changing the name) and skim boards. Slightly different methods for each one but with the same end project.

Ideas for 'boogie boards': Cut and shave the foam, add resin and deckpads.

Ideas for skim boards: Planed piece of wood, light coating of either varnish, lacquer or the same goombarae resin.

BoonDock Saints wrote:
When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints.
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » Surfin'!
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: