FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Major Game Engine Update Soon
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Announcements From The Staff » Major Game Engine Update Soon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Major Game Engine Update Soon

I have contracted a coder to do a major overhaul of an aspect of the game engine that Haelrahv uses. The intended effect of this overhaul is to greatly reduce the impact on play that game saves have. To what degree this will be ultimately successful, I don't know, but the goal is to make the game save as transparent as possible through a number of very large changes.

That said, when the engine update has reached a point where I feel it's as stable as I can determine through my own testing, we'll need to test this fully and properly by using it live. Because this affects how data is saved, it is possible that gameplay during this time period is lost. This is something we will make every attempt to avoid, and if it were to happen, I may feel an experience boost or something along those lines is warranted.

I don't know how soon we'll be ready to test the updated engine, it's still undergoing a lot of work. As soon as I feel ready to test, I will save the game state with the existing engine, archive those copies of the game data, and then bring the new engine online and ensure I am available on site to handle any problems that come up. It is possible we could need to do game resets much more often than usual during this testing period, if bugs pop up during testing.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Announcements From The Staff » Major Game Engine Update Soon
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: