FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Glowing Darju of Doom
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Role-playing & Socialization » Glowing Darju of Doom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RLH

Post Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
You're still 41% right now.

Shar has a hunting backpack and a regular backpack. Right now she is carrying her regular backpack so yes she has burden. She has 0 with the hunting backpack.

"The real issue isnt whether or not there is a morally acceptable amount of sex or violence, the real issue is; how can we put more sex in our violence?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Xavain Gramorham says, "Yet you wanted to marry Mellie."
You hear the voice of Yaru Dex say, "For her MONEY geez! Not her VA****!."
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject:

these boost alignment making them the best things ever
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject:

*Tonight's log of events*

(I cut alot of the player to player rping up until one of GMPC's arrived, but needless to say there was much spellcasting, and weapon readying, as well as lightning the stones arranging themselves into portals)

You hear the voice of Godu Pan say, "Well well..."

You hear the voice of Elwae Fleury say, "Thank you Yaru."

Dixie Pierce says, "I can't. He reists."

Winds begin to increase in intensity about the area, catching particles of dirt, becoming a swirling shadow of debris. The shadow cleaves, leaving Godu Pan standing in the center as the winds dissipate.

Jade Venra casually glances around the area.

Dixie Pierce asks, "Who is that?"

Dixie Pierce says, "Oh."

You suddenly vanish from view!
You carefully search the area and find...
Absolutely nothing.

Jade Venra glances upwards at Godu Pan.

[Llanfair, Northern Road]
The road from Llanfair forks into two roads at this intersection and someone has conveniently placed a large rock here to sit and rest on. A patch of grass and flowers grows around the rock and a small sign has been stuck in the ground nearby.

You also see a small sign, a collection of softly glowing stones, a set of finely-crafted silbein hiwah blocks and a chocolate aiba who is sleeping.
Also here is Occult Student Drak Taiben, Royal Air Colonel Jade Venra, Lawyer Shareen Soshade, Savior Dixie Pierce, Child Prodigy Yaru Dex, Bruiser Zafire Stone, Archer Anyet Alqualonde, and Godu Pan.
It is dark here.
You notice exits leading northeast, south, and northwest.

You see Godu Pan, a Haduroch Wind Agent.
He has fiery orange eyes and an obsidian complexion.
He is bald.
He has a square-jawed face and chiseled skin.
He has a muscular build.
He stands about 10' 7" tall, and seems to be timeless for a Haduroch.
He appears to be feeling ambivalent.

He is not holding anything.
He is wearing a protective aura and some grey robes.

Laying his hands upon the stone, Godu Pan begins to chant an incantation.

Shareen Soshade says, "You shouldnt touch those.."

Yaru Dex squints at Godu Pan.

Shareen Soshade says, "They are dangerous.."

Dixie Pierce begins to lead Shareen Soshade.

You say, "Really shouldn't touch them."

Jade Venra exclaims, "What are you doing?!"

Shareen Soshade says, "Kill him Jade."

Godu Pan says, "Its ok I know what I'm doing."

Shareen Soshade asks, "What exactly are you doing?"

Anyet Alqualonde asks, "How do we know that?"

Godu Pan grins.

You hear the voice of Elwae Fleury say, "I've heard that before."

Jade Venra says, "Leave those stones, now. you have no business here."

hareen Soshade says, "You should leave those closed.."

Zafire Stone puts a dark-bladed katana with a carved aefafe hilt in a red leather thigh sheath embroidered with the broken skull symbol.

Yaru Dex says, "He looks like a Jaddan, but not."

Zafire Stone puts a long-bladed knife with a polished bone handle in a red leather thigh sheath embroidered with the broken skull symbol.

You begin peering at Godu Pan through a muted black sniper scope on a muted black sniper rifle fitted with a sleek black stock.

Zafire Stone gets a series TG23 field rifle with a polished saifbraelsh stock from a midnight black leather backpack embroidered with an elaborate spider with beady eyes in shades of antique white and midnight black.

You feel your shot is ready.

Ghi Kada Gul arrives to confront the tainted corruptor. Raising his ghimra high, he unleashes a jagged spear of lightning toward Godu Pan, who adroitly dodges out of the way and returns with a wind-propelled flurry of throwing knives. It appears to be a roughly even battle, with neither side giving or gaining much ground. The two fighters clash, weapons pressed together.

Shareen Soshade says, "He..."

Ghi Kada Gul roars, "Your dark heart shall not avail your treachery this day, Godu Pan!"

Yaru Dex glances at Ghi Kada Gul.

Yaru Dex glances upwards at Godu Pan.

Dixie Pierce blinks.

afire Stone begins to peer at Godu Pan through a stainless steel red-dot sniper scope on a series TG23 field rifle with a polished saifbraelsh stock.

Stumbling backwards, Godu slips into the shadows around him.

>Dixie Pierce pulls Shareen Soshade closer to her.

Emerging behind Ghi, Godu commands the wind, solidifying it into a multitude of invisible blades while directing it to slice Ghi into pieces.

Dixie Pierce turns to Shareen Soshade and says, "Stay close please."

Shareen Soshade stands next to Dixie Pierce.

Yaru Dex exclaims, "Duck!"

You become one with the shadows and disappear from sight.

Godu Pan catches Ghi Kada Gul off guard momentarily and lands a blow to his arm, but the magician seems undaunted. Pressing the end of his ghimra into the ground near Godu's foot, a quick blast of air loosens the ground and causes the dark fighter to briefly lose his footing.

Yaru Dex dives behind a large rock.

Anyet Alqualonde growls.

Both fighters continue to clash without either making headway. Clearly, they are well-matched.

Seemingly from out of the thin air and vapor, Hecta Tagore fades into view.

Hecta Tagore gets a blued-steel katana with a golden handguard and white rayskin-wrapped hilt from a white rayskin scabbard with gold ornamentation at the throat and chape.

Hecta Tagore steps into the room, sword held at the ready. She begins to quickly advance toward Godu with a measured pace. Once within range, she steps forward to deliver a daunting strike! Godu seems to falter for a moment, but recovers and begins to use his knives in a spinning attack. Carefully, Hecta parries the blows aside while guiding the whirling Godu closer toward the softly-glowing stones.

Godu Pan snarls, "Oh of course! Wherever Ghi goes, the little girl must follow!

Hecta Tagore frowns.

[Llanfair, Northern Road]
The road from Llanfair forks into two roads at this intersection and someone has conveniently placed a large rock here to sit and rest on. A patch of grass and flowers grows around the rock and a small sign has been stuck in the ground nearby.

You also see a small sign, a collection of softly glowing stones, a set of finely-crafted silbein hiwah blocks and a chocolate aiba who is sleeping.
Also here is The Fabled Ghi Kada Gul, Occult Student Drak Taiben, Airwalker Hecta Tagore, Royal Air Colonel Jade Venra, Lawyer Shareen Soshade, Savior Dixie Pierce, Child Prodigy Yaru Dex, Bruiser Zafire Stone, Archer Anyet Alqualonde, and Godu Pan.
It is dark here.
You notice exits leading northeast, south, and northwest.

With a burst of extreme magical energy, Ghi crosses his ghimra in front of him and narrows his eyes. An unbelievably strong gale of wind forces Godu back, closer to the portal. The two combatants seem to teeter on the brink of an invisible precipice. Then, with no warning, the gale rises in intensity. Godu begins to stagger. Hecta keeps her guard, waiting for the right moment...

Shareen Soshade gasps.

Godu Pan glares at Hecta Tagore.

Yaru Dex suddenly looks confused.

Shareen Soshade says, "Its impossible."

Planting his ghimra in the ground, Ghi Kada Gul's face suddenly takes on a look of pure rage as his eyes crackle with life, as if a storm were raging within them. His arms sling forward toward Godu Pan and a sudden gust of tornado-like winds rips toward him, sending the howling foe through the stones as they form into an opening with a swirling vortex center. As Godu Pan disappears through the gateway, Ghi Kada Gul's eyes return to normal and he plucks his weapon from the ground.

Yaru Dex turns to Jade Venra and exclaims, "Who do I shoot!"

Ghi Kada Gul shouts, "The time to strike is upon us! Onward, let us destroy the vile Asai and purge their corruption from the Plane of Fire!" With this, he runs toward the portal and leaps forward through it, disappearing into the vortex in the center.

Hecta lowers her sword to a guard position and runs head-on toward the portal. A path opens in her wake.

Dixie Pierce says, "Oh fuckage."

Shareen Soshade says, "They..match the description of Haduroch.."

Yaru Dex yells, "Charge!"

Dixie Pierce says, "There went my planned triage."

Yaru Dex enters a hovering portal surrounded by shifting and softly glowing stones.

Jade Venra says, "Forward."

Jade Venra enters a hovering portal surrounded by shifting and softly glowing stones.

Shareen Soshade says, "But thats not possible..they are legends.."

Dixie Pierce turns to Shareen Soshade and asks, "Coming?"

Shareen Soshade gazes at Dixie Pierce.

Shareen Soshade gulps.

Shareen Soshade nods to Dixie Pierce.

Dixie Pierce says, "Thats a yes."

You enter a hovering portal surrounded by shifting and softly glowing stones.

[The Elemental Plane of Fire, The Stand]
A makeshift encampment fends off infernal invaders in this open stretch under the sky of magma above. Barricades of a strange material, almost resembling petrified wood, form high walls in every direction. One lone opening to the southwest allows access in and out of the encampment. The sounds of battle ring out from that direction; clashing metal and the whoosh of fire punctuated by screams of torment as a blow strikes true.

You also see a guarded gate and a hovering portal surrounded by shifting and softly glowing stones.
Also here is The Fabled Ghi Kada Gul, Airwalker Hecta Tagore, Child Prodigy Yaru Dex, and Royal Air Colonel Jade Venra who is kneeling.
You see no obvious exits here.

Anyet Alqualonde just arrived.

You slip out of hiding.

Dixie Pierce just arrived. Dixie Pierce's group follows her.

You sheathe your sniper rifle in a dull gray Holotek backpack.

You draw forth a lustrous silver-edged etar from your Holotek backpack.
You draw forth a lustrous silver-edged etar from your Holotek backpack.

Zafire Stone just arrived.

You become one with the shadows and disappear from sight.

Anyet Alqualonde gets a classical saifbraelsh repeating crossbow from a shadowy loot bag fastened with a wickedly sharp fang clasp.
You say, "Let's do this."

Yaru Dex hoots loudly to himself.

Jade Venra stands up.

You cackle with glee.

Jade Venra gets a blackened dnuhze with a hoaweisho antler hilt from a textured black karbora scabbard with black stitching.

Jade Venra disbands Zafire Stone from her group.

Jade Venra says, "It is your fight."

Jade Venra gets a lustrous silver-edged etar from a moss green kucho pelt backpack of exceptional craftsmanship.

Yaru Dex charges to the southwest, entering the fray!

Jade Venra peers quizzically at a guarded gate.

You slip out of hiding.

Jade Venra says, "Let us see .."

You hear a male voice yell, "Armies!"

Shareen Soshade says, "Do you realize...."

You charge into the fray, ready to do battle!

[The Elemental Plane of Fire, The Front Line]
A vast expanse of black dust and ash extends around you, corraled only by distant basalt walls. In the distance you can make out volcanic formations erupting regularly with violent streams of magma and ash. Well to the southwest lies a strange sort of encampment that seems to almost resemble a gargantuan obelisk of craggy volcanic rock. Flame bursts from its sides and ash falls down upon the Asai around it, who seem all too content with the arrangement.

All around you, Asai clash with forces of Haelrahv's defenders, as well as lower level troops of the Cuori. While more often than not this clash ends with fiery bone being sundered by the weapon of one the Asai's opponents, occasionally the infernal forces manage to strike down a foe with demonic delight.

You also see an Asai contingent and a Cuori contingent.
You notice an exit leading northeast.
Assassin: That's a good point...The creed is..."Stick them with the pointy end." - Ctrl+Alt+Del parody of Assassin's Creed.
---
TELEPATHY [close]:  Yaru Dex - "Great now you made Mickey cry. Thanks a lot, Seth."
---
Korell Ventril exclaims, "Choo ain no guard! Choo a crackhead!"
 Back to top »
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Now that my log is done. I have a few small annoyances about this system, but other than that It's probably the most enjoyable thing I've taken part of in a while.

1. You can't see how much damage is being done to them, and hitting them in the left arm seems to be as effective as hitting them in the head. They seem to have a constant life force no matter where you attack, this isn't so much an annoyance just me wondering if it's intentional. It would be nice if you could look at the fighters and see where you've hit, just to get an estimation of damage roughly done.

2. They seem to be completely immune to stuns. My backstab does nothing to them but the increased damage. *This* is my biggest annoyance.

3. Not sure if they are immune to poison, or if this was intended or what, but when I went into the area, the poisons from my weapon were wiped completely clean. this is also annoying.

Now, a few suggestions.

1. It would be really helpful if you could look at the contingent and estimate/see how many fighters are left to go.

2. As for the mob drops (The cores and crystals such), it would be cool if each side had like a faction standing, and turning these in increased your standing with that faction, possibly unlocking buffs for yourself while in the area. Or maybe there could be a quartermaster for each side, or just two different people seeking the items the asai/cuori drop, and when you turn in so many of these items you can purchase weapons, potions, clothing, whatever.
Assassin: That's a good point...The creed is..."Stick them with the pointy end." - Ctrl+Alt+Del parody of Assassin's Creed.
---
TELEPATHY [close]:  Yaru Dex - "Great now you made Mickey cry. Thanks a lot, Seth."
---
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Seth Ventril wrote:
2. They seem to be completely immune to stuns. My backstab does nothing to them but the increased damage. *This* is my biggest annoyance.

3. Not sure if they are immune to poison, or if this was intended or what, but when I went into the area, the poisons from my weapon were wiped completely clean. this is also annoying.

just so you know, undead have total poison and stun resistance. and these are giant flaming skeletons so... Wink
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject:

Seth Ventril wrote:
1. You can't see how much damage is being done to them, and hitting them in the left arm seems to be as effective as hitting them in the head. They seem to have a constant life force no matter where you attack, this isn't so much an annoyance just me wondering if it's intentional. It would be nice if you could look at the fighters and see where you've hit, just to get an estimation of damage roughly done.

Yeah, not really intentional.

Quote:

As Yaru said, undead have complete stun and poison and bleeding immunity.

Quote:
Now, a few suggestions.

1. It would be really helpful if you could look at the contingent and estimate/see how many fighters are left to go.

Doable.

Quote:
2. As for the mob drops (The cores and crystals such), it would be cool if each side had like a faction standing, and turning these in increased your standing with that faction, possibly unlocking buffs for yourself while in the area. Or maybe there could be a quartermaster for each side, or just two different people seeking the items the asai/cuori drop, and when you turn in so many of these items you can purchase weapons, potions, clothing, whatever.

You can't see it but you're actually gaining faction for every contingent defeat, for future use in future releases. The items you are acquiring are just extra loot.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject:

By the way, I am considering leaving this battle area open either indefinitely or for a good period of time, beyond its role in the actual event. However, the battles would become harder than they are now. Thoughts welcome.

Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject:

i'm all for it. they're fun AND i'm finally gaining alignment.

i look forward to seeing people earn faction on the asai side, as well. those cuori have too many supporters!

ps: cuori fighters need to drop treasure/money or something Sad
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject:

I would enjoy it, but not sure if I could participate in the battle ground past the event if they were too much harder.
---
---
 Back to top »
Xavain

Post Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Was kinda fun but annoying. I took out a contingent but it took about 15 mins per fighter cause they evaded so much. Least now I know I want to train archery again so I can snipe. Gave it up during my last retrain cause it takes so long to load, aim, and fire for each shot. I've got the entropy staff now so figured that would be my shooting and bashing weapon all in one. I miss sniping though. I'm with Seth though, if they're going to be harder I wont bother, I can't train my evasion or weapon up anymore for quite a while and as much of a pain as they are right now even tougher just wouldn't be worth it for me. Oh, and while fighting them I did drop my burden down to nothing so that wasn't it.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Hmm, interesting. I've seen some people say they were too easy to be fun. Interesting, indeed.

Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
Hmm, interesting. I've seen some people say they were too easy to be fun. Interesting, indeed.

i think it's a mix.

some people are having a hard time hitting them, but feeling like they themselves are at no risk (and instead just taking forever to kill them).

meanwhile, others wish more than one was attacking them at a time (i hate this idea because boy the level 150+ ones hit pretty fucking hard and don't miss that much).
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject:

by the by were the runes removed from the Asai fighter treasure hopper? i got two the first 10-15 minutes of hunting and none since.
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject:

The ones who are saying it's too easy are still in easy mode combat levels. Not saying I'm duking it out with the big dogs, but even I get hit to injured and bleeding, and I know people higher than me are getting hit twice as hard as I am, as opposed to the teenletts getting hit maybe a scuff or two per encounter and thinking they're god-mode.
---
---
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
by the by were the runes removed from the Asai fighter treasure hopper? i got two the first 10-15 minutes of hunting and none since.

They are rare but I accidentally had them in the junk hopper at first.

I'd appreciate feedback from the over effective level 100 crowd on the difficulty level post-news 41 change.

Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Role-playing & Socialization » Glowing Darju of Doom
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: