FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Ideas for Contracts (Rather long)
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Mercenaries » Ideas for Contracts (Rather long)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cadoc

Post Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Ideas for Contracts (Rather long)

To start off this may be somewhat of a long thread so please bear with me if it is. Ok now to the point, I have been kinda rattling this around in my head for the last couple days and was just coming up with ideas for types of contract Mercs could do say in Live or whenever instead of Killing X NPC/Player. Though this still would be fun... Twisted Evil ...and get paid doing it. Very Happy

I was trying to keep to the idea that Trevor had posted about mercs in the up and coming Live ideas. That a merc gains most money through combat oriented stuff. So I tried to keep my ideas centered around this. Also please if anyone can think of anyway to improve on these or new ones, I am always open to your thoughts. Also if you think they suck and this is incredibly stupid please say so as well.

Well time to get to the point. My ideas were as such:

1) Being hired for a set amount of time to be a bouncer at a club/bar. A player is hired to stay at a bar for X amount of time and periodically a fight could break out or people could come in and start attacking. It is up to the merc to deal with it. Either by killing or subdueing the trouble makers. Or maybe nothing could happen at all which is always a possiblity.

2) A Merc can be hired muscles or thug for a gang or crime boss. I would assume we don't ask questions about whom our client is, but this contract would come with some risk which I will get to in a bit. For this contract a merc could go in and say be part of a gang war, go and rough up someone, or go and rough up a store.

3) Defend a shipment going from point A to point B. Example: Say client wants to have a package taken from Llanfair to Titan City, and the road between there has been plaqued with thieves/monster etc. This could also be a group mission if the shipment is rather large. Example 2: Store owner is taking a large parcel of goods to another town to be sold. The shipment is too large for one merc to defend alone, so help is allowed to come along. All can be set forth in the contract terms I suppose.

4) A merc is hired to retrieve X item from a person or place. Say so and so person stole Item A from the client and you are asked to retrieve it by such contract terms ie killing, subduing, and/or talking it out (I know not as fun). Or say client lost item while exploring certain place (difficulty of contract varies with creature size in area.) Say if in a difficult terrained area Merc will have to hire a Tracker to help out (all at the clients expense of course Wink )

5) Now for the last Idea I was able to come up with, is say the troopers require an extra gun or human shield for mission. Either being a raid on a place or a small war starts out in some remote area that they dont want to waste trooper time on.

Well these are the main ideas that I could come up with. As for when I spoke earlier about certain missions having consequences. I can understand that a Merc can be "outside the law" (I use thise loosely) if the contract is sanctioned by the Government. But a merc would be held responsible for his actions if contract is taken outside sactioned contracts ie killing a player A for Client Player B or being a hired thug for a crime boss.

My idea was that contracts would have an affect on your alignment in addition to your actions during a contract. IE sactioned contracts will move someone in a Just direction. and evil unsactioned contracts will move your alignment in an evil direction. But your actions during the contract can affect your alignment as well. Example: You take a sactioned contract to be a bouncer (which I would see as being a sanctioned contract for all arugment puroses it is), and a fight breaks out and instead of trying to subdue the drunk customers. You just off and blow their heads off (which would be quite an evil act I would assume). Well thats an example I can think of.

I was not sure how this idea would work with people but just putting it out there for thought. But please I enjoy peoples critisms on this. Whatever bad or good, or if a GM doesn't want me talking about this just tell me to shut up. Well thee a thee a thats all folks. Thanks for putting up with the long post if you read all the way through it.
 Back to top »
JiNx-HR

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject:

What about Mercenaries being hired to say....save a burning orphanage right? And then on the flipside you have another mercenary trying to kill everyone in it, or burn it to the ground.

Creates a nice competitive-ness between mercs, I think. The idea doesn't seem too absurd to me either, it would make sense for mercenaries to run into each other on alot of different things.
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Mercenaries » Ideas for Contracts (Rather long)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: