FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Motor Vehicles
Goto page Previous  1, 2
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » Motor Vehicles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject:

I'd kind of like to see some cyberware implants that would improve the connection between you and your vehicle.

This can be better handling via skill bonuses. Or give you a better idea of what's causing your vehicle to malfunction (basically be able to get a HEALTH report for your vehicle on a whim; because vehicles will be next to sentient obviously). Or a mental alarm if your vehicle is in the process of being damaged/exploded while you're not in its immediate vicinity. Or a tracking device if your vehicle gets stolen. Or a multitude of other things.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Denavae
Lookit the flowers!

Post Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Now, onto vehicles...where's my tank!

It's in the Trooper headquarters, silly. Go steal it. Twisted Evil

BoonDock Saints wrote:
When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints.
 Back to top »
Denavae
Lookit the flowers!

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject:

All righty! After a strenous first week and weekend of a new job, I finally found some time to sit down and fully write out my thoughts on motorvehicles. The ideas that I came up with provide multiple character interaction of several classes to get a full, complete final product. First off, this is just a suggestive work, meant to give the GM's something to mull over while they make our world more in-depth. With that said, if you have any constructive criticism, feel free to post. If you have anything to add, feel free to add. However, please, please, please refrain from derailing the post. That said, here's what I've come up with so far.

Motorcycles (motorbikes, whatever your preference):

Of course, every motorcycle has a frame. Sometimes they're chromed, sometimes painted. Everything is attached to this frame. So, that means it would be a vital component. I personally think this would be best to just be bought as standard equipment. However, it would be possible to make one with numerous pipes and tubes. For this I just made it as a customizable option, sort of like a "frame catalog" type thing. As customizable options, I'm thinking to be able to customize the metal component (within reason), the color, and 'style'. So, you could potentially have a silvery-blue ailferton scooter frame (<color><metal><style> frame).

This would also go for cars and trucks, too, just different styles. Sedan, coupe, racing for cars; extended cab, step-side, etc for trucks.

Now, every vehicle needs wheels, and well, you can't have a wheel without rims. So, for the next customizable step, I would suggest wheels and rims. Mainly just the style/size, rim color, and rim style. So, we could have a blue sedan with racing slicks on lime green twisted spoke rims.

And finally, engines. I couldn't think of a way to really customize this; I mean, you -could- have different mechanical differences with it, I just don't see a point. However, I think that customizable accents would be appropriate. Maybe neons, rivets, etc. I'd say they'd only be showable in the look.

So for a recap.
Frames:
-different metals
-Colors
-Styles

Wheels:
-Size/Style
-Rim color
-Rim style

Engine:
-Accents.

Still with me? Good. Now, we're still not finished. Techs would also have to build a headlight (singular for motorcyles, plural for cars/trucks) from a bulb socket and bulb. Then it's just a matter or attaching it to the vehicle. Then, you'd need a wiring harness, made from wires and a wire frame (store bought, I think) to get power to the light, as well as a battery. All easy enough to attach to the vehicle. Now, the vehicle is driveable. But we're still not done. You can now find a skilled artisan to make a seat and saddlebags. This creates new patterns for artisans, and an spiffy touch to the finished vehicle. The seat would be made from a planed board, covered with fabric. Saddlebags also made from boards to give structure. Cars and trucks also have seats made from multiple boards and fabric. Then it's just a matter of attaching them to the bike/car.

Oh yeah, cars also need other components besides the engine, headlights and wiring harness. They would also need a radiator, made from a fan (storebought/treasure) and a casing, as well as several hoses (treasure).

So, all in all, you would choose the way your vehicle looks, customize the seats/saddlebags for your personal desires, and drive off into the sunshine.

BoonDock Saints wrote:
When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints.
 Back to top »
Cadoc

Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
I'd kind of like to see some cyberware implants that would improve the connection between you and your vehicle.

This can be better handling via skill bonuses. Or give you a better idea of what's causing your vehicle to malfunction (basically be able to get a HEALTH report for your vehicle on a whim; because vehicles will be next to sentient obviously). Or a mental alarm if your vehicle is in the process of being damaged/exploded while you're not in its immediate vicinity. Or a tracking device if your vehicle gets stolen. Or a multitude of other things.

--William

Why does this remind me of the BatMobile??....though I would take that one from Batman Returns as Cadoc's vechicle please!! Very Happy dibs!
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » Motor Vehicles
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: